Seresto Flea & Tick Collar Dog

Seresto Flea & Tick Collar Dog

1.8

KittychickenIllawarra, NSW

Rubbish

My Labrador is at the vets now fighting for life, we have been buying these in good faith believing them to be trustworthy.... never again. I just hope that we have got to him early enough.

Purchased in June 2020 at Pet Circle.

katty_murt

katty_murtNorth Queensland, QLD

Won’t buy again

Have used these collars for about 1 year. Replaced my spaniels collar in May and in August he was taken to the vets with a paralysis tick. Very expensive lesson.

Purchased at Budget Pet Products Online store for A$40.00.

Side Effects Long-term illness

Oh no

Worked for four months, phoned told you will always get odd flea, now having to de flea. throw collar out bought flea drops, never ever again £60 down the drain

Purchased in April 2020 for A$60.00.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Seresto Flea & Tick Collar Dog compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

THe Bear

THe BearGlenwood

nowhere hear as good as Preventic

Bought this collar when I found that I could not buy a Preventic tick collar in Australia. Found this collar bulky around the dogs neck and hard to adjust. Had no smell whatsoever. Seemed to iritate my dog as it did not fit under his normal collar. After a week I binned it and found that I could now buy Preventic collars from Thailand.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$35.00.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Pas M.

Pas M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Only Lasts 1 Month

Flea & Tick collar only lasted 1 month. My cat has been constantly scratching ever since. I would not recommend this product to anyone. There has to be something better available

Purchased in April 2020 at Petbarn for A$50.00.

Pet TypeCat
Lindy Lou

Lindy LouSydney, NSW

Dont waste your money and expectation

Absolutely a waste of money and worse, HOPE. 2 weeks later, and many fleas (picked up from a pet parlour) my poor little dog still has misery and scratching . I've seen the fleas on her!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$60.00.

Terrible

I bought 2 of these for my cats, and both had to cut them off within 2 days of each other due to the cats choking on it. You cant simply adjust after fitting as its permanent once fitted.
Total waste of money.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$49.99.

Pet TypeCat
Emma T

Emma THunter Region, NSW

My dog got fleas

My dog had this collar on for three months and got fleas (something she has rarely had in her 10 years). Nothing has changed for us recently, hasn't been anywhere different. She is mainly an inside dog. I emailed bayer to advise after three months of the supposed eight month flea protection my dog had fleas. They responded with a long email explaining the flea lifecycle, not sure how that was supposed to help me? These collars are not cheap, i only bought it cause the collar i used to buy i cant get anymore.

Purchased in November 2019 at Direct Vet Supplies for A$50.00.

Honest reviewer

Honest reviewerMky Qld

Check the size

I bought two one under 8 kgs and the other over 8 kgs. The smaller dog is 6 kgs, and the small collar is for a chihuahua or a puppy it is not for an adult small dog, I paid 59.99 $ for each of them, and once its out of the packet you cant take it back. The large one is so large its fine but the small one, do not buy it unless your dog is a puppy or very tiny an adult dog neck will not fit the small collar

Dayna

Dayna

Save your money

These collars are super expensive ($128.00AUD for 2 on special) & don't do a thing apart from give our male dog a rash on his neck! Buy something else. We do not recommend this product at all.

Purchased in September 2019.

Tim E.Sydney, NSW

Best prevention for paralysis ticks and does fleas

Tricia B.

Tricia B.South East Queensland, QLD

Biggest mistake trusting this product

I had both my dogs in seresto collars and thought they were protected. Three weeks after replacing their collars my boy collapsed from tick paralysis. After 4 very long and expensive days he’s finally home and recovering. Every vet we spoke to has told us these collars are problematic and ineffective on a dog with a thick coat like my border collie. All he’s suffered over the past several days could of been avoided, he will now be using bravecto.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$50.00.

Joy Williams

Joy WilliamsSouth East Queensland, QLD

NOT HAPPY JAN

I bought 1lg, 1 med and 2 sm dog Seresto flea collars early Sept. All dogs were washed using a medicated product and clipped, their collars put on. Yes they did have a sign of fleas before which has never gone away. Now all dogs are riddled and one has a red irritated belly. So now a vet bill as well as another flea product.

Purchased in September 2019 at Pet Barn for A$38.50.

Totally disappointed

My dogs have never had fleas but I looked after someone’s dog and have battled ever since to get rid of these parasites. So after trying advocate I thought I would get this flea collar. What a waste of £32.50!!! I am so angry. My dog has been wearing it every day for 3 weeks and is still suffering. So back to the vets I go.

Purchased in July 2019.

Not worth trying

My golden retriever has been wearing collar for 2 months. He has had at least 6 ticks in this two month period. What is the point if it doesn’t work?

Purchased in May 2019.

Awful Product

This product does not work . I was told it would take 2 months to start working. Also if my pet went outside and fleas got on him the collar won't kill the fleas...So why would I pay $65 for something that doesn't work..after 2 months of constantly scratching I took him to the vet and he had fleas.. this product was put on the same day he got a flea bath..thankfully the vet give him a better product and he was better in 24 hours...Awful product!

Purchased in July 2019 for A$65.00.

Pet TypeDog

Be aware! My dog was having seizures...

My dog is an 12 year old boxer. But he is healthy just some arthritis. I put this collar on him due to him not eating his comfortus pill anymore. And after 7 days he was falling over and having 30 second seizures. After 3 days of up to 5 seizures a day i took collar off. Within 24 hours they stopped. It's been 4 days and no seizures yet. I do believe it was collar. Don't think it will happen to every dog. This is what reaction my dog had. I know several people who use and have no side effects.

Purchased in May 2019 at Rural king for A$6,900.00.

Pet TypeDog

Buyers beware! This collar is super expensive and ineffective!

Klaire

KlaireCairns

No more flea bites!

Was desperate to find a solution for my rescue dog with skin problems which were exacerbated by flea bites. She was on a well known oral product which only worked to kill fleas after they bite the dog! Seresto repels the fleas & ticks & since wearing the collar there are no fleas, no bites & we have now managed skin condition easily.

Susie .J

Susie .JWindsor

Won’t stop fleas biting as advertised!

I purchased 2 collars for my Jack Russell Terriers believing I had finally found the answer to my dogs flea dermatitis .
Following a visit to my parents place.
( A known trouble spot for fleas!)
I felt confident they would be protected as they had been wearing the collars for a few weeks.
Unfortunately a day after returning home my dogs have not stopped scratching!
And the flea dermatitis is back .!!

This product advertised to be different to other flea treatments as it prevented fleas from biting.

Sadly this wasn’t the case for my dogs.

Mike M.

Mike M.asked

Bought three collars from a pet supplies shop online. When they came in the tins did not look at all like the white and blue tins I see on TV. They are white and gold. I heard of counterfeit ones from Amazon but this wasn't from there or eBay. I did further research and found the exact same tin from Bayer Australia. Is there a difference?

RPS

RPSasked

What is the difference (if any) between Seresto dog collars from Bayer Australia Ltd vs Bayer HealthCare, LLC?

bill bayley
bill bayley

theres no difference they will both make your dog sick

Tim E.

I spend a lot of time with my 2 dogs on Sydney’s northern beaches in bad tick areas, I know at least 50 people that use these collars on their dogs and not one has issues with their dog getting sick. My vet also has told me she has never seen a dog get sick from seresto collar. You must be the anomaly

Kittychicken

My Labrador is at the vets now after picking up a paralysis tick, he has been wearing one of these collars and the vet said that they are rubbish. I only hope that we have got to him early enough.

Wendy N.

Wendy N.asked

I bought your large dog seresto collar and I live in Pennsylvania. The package says good for 4 months tick protection. But when bought here in US it says good for 8 months flea and ticks. Is it going to be good for 8 month coverage for ticks?

4 months max for ticks only does fleas for 8 months

Hans S.
Hans S.

Hey Wendy, I live in Connecticut USA and had the same question. I got mine from petsupplies.com and noticed difference in the tin and from Australia but I have a Shepherd and Bullie with no bug problems all season. I give them a good bath in early spring then put the collars on and never a problem lasting till the cold weather. This is my second season using and I reccomend. Must be a difference in chemical compounds. Beware of copies from Ebay and other sites but if you get scammed from Amazon they will honor any legitimate issue. They have some "how to spot imitations" videos on you tube and Bayer has some videos as well. Good luck!