Smeg DOSPA6395X

Smeg DOSPA6395X

MPN: 35982604

It’s a lemon!

[ *UPDATE#2* From last update til present, there'd been 2 changeovers of oven units occurred. Nothing more could emphasize further about our disappointment, go figure... Hopefully this third Unit which only installed on 21 May would indeed be final and a charm! (One positive thing to mention i.e. E&S Trading at Blackburn is very helpful, we should have gone to them in the beginning when we encountered faults with the first oven unit, could have shortened the waiting times.)]

[ *UPDATE#1* 1 May Smeg’s service, Alantin, informed they’ll replace my existing faulty oven with a new unit. I hope the new unit would be a fault-free one that does serve its purpose as an oven, keeping my fingers crossed. Nonetheless, appreciate Smeg’s service office’s quick decision.]
==========================================
Bought this oven from E&S Trading on 26 December 2018. It was delivered on 16 January 2019 but we only managed to have it installed on 1 February 2019 due to the long breaks.
From then on till now, nearly 3 months, there have already been several breakdowns with the oven in relation to the following:
1. control knobs being totally unresponsive
2. Unable to power off the oven via control knobs
3. Have to power off by switching off from the Mains
4. Digital display screen freezes
5. Digital display screen blackout

Yes, this NEW oven is qualified with extended warranty, but still, having all the above issues when it is not even being used for more than 3 months truly speaks loudly of its quality. Not to mention with all the breakdown times, it’s hardly being able to put to use during these 3 months’ period!
Smeg’s Victoria authorised service technicians came checked and ordered a couple of new parts for replacement. After all the waiting, came one technician today (29 April) with the parts. The double oven is not of lightweight appliance, it is Very Heavy. I am merely a 1.5m small build female, I had no choice but to help this technician (upon his request) to lift and remove the double oven from its built-in oven cabinet, otherwise there’s no way he could do the intended parts replacement! Alantin should have sent 2 service men, however, that’s not the end to this. After opening up the oven, the technician told me the parts that being ordered and brought in were not compatible with the one being used in my oven even though the model and serial numbers are correct! I am utterly puzzled, I don’t understand how this is possible?
I have to again helped him to lift back up the oven to be put back into my built in oven space. And I’ve been told to wait for the office to call for the Next Appointment date and time again! In the meantime, my oven’s digital display screen has miraculously appeared visible again (this happened before), I don’t know how long would this last as from my past 2 months experience, it’s likely to freeze and/or unable to turn off from oven baking/roasting functions via control knobs again, the only way to shut down is to power off from the Mains!
We feel that this is not right, we should entitle to a new replacement oven under warranty instead.

A Total Disappointment for the brand we thought is of high standards and the price we paid for!

Purchased in December 2018 at e&s.

Above average.

May need a electronics degree to operate but will get used to it. Its a good one. cooks quick and reasonably even.
The design is great. not too many knobs to confuse whats already there. The size off the cooking space is reasonably generous. It has a very slick neat look about it. would recommend the brand and oven to others.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Scratched and damaged oven sold as new inside enamel sctrached SMEG didn’t want to replace!!! Beware

Have not used this oven hoping for a replacement or of to Fair Trading. The SMEG ladies are abrupt and appear not to give a hoot about the customer. The Smeg representive I spoke with was doing her best to make sure I didn’t receive a replacement oven. I am really disappointed in the customer service or lack of it smeg provide. Furthermore, I now question the quality of the product surely these obvious scratches and dents inside the oven should have been picked up by their inspection process prior to it being shipped off from the factory. Apparently based in Italy. Harvey Norman who I purchased the oven from have been excellent so far and I hope they can provide a new replacement oven.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Sparkymark. My name is Steve Cullen and I am the National Service and Spare Parts Manager for Smeg Australia. I take the comments that you have made very seriously and would like to assist you with your matter. Can you please email me direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. I will also need a copy of the receipt if possible. My email address is: steve.cullen@smeg.com.au I will then be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter as I will be able to investigate this further. Regards Steve Cullen.Hi Steve, as requested I have emailed you the information you sought. In the last hour A Semg representative has agreed to pick up the damaged oven and replace it with a new one. I do appreciate that, it’s just a shame I had to waste so much of my time and frustration to get this result. Good of you to follow up!

Stylish, functional an reliable oven

Super oven that we use far more frequently than our previous (Westinghouse) one. Heats up quickly, cooks evenly and has great functions. Highly recommended addition for any kitchen. Yes, it is in the upper price range but you get what you pay for and I expect it will last for years.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Sleek looking oven

Loving this oven. Oven beeps when it's heated to required temperature. Has several different features for cooking. Has a grill and oven option at the same time also can be set to eco friendly heating. Has a timer setting. Easy to use, Easy to clean. It has a pyrolitic option so it's extremely easy to keep clean.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Exploding inner glass during pyrolytic clean

This oven cooks food well. I found the warm air released out above the top door some time to get used to. Tonight I decided for the first time to use the pyrolytic self clean function. I purchased the oven in February 2017. After reaching 30mins into the cycle I heard a pop and explosion. I was standing in close proximity to the oven by the kitchen sink. Clumps of glass and smaller shards were on the floor, bench tops and sitting above both doors to the oven. I quickly turned off the oven at the mains and could hear the glass inside the oven shattering and pop for another 5-10minutes. I had 3 children at home at the time and had only just moved away from the front of the oven minutes before the explosion. Considering the distance the glass was blown I am very lucky not to have been seriously injured. This was extremely dangerous and not an issue that I had been aware of. I paid a considerable amount of money for the pyrolytic option and being a new model I am surprised that this actually happened. I contacted SMEG immediately after this happened, I am still very alarmed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Dear Germaine, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and telephone contact details. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenI look forward to your speedy reply.

Fan died on Feb 2017 .am disgusted need working oven . Paid a lit of money for this oven .now feel n

Very happy with performance .
Not happy with its staying power , did not last too long .expected it to performe for longer .
For the price I payed I expected it to last longer
Have not got price for repairs yet but am waiting for mechanic to come to estimate cost

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Dear Annh, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenThank you for your promp reply , I I will be in touch tomorrow ?Have contacted local Rep. Waiting for him to ring me , will keep you updated .

Hi, How do you use timer to let you know when food is cooked? How do you turn the top oven off? Thanks for your help.
Hi Phryne. Thanks for your enquiry. We would love to assist you with this over the telephone - can you please call us direct and we can help you - our phone number is 02 8667 4888. Also, we can discuss with you ( dependant on your location ) where you can attend our cooking classes. Kind Regards SMEG AUSTRALIA

Hi I also have a SMEG DOSPA6395X oven. Its also almost brand new. After the oven is on after good period of time, I cannot switch it off unless I reset it off the mains switch. The left hand switch has been replaced and the main circuit board but the fault is still there. This seems intermittent after the oven is on over a period of time. My understanding of the switches is that the one on the very left side is the one that you press to bring up the screen then you flick the know to select y/n to stop. My symptoms are when you press that switch nothing happens, no y/n option and the oven continues to operate. Technican is coming in again but I don't know what he will swap next. Any ideas?
Hi Georgeng thank you for your feedback, can you please let us know how the Technician went when he attended your call ? Can you also provide us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number? Our email is: service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, SMEG AUSTRALIAI have reply your email.

Three weeks ago had new SMEG DOSPA6395X installed. Went through the process of first use with no problems. Everything seems to work, clock is set, tried different presets for cooking. BUT when when I try to interrupt the program to stop cooking or when I just want to turn off the oven it will not stop. Nothing will interrupt it. The only way to shut the oven off is by the mains switch. It will not shut off by holding in the program switch as suggested. I have tried many things. Three weeks old and it's scary.... It will not turn off... except for mains power board. Any help?
Hi Kupa N, To turn off the oven, press and hold the right hand switch. The cooling fan will keep going until a cool temperature is reached. If the oven is still hot after a period of time, please contact our Service Department on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service call. Regards, Smeg Tech Support.Thanks for the response. I will call service dept.

DOSPA6395X
Price (RRP) $4,090
Oven FuelElectricity
Type Convection
SizeDouble
Capacity120L
FeaturesChild Safety Lock and Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)
Colour / Finish Stainless Steel