Fails in the first week

We just upgraded our old Smeg kettle and toaster as both became faulty after 2 5 yrs use.
The new temperature control isnt working after 1 week. It is set to 100 and stops at 70. It takes me 3 goes to get it to boil. Not impressed. I think it will be going back!

Purchased in May 2019.

Noise Level

Great kettle! Fab design.

Great kettle with various temperature settings for different types of tea and drinks. We got this in white. It looks nice and fresh, love it! Love the retro 50s style. No issues with this kettle at all. We got the kettle from Bing Lee during a sale for $192. Great price for this model. My only criticism would be that it doesn’t need the musical noises when you set the temperature and switch it on to boil, and when it’s boiled. We find these musical noises to be annoying. Recommend!

Purchased in March 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $192.00.

Noise Level
Hi Nicki thanks for your review! It’s lovely to read such nice feedback. If you email me direct I can explain to you how you can use the “mute” function on your kettle - my email address is: lesley.ryder@smeg.com.au- I await your email kind regards Lesley

SMEG Kettle KL404 Faulty within weeks

I bought the Smeg Kettle KLF04 in white along with the matching toaster in June 2018. Within a matter of weeks the kettle stopped making a noise when it finishes boiling and the lid often sticks and has to be manually opened. This is a $200 kettle so I am very disappointed with the faults so early on. Although they look great, they don’t seem to be worth the money. Really disappointed.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Dear Shona, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Very Happy

I bought the updated model of the Smeg kettle. After reading the unfavourable reviews of the KLF01 I contacted Smeg who advised that the issues with the earlier model had been resolved.
So far I am very happy. The lid opens and closes without any issue and the SMEG decal seems to be incorporated into the body of the kettle.
One small issue is that the chime/tune the kettle plays has randomly stopped on a few occasions. I think I muted it in error the first time by pressing and holding the temperature hold button towards the back of the kettle for too long.
The last couple of times it’s happened I have simply unplugged the kettle and plugged it back in and it’s worked. You need to unplug it completely from the wall socket. If that doesn’t work, try playing with the mute function.
The base is quite flimsy. It’s plastic with a chrome coating but it does the job. You would expect a bit more from a manufacturer of quality products.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

A perfect long term investment

Best value for money. Practical with the cord able to wrap around the bottom of the kettle, boils water quickly and to the temp required for your beverage. User friendly with a melody sound to notify you that the kettle is on and about to boil your water. This kettle is everything you ever wanted in a kettle and more. You get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Sarah. Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you love your kettle ! Its great to hear when our Customers are happy with their purchase. If you ever need us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our Brisbane Office Direct: 07 3266 0444

I have just purchased this kettle when i set it to boil at 100 it comes to boil the re boils and re boils again before making tune to end, is this correct please as seems odd. thank you rachel
Rachel, this is normal. It is a feature of the kettle, designed to reduce noise when the kettle reaches boiling point. Hope this helps.Hi Rachel F yes this normal it is making sure that the temperature is correct. Regards Smeg tech supportSorry Rachel, looks like I was wrong.