Smeg SA611XA-1

MPN: 35903514

9 questions from our users

Wayne

Wayneasked

Our SA611XC-1 cooktop which is 3 years old has stopped working. Will not turn on. Does not respond to any touch controls. Was Ok previous night but next day it would not turn on. Checked outside fuse box and that is OK.

I strongly suggest you speak to the Smeg Customer Service people. I have found them extremely helpful in the past. You will see a contact name with other Smeg product reviews - the gentleman's name is Steve.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Wayne. Have you contacted us to discuss this matter? We would love to have the opportunity to assist you with this problem, please email us direct with your full name, address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you to discuss. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Andrew

Wayne, a shame you trusted in a name brand and it's let you down. My elderly parents had one installed as part of a new house package. They refused to use it due to the format of touch buttons on a red hot cooktop. So I bought them a Westinghouse with dial controls and had that installed. The SMEG is still in the original box. Your welcome to it if you pay for freight or want to pick it up in Brisbane.
No warranty though . :)

Neil

Neilasked

I have a three year old SA911XA-1 Ceramic and one of the hotplates has stopped working. Controls are working just no heat, does not come on. How can I reset or is there a fuse. Anything I can do. Or is something needing to be replaces.

Have you been in touch with the company ? I have found them to be very helpful. If you look at some of the reviews you might find the name of the gentleman.

DebDowner

DebDownerasked

I purchased a Smeg ceramic cooktop and after only using it only twice, to cook porridge, I noticed a massive chip in the enamel. I was so careful with it that I cannot imagine anything other than an inadvertent knock by the saucepan or when i was cleaning it caused this. However I don't remember exerting any force to cause such a massive mark. I think the ceramic is just way too easily chipped because it's cheaply made. It should not be so delicate as I had a previous ceramic cooktop which looked new for 10 years. In very disappointed and I don't know a way to fix it.

Andrew

Hi Deb , like my parents and the rest of the unfortunate people who've bought this name brand expecting quality, you've bought a dud, rubbish dumped on the australian market . Expect the SMEG agent to be in touch shortly. He reads these.
I suggest buying a Westinghouse WHC642BA. Pretty sure its what i got the folks. Fantastic cooktop. 5 star rating , SMEG gets 1.5 stars, the .5 is for being a "name brand". :)
I just responded here as product review asked me to so...
There it is , SMEG, now a rubbish name brand.

I bought my new Smeg as the home has that brand appliances and their customer service was great. I do, however, also feel the ceramic is not as good as others I have had in former properties. It seems to be 'fragile' and unfortunately does scratch, no matter what care is taken.

Lesley R.Smeg

Dear Deb, can you kindly contact us direct to discuss this matter we would love to assist you as we do with all of our Smeg Customers who not only post on Product Review but other platforms as well. Can you email us direct on service@smeg.com.au - please provide us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number - we await your response. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Jonasked

Hi does this model crack and stain easily I have a long crack across mine with staining and I’m just a tenant. My Real Estate agent is blaming me for it was just wondering if anyone has had the same issue with this particular stove. Smeg is a good brand I don’t deny it but just wondering If im solely to blame

Hi Jon - no, I have not had nay issue with cracking so I think perhaps it is lack of care by you a perhaps a previous tenant. Did you not see and report this crack when you first moved in ? Do you know how/when the crack appeared ?

Jon

Hi no I didn’t notice the crack until last week when I was cooking and saw that it had crack through and then I traced it and saw it at the corner a small tiny chip. Been using it for close to 2 years now. Staining was obvious delevoping over time. Been reading the manual online and things like surface of cooking ware and etc can damage the surface.. clearly I was not given a manual when I started renting and taking over so no precaution was given. Was just taught how to turn it on and off.

Richy P

Richy Pasked

Hi,

My smeg cook top SA312XA is showing an error CA L when I turn it on and it won't let me use it. I've tried resetting it, cleaning the surface thoroughly and read the manual countless times.

How do I either reset or clear this error and use the cooktop again? Please help.

Lesley R.Smeg

Thank you for your enquiry. It could possibly be a PCB error, can you please email us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number - our email is: service@smeg.com.au once we have this information we will then be in direct contact to discuss this matter. Kind Regards SMEG AUSTRALIA

Suzie not happy

Suzie not happyasked

Absolutely furious.
My new SA611XA Smeg ceramic cooktop is showing a visible and disfiguring ring after its very first use. Useless. How can this product be considered fit for purpose if it has disfigured after first use? I notice that my complaint is not an isolated case. Please advise as a matter of urgency.

Steve C.Smeg

Hi Suzie,
This discolouring ring is generally caused to food/oil residue on the bottom of the pots. As the pots heats, so to does the residue, leaving the marks.
We suggest using a product called cerapol and a razor blade scraper to remove the marks and make sure the base of the pots/pans are clean.

Regards,
Smeg Tech Support.

Julia Caldwell

Julia Caldwellasked

What is the difference between the SA611XA SA611XA-1 and SA611XC models?

stick

hi Julia, i had a look online and i can't seems to find any difference. i think when i look at it when i first bought it one of the model had knobs rather than the touch screen. maybe thats the difference. the online information also states the SA611XA-A is commercial but it looks the same to me. perhaps the internals are made to a higher standard to withstand commercial use. to be honest the unit i bought to this day haven't given any issues. will happily buy another one.

Steve C.Smeg

Hi Julia, thank you for taking the time to ask your question. In order for me to best assist you directly with your enquiry please contact me on (02) 8667 4855 or alternatively you can reach me on kylie.bowmaker@smeg.com.au. Look forward to hearing from you.

The Dekor8orasked

Do you still have your Smeg cooktop? I am considering buying one and would love to know how it's held up. Did you used any special cleaning or seling products? Thanks.

stick

Yes i still have the Smeg cooktop, still works !
great design with no knob control so cleaning is very easy, very quick heat up. looks great
no need with special cleaning product, they are overated, wife just use warm/hot soapy water to take off any oil/grease splatter etc, than wipe over with dry clean cloth ( and windex if you want to ) so theres no streaks, don't use that Jiff thing with rough paste, it'll scratch it
if " food stuff " is stuck to the glass top, the cooktop came with a flat knife scraper, use that with hot/warm soapy water

That's great. Thanks for answering. :-D

Monica
Monica

I am considering buying one of these and want to know how it compares to gas cooking? does it take longer to boil a pot of water than gas or is it quicker?

kakimaru

kakimaruasked

Hi, is 1800W good enough for cooking which require high heat such as Wok ? I have SA611 which has max 2400W range and thinking of replacing it with this model since I sometimes have problem with knobs sitting on the way when I cook..

stick

i can't answer that as i haven't use a wog on it, sorry,
i think you should ring Smeg and ask them the questions

backslap
backslap

I have cooked in woks for years on old-school "coil" elements from the seventies on without any great probs.

Using the SA661X version I can say that almost any zone/element, but especially the big dual zone element, easily gets much hotter than all those!

This unit is installed where the user does not do wok cooking and I have not tried it personally on this unit but it certainly seems to easily get way hot enough - but if I was doing a lot of bashing and tossing with a wok I would consider alternatives to ceramic tops - even the best will shatter!

I would also add that wok cooking with just the small flat bottom of a wok contacting a small flat surface is not really using the wok in an ideal manner - sometimes the heating of the sides of the wok more important than direct heat on the wok's bottom. There are gas and induction units that would do "real" wok cooking better even though the elements/zones on this unit will get hot enough!

See also suggestion by "stick on Jun 7, 2013".

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives