Disappointing from an expected high quality brand
Bought the kettle in July 2018. Over the last two months started to notice the kettle will chime to say boiled to 100 degrees but when you go to pour the water it's luke warm at best. Very disappointed after splashing out $250 on what I thought was a kettle that would last years. Nothing worse than sitting down to a cold cup of tea, my $50 Westinghouse kettle prior to this lasted longer. Hopefully Smeg reach out because this is very disappointing and appears I'm not the only one with a below average experience with these kettles.
Such a waste of money!!!
Such a waste of money!!!bought about a year ago and kettle boils water to 100 degree and doesnt stop,even unpluging doesnt help and it continues boiling!!!. The lid doesnt open easily,buttons dont work properly,huggggge waste of money,I absolutely regret buying it
Purchased in September 2018.
Excellent Customer Service from Smeg service team
I absolutely love my kettle, its stylish, quiet and quick. When my first kettle had a malfunction, the Smeg service team were exceptional and replaced my faulty kettle extremely fast and responded to my correspondence within hours.
Fails in the first week
We just upgraded our old Smeg kettle and toaster as both became faulty after 2 5 yrs use.
The new temperature control isnt working after 1 week. It is set to 100 and stops at 70. It takes me 3 goes to get it to boil. Not impressed. I think it will be going back!
Purchased in May 2019.
Great kettle! Fab design.
Great kettle with various temperature settings for different types of tea and drinks. We got this in white. It looks nice and fresh, love it! Love the retro 50s style. No issues with this kettle at all. We got the kettle from Bing Lee during a sale for $192. Great price for this model. My only criticism would be that it doesnt need the musical noises when you set the temperature and switch it on to boil, and when its boiled. We find these musical noises to be annoying. I recommend this kettle!
- 50's Retro Style KLF04WHAU (White)
- Verified purchase
SMEG Kettle KL404 Faulty within weeks
I bought the Smeg Kettle KLF04 in white along with the matching toaster in June 2018. Within a matter of weeks the kettle stopped making a noise when it finishes boiling and the lid often sticks and has to be manually opened. This is a $200 kettle so I am very disappointed with the faults so early on. Although they look great, they don’t seem to be worth the money. Really disappointed.
- 50's Retro Style KLF04PGAU (Pastel Green)
- Verified purchase
I bought the updated model of the Smeg kettle. After reading the unfavourable reviews of the KLF01 I contacted Smeg who advised that the issues with the earlier model had been resolved.
So far I am very happy. The lid opens and closes without any issue and the SMEG decal seems to be incorporated into the body of the kettle.
One small issue is that the chime/tune the kettle plays has randomly stopped on a few occasions. I think I muted it in error the first time by pressing and holding the temperature hold button towards the back of the kett...
A perfect long term investment
Best value for money. Practical with the cord able to wrap around the bottom of the kettle, boils water quickly and to the temp required for your beverage. User friendly with a melody sound to notify you that the kettle is on and about to boil your water. This kettle is everything you ever wanted in a kettle and more. You get what you pay for.
Questions & Answers
Very happy with our new KL F04WHAU kettle but find that the chimes are a bit annoying.
Can you advise how to disengage this function?
Thank you for your enquiry. You will find how to disengage the chimes in the instruction manual.
I have just purchased this kettle when i set it to boil at 100 it comes to boil the re boils and re boils again before making tune to end, is this correct please as seems odd. thank you rachel
- 50s Retro Style Kettle - Cream
- Smeg KLF04PBAU 50s Retro Style Electric Kettle Pastel Blue
- Smeg KLF04RDAU 50s Retro Style Electric Kettle Red
- Smeg KLF04PGAU 50s Retro Style Electric Kettle Pastel Green
- Smeg KLF04WHAU 50s Retro Style Electric Kettle White
- Smeg - KLF04BLAU - Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Black
- Smeg - KLF04CRAU - Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Cream
- Smeg - KLF04PBAU - Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Pastel Blue
- Smeg - KLF04WHAU - Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - White
- Smeg - KLF04PGAU - Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Pastel Green
- Smeg - KLF04RDAU - Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Red
- Smeg - KLF04SSAU - Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Stainless steel
- Smeg - KLF04PKAU - Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Pink
- Smeg KLF04BLAU 50s Retro Style Electric Kettle Black
- Smeg KLF04SSAU 50s Retro Style Electric Kettle Stainless Steel
- Smeg KLF04PKAU 50s Retro Style Electric Kettle Pink
- Smeg KLF04CRAU 50s Retro Style Electric Kettle Cream
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.