Smeg DOSPA6395X

Smeg DOSPA6395X

MPN: 35982604

Daniel R.

Daniel R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Oven glass exploded when in cleaning mode

After 11 weeks with our new kitchen, we decided to use the pyrolytic clean while hosting a dinner party. Shortly after sitting down the oven exploded like a gunshot! Glass exploded and shot out across our house, over our guests and food! We were (and still are) in so much shock. There is no way I can recommend this product to anyone.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Safety
Product is used: Several times a week

IsabelSydney, NSW

Not great, regretting the buy!

So disappointed. We had our new smeg oven installed in our new kitchen. We used it for the first time tonight. Terrible experience. After 1 1/2 hours it stopped working and the display screen is blank. Cannot turn it on. Only the light will work. Really!!! I haven’t contacted smeg yet as it just happened. I googled trouble shooting as there really isn’t anything in the manual. I came across this website. Wish I read these reviews before I purchased it. Fingers crossed it gets sorted quickly.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used: Daily
Charles

CharlesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great oven ... shame about the cash back promise!

A great oven and we're very happy with the appliance. It took a while to learn the controls but the results have been great and better than we expected. Sadly the offer of a cashback that has failed to materialise was a disappointment.

Purchased in June 2019.

Product is used: Daily
Concerned

ConcernedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It’s a lemon!

Purchased in December 2018 at e&s.

jezza

jezza

Above average.

May need a electronics degree to operate but will get used to it. Its a good one. cooks quick and reasonably even.
The design is great. not too many knobs to confuse whats already there. The size off the cooking space is reasonably generous. It has a very slick neat look about it. would recommend the brand and oven to others.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Scratched and damaged oven sold as new inside enamel sctrached SMEG didn’t want to replace!!! Beware

Have not used this oven hoping for a replacement or of to Fair Trading. The SMEG ladies are abrupt and appear not to give a hoot about the customer. The Smeg representive I spoke with was doing her best to make sure I didn’t receive a replacement oven. I am really disappointed in the customer service or lack of it smeg provide. Furthermore, I now question the quality of the product surely these obvious scratches and dents inside the oven should have been picked up by their inspection process prior to it being shipped off from the factory. Apparently based in Italy. Harvey Norman who I purchased the oven from have been excellent so far and I hope they can provide a new replacement oven.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Sparkymark
Sparkymark

kittyq

kittyqAU

Stylish, functional an reliable oven

Super oven that we use far more frequently than our previous (Westinghouse) one. Heats up quickly, cooks evenly and has great functions. Highly recommended addition for any kitchen. Yes, it is in the upper price range but you get what you pay for and I expect it will last for years.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Anna

Anna

Sleek looking oven

Loving this oven. Oven beeps when it's heated to required temperature. Has several different features for cooking. Has a grill and oven option at the same time also can be set to eco friendly heating. Has a timer setting. Easy to use, Easy to clean. It has a pyrolitic option so it's extremely easy to keep clean.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

GermaineWoodend

Exploding inner glass during pyrolytic clean

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Germaine

I look forward to your speedy reply.

AnnhAU

Fan died on Feb 2017 .am disgusted need working oven . Paid a lit of money for this oven .now feel n

Very happy with performance .
Not happy with its staying power , did not last too long .expected it to performe for longer .
For the price I payed I expected it to last longer
Have not got price for repairs yet but am waiting for mechanic to come to estimate cost

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Annh

Thank you for your promp reply , I I will be in touch tomorrow ?

Annh

Have contacted local Rep. Waiting for him to ring me , will keep you updated .

Phryne

Phryneasked

Hi, How do you use timer to let you know when food is cooked? How do you turn the top oven off? Thanks for your help.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Phryne. Thanks for your enquiry. We would love to assist you with this over the telephone - can you please call us direct and we can help you - our phone number is 02 8667 4888. Also, we can discuss with you ( dependant on your location ) where you can attend our cooking classes. Kind Regards SMEG AUSTRALIA

georgengasked

Hi I also have a SMEG DOSPA6395X oven. Its also almost brand new. After the oven is on after good period of time, I cannot switch it off unless I reset it off the mains switch. The left hand switch has been replaced and the main circuit board but the fault is still there. This seems intermittent after the oven is on over a period of time. My understanding of the switches is that the one on the very left side is the one that you press to bring up the screen then you flick the know to select y/n to stop. My symptoms are when you press that switch nothing happens, no y/n option and the oven continues to operate. Technican is coming in again but I don't know what he will swap next. Any ideas?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Georgeng thank you for your feedback, can you please let us know how the Technician went when he attended your call ? Can you also provide us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number? Our email is: service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, SMEG AUSTRALIA

georgeng

I have reply your email.

Kupa N.asked

Three weeks ago had new SMEG DOSPA6395X installed. Went through the process of first use with no problems. Everything seems to work, clock is set, tried different presets for cooking. BUT when when I try to interrupt the program to stop cooking or when I just want to turn off the oven it will not stop. Nothing will interrupt it. The only way to shut the oven off is by the mains switch. It will not shut off by holding in the program switch as suggested. I have tried many things. Three weeks old and it's scary.... It will not turn off... except for mains power board. Any help?

Hi Kupa N,
To turn off the oven, press and hold the right hand switch.
The cooling fan will keep going until a cool temperature is reached. If the oven is still hot after a period of time, please contact our Service Department on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service call.

Regards,
Smeg Tech Support.

Kupa N.

Thanks for the response. I will call service dept.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryWall Ovens
Price (RRP) $4,090
Oven FuelElectricity
Type Convection
SizeDouble
Capacity120L
FeaturesChild Safety Lock and Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)
Colour / Finish Stainless Steel