Smeg DOSPA6395X

Smeg DOSPA6395X

MPN: 35982604

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Product is used:
    • Daily (2)
    • Several times a week (1)
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Daniel R.

Daniel R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Oven glass exploded when in cleaning mode

After 11 weeks with our new kitchen, we decided to use the pyrolytic clean while hosting a dinner party. Shortly after sitting down the oven exploded like a gunshot! Glass exploded and shot out across our house, over our guests and food! We were (and still are) in so much shock. There is no way I can recommend this product to anyone.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Safety
Product is used: Several times a week

IsabelSydney, NSW

Not great, regretting the buy!

So disappointed. We had our new smeg oven installed in our new kitchen. We used it for the first time tonight. Terrible experience. After 1 1/2 hours it stopped working and the display screen is blank. Cannot turn it on. Only the light will work. Really!!! I haven’t contacted smeg yet as it just happened. I googled trouble shooting as there really isn’t anything in the manual. I came across this website. Wish I read these reviews before I purchased it. Fingers crossed it gets sorted quickly.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used: Daily
Charles

CharlesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great oven ... shame about the cash back promise!

A great oven and we're very happy with the appliance. It took a while to learn the controls but the results have been great and better than we expected. Sadly the offer of a cashback that has failed to materialise was a disappointment.

Purchased in June 2019.

Product is used: Daily
Concerned

ConcernedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It’s a lemon!

Purchased in December 2018 at e&s.

jezza

jezza

Above average.

May need a electronics degree to operate but will get used to it. Its a good one. cooks quick and reasonably even.
The design is great. not too many knobs to confuse whats already there. The size off the cooking space is reasonably generous. It has a very slick neat look about it. would recommend the brand and oven to others.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Scratched and damaged oven sold as new inside enamel sctrached SMEG didn’t want to replace!!! Beware

Have not used this oven hoping for a replacement or of to Fair Trading. The SMEG ladies are abrupt and appear not to give a hoot about the customer. The Smeg representive I spoke with was doing her best to make sure I didn’t receive a replacement oven. I am really disappointed in the customer service or lack of it smeg provide. Furthermore, I now question the quality of the product surely these obvious scratches and dents inside the oven should have been picked up by their inspection process prior to it being shipped off from the factory. Apparently based in Italy. Harvey Norman who I purchased the oven from have been excellent so far and I hope they can provide a new replacement oven.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Sparkymark
Sparkymark

kittyq

kittyqAU

Stylish, functional an reliable oven

Super oven that we use far more frequently than our previous (Westinghouse) one. Heats up quickly, cooks evenly and has great functions. Highly recommended addition for any kitchen. Yes, it is in the upper price range but you get what you pay for and I expect it will last for years.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Anna

Anna

Sleek looking oven

Loving this oven. Oven beeps when it's heated to required temperature. Has several different features for cooking. Has a grill and oven option at the same time also can be set to eco friendly heating. Has a timer setting. Easy to use, Easy to clean. It has a pyrolitic option so it's extremely easy to keep clean.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

GermaineWoodend

Exploding inner glass during pyrolytic clean

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Germaine

I look forward to your speedy reply.

AnnhAU

Fan died on Feb 2017 .am disgusted need working oven . Paid a lit of money for this oven .now feel n

Very happy with performance .
Not happy with its staying power , did not last too long .expected it to performe for longer .
For the price I payed I expected it to last longer
Have not got price for repairs yet but am waiting for mechanic to come to estimate cost

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Annh

Thank you for your promp reply , I I will be in touch tomorrow ?

Annh

Have contacted local Rep. Waiting for him to ring me , will keep you updated .

Tim8Debasked

How do we override the door locking when this oven is cooking or cooling. Cant seem to do anything when it is locked. Is there a way around this . We have been studying the product manual and cant find it anywhere.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Tim8Deb, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details as the appliance should not lock whist cooking. Once I have this information I will be in a position to arrange a service call to have the problem fixed. Regards, Steve Cullen

Thanks Steve. I've emailed you. Deb

Kevin E

Kevin Easked

The light in the auxiliary oven does not turn on. It never has. What turns it on? Do we just need a new globe in a new oven?

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear Kevin E,
You will need to change the light globe.
Regards

Phryne

Phryneasked

Hi, How do you use timer to let you know when food is cooked? How do you turn the top oven off? Thanks for your help.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Phryne. Thanks for your enquiry. We would love to assist you with this over the telephone - can you please call us direct and we can help you - our phone number is 02 8667 4888. Also, we can discuss with you ( dependant on your location ) where you can attend our cooking classes. Kind Regards SMEG AUSTRALIA

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Download manual