Seniors Funeral Insurance

12 questions from our users

JanetteA
JanetteAasked

Hi Janette,
I am sorry to hear of the passing of your mother and wish to extend my sympathy to you and your family. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your family's experience and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

JanetteA
JanetteAasked

My mother passed away nearly 2 months ago and my father is still experiencing difficulties getting the claim processed. Now it’s being delayed because mum’s birth certificate and marriage certificate certified copies were not dated by the JP. What possible difference could a date make? They are certified copies with the JP’s registration number on them! Cannot believe this company is making us jump through hoops this way...especially for a grieving family. My parents hold another policy with a different company.....all they needed was a phone call and contact with the funeral director. Policy claim was paid within days of her funeral. Would never ever recommend this company...no idea when dad will get what is essentially HIS money back! Is this normal...should it really be this hard?

Hi Janette,

Geema
Geema

That is disappointing to hear as I was assured my policy would be paid out to my daughter , the beneficiary on receipt of a death certificate and phone call.

Hi Geema,
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. Located on our website is important information and the steps to follow when making a Funeral Insurance claim and the documents/forms that would need to be completed. This can be viewed by visiting; https://www.seniors.com.au/funeral-insurance/make-a-claim

Bell Perth WA
Bell Perth WAasked

Do the fees increase annually? Are you able to get funds back if you cancel ?

Hi Bell,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. As part of our Australian Seniors Funeral Insurance policies, we promise that your premiums will reduce by 5% every five years you hold your policy. With our Top Cover, you have the choice to cancel cover when you turn 85 to receive an Early Cash Back payment of 150% of your benefit. If you would like to discuss our policies further, please do not hesitate to send me a private message noting your contact details and I will arrange for a member of our team to contact you.

Janet S.
Janet S.asked

How much to pay monthly at age 63

Hi Janet,
Thank you for reaching out. I would like to organise for one of our team members to contact you to discuss a quote with you that would be suitable to your needs. Can you please provide me a contact number for yourself and I will arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

Brian
Brian

Just go to the WEBSITE and they will send you a quote ... ok

Ron
Ronasked

If I change policy, does the money i have already paid get transferred or do i lose it and have to start again?

Hi Ron,
Thank you for reaching out, I would like to organise for one of our team members to reach out to you to discuss your queries further. Can you please reply to my private message with your policy details and I will arrange for the relevant team to be in touch with you.

Hi Ron,
I understand that one of our team members have been in touch to discuss your concerns further. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further queries.

Daniela A.asked

If I have insurance for 15.000 but after 10 years I pay 30000 is that mean I will receive 30000 in case of death?

Hinga T.
Hinga T.

No. 15000 is the maximum.

Hi Daniela,
Thank you for reaching out. I'd like to arrange for a team member to contact you and can discuss your queries further. If you could please reply to my private message with your name and contact details, I will forward this to the relevant team to get in touch with you.

Daniela A.

I already spoke with staff member thank you

Stephen N
Stephen Nasked

need to email new address to you please.

Hi Stephen,
Thank you for reaching out to us. You can email your updated details through to us at service@seniors.com.au.

LAWRENCE M.
LAWRENCE M.asked

How much per month for 15.000 cover

Hi Lawrence,
Thank you for your query. The premium amount will vary depending on the policy, your age and the level of cover you choose. I would be more than happy to arrange for one of our team members to contact you to provide a quote, alternatively you can obtain one via our website: https://www.seniors.com.au/funeral-insurance

Te Puhi Larkins
Te Puhi Larkinsasked

If a person dies before the 12 months from time of commencement of Policy and not as the result of an accident is the total amount of premiums paid within that time refunded to the beneficiary.

Hi Te Puhi Larkins,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. I am currently looking into this further for you. Once I have a response I will be back in touch with you.

Hi Te Puhi Larkins,
In answer to your question, there is no refund of premium if a person dies within 12 months from time of commencement of Policy where death is not as a result of an accident. However, any premiums collected after the date of death will be refunded back into the account which paid for the policy, once confirmation of the passing has been received.

judith bormann
judith bormannasked

I am thinking of changing my funeral plan to Australian Pensioners insurance. Can you give me some information please... judith a bormann

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Hi Judith. Thanks for your enquiry about Australian Seniors Insurance. You can find our comprehensive FAQ section at https://www.seniors.com.au/funeral-insurance/tools-resources/funeral-insurance-faq . Alternatively, please send your contact number in a private message and we'll arrange for a member of the Customer Help Team to be in touch.

Kalala
Kalalaasked

Where should I resend my email address?

Greenstone F.Australian Seniors

Hi Kalala, if you'd like to update the details on your policy please call our team on 1300 078 596, Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm, thanks.

Dave Aasked

I don't and won't have facebook available.
What way do people contact you?

Greenstone F.Australian Seniors

Hi Dave, you can send us your details via private message on this platform or, alternatively, by calling us on 13 13 43, thank you.

Dave A

Thanks for the reply. My query is very simple, but when I rang to get the information, the person on the other end was quite abrupt and didn't answer the question with anything that was asked about, so I will ask here.
I have taken out funeral insurance with your company and wanted to know exactly what paper work has to be filled out if I do die while being covered by you. Very simple question to answer and I would appreciate a decent answer, not a runaround.
Thankyou in advance.

3 days later
As I expected, no reply to a simple question.
I am fairly easy to get on with if I'm not getting ripped off.
I believe now I have been ripped off over $2000 so if there has been no satisfactory answer by the next payment, there will be no more.
Please reply sensibly

Dave A

I still have no reply to my simple questions.
Am I asking too much or don't you know the answer?
You asked for private communication, this is about as private as it gets.
Please reply.