Sirius SLEM 2 900 (90 cm)

Sirius SLEM 2 900 (90 cm)

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:SLEM2900SEM1
4.4

30 reviews · Statistics

80%17%3%

Great pulling power
Easy to install
Extremely low noise level
See the Best Range Hoods in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PJHM8 posts

Ray2 posts

Krishna P.
Krishna P.VICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Functional. Even with external motor there is small noise

We bought a model direct from the manufacturer. It is a discontinued model. We also bought external mounting accessories. Installation was not simple. Hard to reach some of the screws that needed to be tightened. We had professional installer doing it and it was their comment as well.
Mandy Lin
Mandy Lin
  Fair Incentive Verified

Our family love it

Good looking and very useful! We use every day and enjoy it. We cook spicy food, seafood and different type of food.
I referred to our friends and all love it. Show details
Ming Li
Ming LiSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
  Fair Incentive

good looking and founctioning

I have just purchased SL EM900 with external motor and it is looked nice. I will see how in long term it will work. It seems the options for installer is limited so the installation costs. Show details
Angie1
Angie1AU5 posts
Neil
NeilMelbourne

Quiet and efficient

The rangehood is really quite (possibly because of the external mounted motor option we chose) and so far has done a great job of removing smells. We have installed it above an induction cooktop and it's worked perfectly since we installed it a few weeks ago. It's contemporary finish looks great too.

michelle
michelleWASouth West, WA24 posts

Removes all odors

Bought this rangehood recently to replace a euromaid model which dripped oil. It is an amazing product in comparison. No oil dripping after 2 months of constant use. I love the external motor to reduce noise. It removes all smoke, steam and odors even when cooking the smokiest of dishes. The only issue I had was the manual supplied with the model was not specific with mounting instructions whereas the online one on the Sirius site was much better. The one we had with product did not specify mounting height or the ducting to be used so we had to refo the install!

kaur
kaurMelbourne

Great product!

Looks great and is really effective at removing cooking smells! Purchased this rangehood recently and installation was relatively easy. The first two settings are very quiet! I have not been disappointed with my choice, it is a real showpiece adding a certain elegance to my fabulous new kitchen. I'm very happy!

Col
Col

JOHN
JOHNToowoomba4 posts

GREAT PRODUCT

The Sirius range hood is a great product. It is very easy to use and takes all unwanted cooking smells from the kitchen. Was easy for the electrician to install.

Harshal
Harshal7 posts

Superb, awesome and excellent

I purchased this Sirius 2900 with SEM1 motor as it was for personal use. Even though being Indian we use heavy duty spices, this rangehood sucks the smell and unwanted things so neatly and nicely that I wouldn’t stop recommending to many people! The only thing to remember is please get it installed using Sirius recommended plumbers who is mentioned on their website. They are but expensive but worth paying them extra as rangehood is not cheap too! Overall, just love it and it’s definitely silent. Even when I Use top speed which 4th it doesn’t make that noise. Hence installation is very important.

BB1965
BB1965Strathalbyn

Looks great and is very quiet

Only recently purchased so a bit early to really give it a score but I can say it is very quiet. I have purchased the range hood based on the excellent reviews and recommendation of HN. Hope it does it will be as good as they say as it was not the cheapest option. Will update the review in a couple of months

FiddyPJ7
FiddyPJ74 posts

Ah the serenity!

The range hood is installed at last and is whisper quiet. l can have a normal volume conversation while the setting is on high fan in the open plan kitchen dining lounge. It's great. Had some issues with Harvey Norman as they didn't deliver the separately boxed external motor with first shipment so something to watch for when ordering. I had to call Sirius a couple of times to sort it out and the customer service was great and helped me sort out the issues. Don't forget the duct kit.

Show details ·  1

Alireno
AlirenoAU

Not bad but disappointed

I purchased this item at Harvey Norman after looking at the display.

When I received the item it had baffles instead of the mesh I wanted and the flue cover did not have the s symbol as displayed in the shop...very disappointed

Besides that I'm pretty happy with the prefomance and the sound.

Peter L.
Peter L.

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing SEM1 motor, and to install it in my root space (attic). However from my last venture in there I know it is very dusty. Would this have any impact to the running of the motor? Is it the motor completely sealed in other words from the outside elements? and by outside elements, i mean elements that are inside my attic.

Cheers

Nick
Nick

Our u it is less then 1 year old, on numerous occasions the fan motor sound as if it’s jammed or seized. After turning it on/of/on after a few goes it’s start to draw, until today that is.. can’t get it to function at all. Just get a strained motor noise with no suck. How do I go about getting the motor replaced? It been happening since new but now we’re not in lock down it needs to be replaced..

Sirius
Sirius   DM

Hi Nick, For repairs and replacements, it would be best to give Arisit Technical Support a call on 1300 762 219 to see if they can arrange for a service-person to come out to have a look.
Regards

Robyn

Can the external motor be placed outside in the weather?

Robyn

does it have to be placed back to back or could it be placed outside but under the balcony? Is there a minimum/ maximum distance for placement?

Sirius
Sirius   DM

Hi Robyn, It is not recommended to put the motor back-to-back with the rangehood. The ideal distance from the rangehood to the motor is 4 - 5 metres for the best extraction. The max distance is 7 metres and the minimum is 2 metres.
Regards

See all Sirius SLEM 2 900 (90 cm) questions

Features:

• The Sirius SLEM 2 900 is an offboard canopy range hood that’s handcrafted in Italy and has a black glass fascia.
  • It has a motor that can generate an airflow of up to 1020m³/h and boasts silent operation.
  • The range hood has 25mm baffle filters and induction-safe technology.
  • LED lighting helps make this range hood both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
  • The dimensions are W900 x D550 x H660-1080mm.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said the Sirius SLEM 2 900 Range Hood had great pulling power and was able to get smells and steam out of the kitchen.
  • They found that the unit was easy to install.
  • According to reviews, the range hood is quiet.
CategoryRange Hoods
  • GTIN13: 9351116003838
  • MPN: SLEM2900SEM1

Extra Information

Whispair Monte Carlo
Sirius SLTCEM 92 G 900 (90 cm)
Schweigen Silent UM1170 Series