Siemens EH975SZ17E

Siemens EH975SZ17E

Greg H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Designed to brake down.

Purchased in January 2016 at Euro Appliances for $1,700.00.

Shame that it take only 4 pots

Agree with comment above regarding limit of pots at same time (4 maximum).Yes it take few seconds to switch on but in overall it is fast and controls are easy to use. So far after 18 months no cracks or any other nastiness.
Would recommend Italian rangehood Sirus to compliment cooktop.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Carben

CarbenSydney

Make your decision carefully - disappointed with my investment

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Dianne

DianneSydney

Broken front left corner of glass top

I too was encouraged by winnings to buy a Siemens induction cook top.
Installed middle of 2016 as renovations completed.
I have not dropped anything on it
I was astounded and disappointed to find a crack across the corner.
Apart from this problem which appears to be a failure of design and not built for purpose.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Kim F

Kim FMalvern East

Be careful about buying this cooktop. I wish I had of read these reviews before buying!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

MalindaMelbourne

Does the job. Burnt like marks appeared underneath the glass visible from outside

Malinda

Appreciate your tips in cleaning pot marks. I'll try that and update with results.

Malinda

With the ceramic glass cleaner all marks disappeared. Now the unit looks brand new after two years usage. This surely is a 5 star appliance.

Clare HMelbourne

Induction cooktop cracked in corners

Clare H

Yes, thank you, I have actually contacted you but was told this problem is not covered under your 5 year warranty.

SophiaSydney

Cracked cooktop

Greg H.asked

Well I wouldn't go near Siemens if I was a new customer. After owing an induction hob for about 3 years and a very good experience the cooktop decided to blow up. I called Siemens the tech came and and fixed it ,next day after repair it blew up again so I called tech support and they came and fixed it again. This happened 3 times same fault always the repair only lasted one day before breaking down again. It looked like the hob cannot be repaired even by Siemens technicians. After all the failed attempts Siemens informed me that they are going to replace the hob for a new one. Few weeks went past and now Siemens is telling me the hob is not covered by the warranty BC I bought it from a internet retailer who supplied me EU stock. What other stock is there ???? None of it is manufactured in Australia, it looks like they cannot repair their own products who develop a catastrophic failure after few years of use .

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens cooktop.
Siemens Australia go through a lot of work to make sure the appliances we import for our Australian customers are safe and fit to use and are able to supply a warranty because of this. If an appliance is imported through a third party then we would not be able to guarantee where it came from or whether it was made with the Australian power supply and other conditions in mind.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 167 425.
Regards,
Siemens Home Australia.

Greg H.

Please, Australia is not the moon and power requirements are identical hence the appliance worked just fine for 3 years. They might be different if you send your products to US but not to Australia. You have fixed the appliance 3 times and 3 times it failed after your repair. Then I was told and emailed that BC of unsuccessful repairs you are happy to swap the unit. All this taking now over 2 months during which I'm unable to cook for my family. When I call your customer service I'm told that you still considering what to do. I have contacted ACCC as this is not on. I did not import the appliance through 3rd party, I bought it from internet retailer and he got the appliance from Siemens, if I bought it from Harvey Norman online wouldn't that be the same?

gymjunky69asked

I'm looking at purchasing the EX975LVC1E induction cooktop and after reading some reviews about your inductions I'm a bit concerned about the glass cracking as it's thin and if you'll cover it under the 5 year warranty?

Malinda

Hi there ... I don't think if the glass cracks it'll be covered under warranty, better to check on that with a dealer or Siemens directly. Anyhow we have not been very very careful when placing pots and pans on the glass. It's very tough and doesn't break unless you use something like a hammer :-) I had some stain marks on the glass sometime ago and as Siemens instructed, used ceramic glass cleaner to clean that and it looks brand new now.
It really a good induction, bit too much technology for it to be a cooker :-)
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Thanks Malinda

Hi gymjunky69,

Thanks for your question regarding the Siemens EH975SZ17E Cooktop.

We would recommend ensuring that your installer is a qualified one and that they use the brackets provided with the appliance, while following the installation instructions carefully, as most cracks formed are compression cracks which are due to incorrect mounting of the frame to the appliance.
The glass used in our induction cooktops is CERAN, a tough and long lasting glass ceramic material.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 167 425 during business hours.

Regards, SiemensHomeAu

Get an answer from our members and Siemens representatives