Smeg DOSPA6395X

Smeg DOSPA6395X

MPNs: 35982604 and 6344

Wall Ovens Buying Guide

For many Australians, a wall oven is essential for home cooking. Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. Whether you’re choosing an oven for a new home, renovating your kitchen, or simply upgrading, this buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now

2.4

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

FredWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Expensive dissapointment

The very day it was installed by professional electricians, the screen froze and no switches would work. Turned off at mains to reset on advice from SMEG. Since then 3 more freezes and wouldn't turn off. Rang SMEG and warranty people came today 30/6/20 to inspect the oven and it froze on them,now making it 5 times in only 5 weeks. We now await a whole new control panel and hope it works.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$3,388.00.

Rachel L

Rachel LNew South Wales

SMEG DOSPA6395X - Double Pyrolitic oven

Purchased in March 2020 at Kitchen Things for A$3,600.00.

Max

MaxWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Will never purchase a SMEG again

I regret purchasing this expensive oven that will need to be replaced in just a few years. The finish on the oven door is of such a poor quality and the clear coating of the stainless steel is not made to laste. It started rusting in the first 12 months. I contacted the manufacturer who arranged for a replacement at the 18 month mark - but its already showing the same symptoms (replaced 9 months ago).

The locking mechanism that locks the door for the pyrolytic function has only ever worked once, and now i use a length of kitchen twine to keep the lock engaged so it can be cleaned.

The oven itself functions well and gets hot fast - so that's something.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$3,350.00.

Rodney M.Smeg

kazwestfield

kazwestfieldSydney, NSW

Exploding smeg oven

Having worked for a number of months, I tried to use the pyrolytic. One hour in and the glass exploded. Sunday afternoon, nobody at smeg around to help & certainly no dinner for us ! Two hours of my weekend Also spent cleaning up. Glass, glass everywhere !! I have emailed smeg and just hope they will rectify this is some way. There is lots of glass and I’m still worried my dogs and kids will find some and step on it

Purchased for A$3,000.00.

Product is used Weekly
geejay

geejaySydney, NSW

Substantial issues with programs and controls

recurrent issues with inabilty to turn off main oven in double oven Smeg
and having computerised controls unresponsive;
necessitating turning off power at mains board;
thereafter computer controls seem to reset on repower.
this is absolutely unacceptable and has been reported repeatedly,
yet the product is remaining on the market WITHOUT CORRECTION.
I have had to rate it one star as the minimum rating,
whereas the computer controls are UNSAFE and a negative rating is valid!

Jason Vic.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Smeg DOSPA6395X exploding inner glass door

Has been a great oven until i tried the pyrolytic cleaning. 40 minutes into the operation, the inner glass door exploded, showering glass out the door, and spraying it around the kitchen. My toddler grand-daughter had been walking around the kitchen playing while i was cleaning, only 5 minutes earlier. So lucky!!

Purchased in July 2016.

Jason Vic.

thank you for your prompt reply, i have emailed you and look forward to a speedy resolution.

Jason Vic.

Having followed up with the company and there representatives, they will be sending out a new inner glass, fantastic.

Daniel R.

Daniel R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Oven glass exploded when in cleaning mode

After 11 weeks with our new kitchen, we decided to use the pyrolytic clean while hosting a dinner party. Shortly after sitting down the oven exploded like a gunshot! Glass exploded and shot out across our house, over our guests and food! We were (and still are) in so much shock. There is no way I can recommend this product to anyone.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

IsabelSydney, NSW

Not great, regretting the buy!

So disappointed. We had our new smeg oven installed in our new kitchen. We used it for the first time tonight. Terrible experience. After 1 1/2 hours it stopped working and the display screen is blank. Cannot turn it on. Only the light will work. Really!!! I haven’t contacted smeg yet as it just happened. I googled trouble shooting as there really isn’t anything in the manual. I came across this website. Wish I read these reviews before I purchased it. Fingers crossed it gets sorted quickly.

Charles

CharlesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great oven ... shame about the cash back promise!

A great oven and we're very happy with the appliance. It took a while to learn the controls but the results have been great and better than we expected. Sadly the offer of a cashback that has failed to materialise was a disappointment.

Purchased in June 2019.

Concerned

ConcernedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It’s a lemon!

Purchased in December 2018 at e&s.

jezza

jezza

Above average.

May need a electronics degree to operate but will get used to it. Its a good one. cooks quick and reasonably even.
The design is great. not too many knobs to confuse whats already there. The size off the cooking space is reasonably generous. It has a very slick neat look about it. would recommend the brand and oven to others.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Scratched and damaged oven sold as new inside enamel sctrached SMEG didn’t want to replace!!! Beware

Have not used this oven hoping for a replacement or of to Fair Trading. The SMEG ladies are abrupt and appear not to give a hoot about the customer. The Smeg representive I spoke with was doing her best to make sure I didn’t receive a replacement oven. I am really disappointed in the customer service or lack of it smeg provide. Furthermore, I now question the quality of the product surely these obvious scratches and dents inside the oven should have been picked up by their inspection process prior to it being shipped off from the factory. Apparently based in Italy. Harvey Norman who I purchased the oven from have been excellent so far and I hope they can provide a new replacement oven.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Sparkymark
Sparkymark
kittyq

kittyqAU

Stylish, functional an reliable oven

Super oven that we use far more frequently than our previous (Westinghouse) one. Heats up quickly, cooks evenly and has great functions. Highly recommended addition for any kitchen. Yes, it is in the upper price range but you get what you pay for and I expect it will last for years.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sleek looking oven

Loving this oven. Oven beeps when it's heated to required temperature. Has several different features for cooking. Has a grill and oven option at the same time also can be set to eco friendly heating. Has a timer setting. Easy to use, Easy to clean. It has a pyrolitic option so it's extremely easy to keep clean.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

GermaineWoodend

Exploding inner glass during pyrolytic clean

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Germaine

I look forward to your speedy reply.

AnnhAU

Fan died on Feb 2017 .am disgusted need working oven . Paid a lit of money for this oven .now feel n

Very happy with performance .
Not happy with its staying power , did not last too long .expected it to performe for longer .
For the price I payed I expected it to last longer
Have not got price for repairs yet but am waiting for mechanic to come to estimate cost

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Annh

Thank you for your promp reply , I I will be in touch tomorrow ?

Annh

Have contacted local Rep. Waiting for him to ring me , will keep you updated .

Mandy

Mandyasked

Had our oven for just over 12 month and was cooking a roast and the oven kept tripping the main circuit breaker . Any idea what could be wrong
Thanks Mandy

Fred

our oven would not shut off and had to manually trip it at power box. we have had a constant flow of problems with this machine and are awaiting a reply from SMEG. they tried switching out circuit boards but not compatiable with this heap. our machine was brand new and we kept a log of everytime it stuffed up. 14 times in 3 months. thank christ we have a backup cooking system. what a waste of money.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Mandy and Fred, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, contact details and also if you can advise who serviced your appliance Fred. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Cherie W.

Cherie W.asked

How do you permanently turn off the child lock which we accidentally activated. It seems we can turn it off but not for more than a minute and then it's back on again.

Rodney M.Smeg

Hi Cherie W.,
Thanks for your enquiry. Go to the settings menu and select the control lock and turn it off. Please refer to your instruction manual for further information.
Hope this helps
Regards

Norma Prior

Norma Priorasked

Howdoes control knob work on dospa6395x oven mine does not respond Norma

Hi Norma
The control knob works by pushing in then releasing it then turn to the right or left. If this does not work please call Smeg service on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives