Smeg SAI64

Smeg SAI64

MPN: 35902531

Error 6 Fault

Purchased this unit in jan 2016 and worked well until error 6 pops up and now needs a technician to come out. I would not expect this from this brand after 3 years of use. Power for whole apartment was turned off when this happened.

Purchased in January 2016 at Smeg for $2,500.00.

Perfect until now

Purchased this unit in December 2015 for installation in a newly renovated home completed in March 2016. It has worked flawlessly, then suddenly today it has stopped working, with a flashing “E”. Interestingly enough this is not long after expiry of the 2 year manufacturers warranty.
This is a fairly expensive item which one would expect to function properly for a little longer than 28 months.
Have contacted SMEG to see where we go from here.
Also had issues with their microwave (noisy with faulty micro switch).
I trust this is not an indication of the deteriorating quality of this make, which in the past has been known to be one of the best.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

its okay

The cook top looks good, but it seems to be delicate. It scratches if you use touch material to clean the top. Never used this product before but it was highly recommended by my friends. So far it heats reasonably quick, but need to use with great attention to avoid damage of the product which makes it inconvenient sometimes.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Corner chipped after one month use

Love the sleek design of this cooktop. Heats up fast and makes cooking a pleasure. Noticed small chip at corner of cooktop while cleaning after one month of installation. Have used smeg before and no problems like this? Is the glass toughened? Very upset. Have photos. Thought this would last for years as previous products had.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Dear Monty3, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Just ordered one from Harvey Norman. Hope it will be Ok. :)
Tom, thanks for your enquiry/ review. We are confident that you will be happy with your purchase, if by any chance you have any further enquires please do not hesitate to contact us direct as we would love to assist you should the need arise we are available by telephone on 02 8667 4888 or via email enquiries@smeg.com.au kind regards Smeg AustraliaHi Tom I think that will be something that you need to decide for yourself.

SAI64 induction cooktop 5 months since installation, have just recently noticed small crazing marks in the black ceramic surface. This appears to be spontaneously occurring and is not due to anything heavy being placed on the cooktop or dropping of pots etc..This issue thus far is only limited to one of the hotplate areas. Have followed the products advice on care and have always used appropriate cookware ( new saucepans ). Assistance/further information with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Jenny.
Your product will still be covered under the statutory 12 month warranty period. Contact SMEG.

Can anyone tell me what code E 6 means on these cooktops?
Yep! There is a communication error between the main board and the heating element. That is definitely a replacement part issue, or better still a replacement of the whole unit, to be more efficient / effective. Contact Smeg AustraliaHi there Breno and thanks for your enquiry. The error Code E6 means that there is an electronic problem. May we suggest you turn the hob off and unplug it for a few minutes and then turn it back on. If the error still persists, please call us to arrange service. Our Number is: 02 8667 4833 or you can email us direct: service@smeg.com.au Thank you. SMEG AUSTRALIA.

SAI64