2.9

Fine Lines & Wrinkles Yes · No
2.5
Ease of Application
2.5
Smell
1.5
Brand Manager for Skinstitut? Claim your listing.

rose k.
rose k.

WONDERFUL WITH WHITE LAYER

Wonderful love it, just bough it and love it, I will buy it again Show details
Alli
Alli3 posts

Wanted to love it but

Really wanted to love this product.
I use Skinstitute cleaners & moisturizers daily & have done for years, which gave me every confidence in trying this one. Am fairskinned so was looking for a durable, non toxic & non-clogging daily use SPF.
But this product is super thick, heavy scent, leaves skin greasy & sticky. Which makes it a no-go for a makeup base, too.
Worst of all, my skin brokeout badly after only 2 consecutive morning applications.
Won't be applying it again.. Shame due to it's $50 price tag & trusted Aussie brand. Show details
Dani
DaniQld4 posts

Greasy and sticky

I use a large range of Skinstitut products and recebtly purchased this sunblock, it hands down has to be the worst sunblock I have ever used in my life. It is so greasy and sticky on your face and leaves a weird white residue on your skin, even when only using small amounts. I would not recommend this to anyone.  Show details
DK Brooks
DK BrooksAU9 posts

Too greasy

For everyday use it is far too greasy. It is very thick and doesn't spread easily. It leaves me looking super shiny. I use this as a sunscreen when I go to the beach rather than as a moisturiser
Lou
LouGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Unfortunately this just ain't it

It smells like play-doh and leaves a white cast on your face (it eventually dries as clear, but you need to rub it in). I would only use this if I wasn't wearing makeup that day.
I have found other facial sunscreens that are lighter and better to wear day-to-day.
Will finish this tube, but will not be re-purchasing.  Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
Belinda
Belinda

Skinstitut Age Defence SPF 50+

Clogged my pores, sweat on my face the minute I put it on. Thick, so heavy. Leaves a white layer

Would not recommend

Keep looking on the market if after an SPF50

pearls
pearlsCanberra7 posts

Only Use At The Beach

I used this sunscreen as instructed—patted it on, instead of rubbing in. Within minutes my face starts sweating and then goes very oily. Even in a dry winter climate, my face is greasy and grimy all day. It makes wearing foundation over the top very difficult.

This sunscreen is best used on other parts of the body.

LindyT
LindyT2 posts

Very heavy & oily!

I'm in my late 50's & have good skin with oily T zone. This cream is very thick & oily. It makes my face sweat & blocked my pores. Not a fan at all.

Lonnie24Richmond-Tweed, NSW11 posts

The Best Moisturer on the market

I've been using Skinstitut Age Defence SPF 50+ for a few years now. I mix Skinstitut Vitamin C powder and the Moisturer together and apply to my face, neck and decolletage. The Moisturer is thick and nourishing. Perhaps too heavy for very oily skin. My skin is normal to dry and I find it ideal. Mixing the Vitamin C with the Moisturer is an excellent anti aging treatment for matured aged skin. The Moisturer also gives the feel and appearance of a primer. Each product retails for $45AUD. Online $30AUD a piece. I also use the facial wash and scrub. Awesome products.

lasemedics