Shannons Bike Insurance

Shannons Bike Insurance

1ozflyer

1ozflyerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Price hike 28%

Shannons Comprehensive increased my premium by 28% while the agreed value has dropped. Everything else stayed the same... except that I now have a 11 year claim free period. They claim that cost have gone up 30%. I say bull and take my money elsewhere
Update: I just signed up with Swann and saved a staggering 41% (same excess, same agreed value). All on line. nice and easy, the way I like it

Claim MadeNo

Good to deal with. Can't fault them.

I hit a giant Roo on my lovely original 70's Harley. I didn't come off but he knocked it around pretty badly & it was unrideable from the scene.
Shannons were good from day 1, right through to the completion of repairs which were of considerable cost.
I can't fault them.

besse

besse

Rude, Arrogant, Overpriced

Received new policy from Shannons as a former customer of Insure My Ride no longer existed. Let it go for a month then started doing online quotes as l always do to find a better deal as Shannons was quite high. Most insurance companies will do online quotes but not Shannons, you have to call them, as l did but they wouldn't do a new quote, they only wanted to go with over priced policy they sent me, found many more cheaper than Shannons. Wouldn't consider them.

Angelo JMount Pritchard

Avoid insuring with Shannons at all costs

MATT

MATT

Unbelievable service, commitment and results.

KAWASAKI

KAWASAKIMAFFRA VIC 3860

Premium rip off

Got a quote for motorcycle insurance and their quote was ridiculous was 400 to 600 dollars dearer than any where else .

Gourmetcook

Gourmetcook

Avoid, yet another criminal Suncorp subsidiary

Should be negative 5 stars. After spending thousands on premium some company car smashed up my cruiser while parked. Got police report, security footage, the vehicle plates everything to the book. Still they are refusing to even considering looking at a claim All they tell me that I have to mail but they never reply and only ever talk on the phone as criminals with only first names. Because they are big they think they are imune under the law. Shame, shame, shame Suncorp you are the shame of the nation!!!

TonyJ51

TonyJ51Brisbane

Motorcycle insurance - absolute rubbish

Just tried to insure my new Moto Guzzi with Shannon's, the same company that I have my classic cars with, and the quote came back at $900+ on bike value of $20,000. Compared with Swann at $336 for the exact same policy!

I'm 50yo, max no claim bonus, no accident history, bike stays in locked garage. So apparently Shannon's believe their policy is worth 3 times as much???

If you're looking for bike insurance, look elsewhere.

jasonw1000

jasonw1000Brisbane

Some stressful moments but generally fine.

My Ducati 748 was stolen from my garage and upon contacting Shannons got the insurance claim underway. There was hoop jumping I had to go through (including providing a photo of the bike) and at times I wondered if they where looking for an excuse not to pay. (isnt that normal for insurance companies). They were friendly enough on the phone and no one was particularly rude but after 4 weeks of not hearing anything I called and was told my claim had been approved and the cheque arrived in the mail shortly after. Overall things worked out fine but I constantly felt I I had the proverbial sword of Damocles hanging above my head.

Tony

Tonycastle hill

Bike repair good experience

Crashed 883 sportster on old pacific hwy

They were great with everything
repaired bike with accessories and replaced riding gear
only delay was with parts arriving from the states
The people were very helpful

I think sometimes it can be a bit of a lottery as to which claims officer you get

I had a very good experience with shannons when it came time to claim.

fred bahrami

fred bahramiadelaide

Shannons Epic Fail!!!!!

I had my custom (iron horse) motorbike stolen 3-4 months ago and shannon's still has not made a decision on the claim. they have been rude, unhelpful, breached my privacy and trust. Thus far AAMI being their internal dispute resolution department have also been less than helpful. I would strongly advise anyone seeking insurance with shannon's, AAMI or suncorp to reconsider, and the people / companies with a current insurance policies to reevaluate their position.

"it will take as long as it takes." [name removed] from investigations shannon's

Graham Smart

Graham SmartBrisbane

Better service than I could have ever expected of any motorcycle insurer.

Jones_GCE

Jones_GCEAU

What a joke!

My husband was knocked off his beautiful R1, he was not at fault! The witness agreed, the driver admitted liability. Police report also reflects this.

So why can they not do there investigations professionaly and correctly? My huband still has to pay a $700 excess for something that was not his fault?

It has taken over 6 weeks to get answers from this company and yet still no joy. Couldn't even get to speak to a manager, or anyone with some superiorty.Insurance cancelled!! Don't go here people!

Bad service when claiming

ipleb

ipleb

Good

far beyond the competitors on price (everything else (???)). don't go near swann for bike insurance, if you don't meet the requirements for these guys, go western QBE.
great for bike insurance. they don't insure risks, so prices usually better
none yet...haven't had need to test them.

sheety

sheety

Terrible

They flew an assessor up from down south to Brisbane to assess the bike and took a couple off weeks to come back with the result and did not take into account the damaged apparel and had to wait for that department to access the gear. Not very professional, Must be better Insurance company's around.
friendly when signing up.
Taking a long time to process a claim,tried to talk me into canceling claim before giving me the full price all up with clothing and bike repairs.

Kesa

Kesaasked

Hi I have eight yamaha dt1 motor cycles that I have restored I keep them in a locked Cabin. I think they would be worth $50 thousand . What would be the cost of insurance for fire and theft for them. Tony Wood. THANKS.

Leon

Leonasked

I got knocked of my bike the other guys fault i bought the bike for 14grand brand new then spent 11grand making it sexy triumph dealler i bought the bike of did the work any way the suncorp assessor jeff rudest prick ive ever talked too sounds like the same one as above is trying to palm me of with what he says they are worth 10 grand its only five years old 5000 ks and cost me 10 grand agian to make it look like mine the bike shop has given him a quote of 17 grand hes doing my head in what are my rights?

Get an answer from our members and Shannons representatives

CategoryMotorcycle & Bicycle Insurance