Schweigen Undermount (Silent)

UM1170-9S (900mm), UM1170-6S (600mm)

3.8

• Interior Build Quality
figgs

figgsIllawarra, NSW

The 1600 motor Schweigen is so good we're buying it again for our new house.

We've had the current one for 4.5 years. It's been incredibly reliable and outstanding in keeping the curry, stir fry and burnt toast smoke outside. But just a hint.. we have the 900mm range hood on a 600mm induction stove. I have to hold a tissue up to show friends when it's on the highest setting.. They don't believe it can be that powerful and quiet!. And yes.... we were very careful how it was installed - the piping, sizing and no kinks!

Purchased in December 2016 at Bing Lee Physical store for $2,000.00.

Jess

JessGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Runs like a dream

We installed this in our apartment. We previously had a very noisy and ineffective rangehood. This is seriously silent and highly effective. Living in an apartment it is so important to have an effective fan. Apparently they are even more effective for houses but it works really well in our apartment. We love being able to have a conversation without being drowned out by noise. We generally run it on 2 which seems to be enough. If cooking fish or meat, we do run it on 4. There is really nothing to complain about and we'd definitely recommend it to anyone!

Jen

JenPerth, WA

LED light strip lets it down

Purchased in January 2014 at Kambo's for $1,600.00.

Range Hoods

Find out how Schweigen Undermount (Silent) compares to other Range Hoods

UnhappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Broken down 3 times in 2 years

Purchased in August 2017 for $2,000.00.

Unhappy

Hi Hayley, to help you with this the service request is case [Case #26279] RANGEHOOD.
I am assuming since this is the 4th time schweigen will have records of the first three service requests.
If not let me know and I will advise

CarlTheWonderdog

CarlTheWonderdogPorirua

Malfunctioned after 3.5-years

Have had the range hood for three and a half years, and was a good fan (although the power settings a tad non-linear and not quite as silent as advertised, but this could be due to installation type). Recently however, it has been turning itself on full blast at arbitrary times. Once it gets into this mode it keeps switching itself on until power is removed from the unit. Need to leave the whole thing switched off during the night so as not to be disturbed. Would not expect this from a nearly new and relatively expensive appliance.

Purchased in October 2015 at Harvey Norman Online for $1,453.00.

Desa

DesaSydney, NSW

Undermount is good and quiet, however our unit has broken down 3 times in 3 years of ownership

Very stylish unit and good suction with the single powerful 1600w motor. Unfortunately, it has broken down three times in three years. Seems to be an electrical problem as the circuits have been replaced twice now. Basically, the lights flash and the buttons are non-responsive. Let's see if they fix it the 3rd time as it's just outside the 3 year warranty period.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Impressed

We only recently had our kitchen renovated however I am impressed by how quiet this model really is. The planes flying overhead have got to be 20 times louder at least! I have actually left it on it's that quiet. Although I haven't tested the suction on too many occasions it appears to work well. My only recommendation is to have someone install it who works with them regularly. We paid $400 for installation.

Amy H.

Amy H.Christchurch

Works well but leaks when it rains!

Meg N

Meg NBrisbane

Very, very happy with this product

We've had this undermount rangehood for over a year now, and I am extremely happy with it. It's very quiet, even on the highest setting, and is easy to clean. Perhaps the other reviewer would benefit from having their installation checked. The LED lights are a bonus.

I have no reservation in recommending this product.

Range Hoods

Find out how Schweigen Undermount (Silent) compares to other Range Hoods

paulgsMelbourne

Silent and powerful!

Have it installed in our kitchen. Works really well and is very very quiet. Also looks great in our kitchen! Very impressed!

Motor is installed outside so nice can get through but was surprised with the amount of suction. Very efficient and quiet. Also easy to clean and maintain.

Expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for.
Great suction and very very quiet! Almost silent.

bettybear

bettybearMELBOURNE

Only ok

I would not recommend this rangehood. We have just installed this rangehood in our new kitchen. It looks great and seems like it will be easy to clean but it isn't very quiet. Infact it is quite loud on setting 4 and 5. I was told it was almost silent but I think it is almost as loud as our old Smeg SlimJim. We have it above our induction cook top and when the saucepan is boiling you can see the steam move away to the side and then come back into the rangehood on setting 2 and above. It isn't strong enough to get all the stream on setting 1. Tonight the smoke alarm went off when we were cooking steak. The rangehood wasn't up to it even on setting 5.
Looks smart, seems easy to clean,
Loud, not sucking well enough, costly

water777
water777

Hi, are you still unhappy with your rangehood? I have been researching undermount and pull out rangehoods and having a hard time finding a clear winner. Thanks!

Greg56
Greg56

Hello. I am from Schweigen and would like to get to bottom of you issues. To begin with can you answer two question please
1. What is the distance from the motor to the hood
2. The name of the installer

paulgs

Not sure why that is? Maybe a problem with installation? Had mine installed a while back and it's dead silent and has great suction. Good luck!

RaiseOurStandards

RaiseOurStandardsasked

Undermount (Silent)

I had one of your recommended installers instal my Schweigen 900mm under mount yesterday. My kitchen is on the ground floor of a 2 stores house. My range hood is not silent and is noisy in the kitchen as he used rigid tubing all the way up on the outside of the house to right next to my Master Bedroom and the fan located on just outside my bedroom. I can also hear the fan from inside my bedroom. I was hoping to get a better result so I used one of your recommended installers. Can you please help me rectify ASAP? I chose the Schweigen because I though it would be totally silent as in the showrooms.

Hi there,

This is best discussed with our Service department. Please fill in a service request here https://www.schweigen.com.au/support/service-request-form. Or you can discuss this issue with our Service team (Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm) on 1300 881 693, option 2.

Haley, Marketing Coordinator @ Schweigen

Frank G.

Frank G.asked

Undermount (Silent)

Hi there my under mount has a central control panel with two Led lights 4 control switches and a setting readout. It has a remote and the unit works fine with the remote but touching/pushing the buttons does nothing. I can’t imagine they are only remote operated. Am I crazy?

Hi Frank

Thank you for your question.

Please get in touch with our Service department on 1300 881 693 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm AEST). They will be able to help you with this issue.

Haley, Marketing coordinator @ Schweigen Home Appliances

Melanie R.

Melanie R.asked

Undermount (Silent)

The Control Panel has stopped working. I can't switch off the nights or turn on the fan. Nothing is working and the lights are stuck on. How do I turn them off

Unhappy

We had similar intermittent problems but since the control board was last upgraded it has been fine.
The repair guy said these faults were common with the old control board.
So contacting schweigen is the best course of action

Hi Melanie.

Please contact our service department directly on 1300 881 693, option 2, Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm AEST.
Alternatively, you can submit a service request here https://www.schweigen.com.au/support/service-request-form

Haley @ Schweigen Home Appliances

See all Schweigen Undermount (Silent) questions

Get an answer from our members and Schweigen representatives

Schweigen Undermount (Silent)

Compare both Schweigen Undermount (Silent)
CategoryRange HoodsRange Hoods
Release dateNov 2010Nov 2010
Compare both Schweigen Undermount (Silent)

• MPN: UM-12UMSP, UM-9S1, UM-9SP, UM-PA9S1, UM1170-9SP, UM4220-12SP, UM4220-12SP2 and UM422G-12SP2