Sony SRS-XB10

See the Best Portable Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jane Burgess

Jane BurgessWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Beware of Sony battery powered speakers

A few years back I purchased a Sony SRS X-55 speaker. No issues with sound quality or performance until the battery failed. Not only is the battery difficult to remove but it is impossible to find a replacement worldwide. Therefore you are forced to dump a perfectly good speaker for the sake of a $20 battery. Is this the way Sony intends to ensure future sales?

Purchased in March 2015 for $300.00.

KryssyFar North Queensland, QLD

Fantastic bass sound from this compact Bluetooth speaker

I fly frequently to Brisbane from Cairns to see family & especially my 2 grandchildren & also to house/pet sit
I had a Mokibass Bluetooth speaker which I’d take with me to connect to my iPhone for music & I thought had a reasonable sound for the price I paid of about $30
BUT I’ve just discovered & bought a Sonybass Bluetooth speaker which for $79 has a fantastic sound & bass for the price & is a compact size & I feel is almost though not quite as good as my Bose SoundLink which I bought awhile ago for home & cost $265 but is too heavy for flights
I still love the Bose but will be happy to travel with the Sony Speaker Glad I came across this little gem

Date PurchasedJan 2019

B KohGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Small and POWERFUL

I have been using this device for the past 2 months and it hasn't disappoint. I am NOT a Metallica fan and I certainly did not expect it to match Bose speaker sound quality. However, it has definitely exceeded my initial expectation of its sound producing capability, considering its size. I use it to play classical music, instrumental relaxation pieces, Canto pop, K pop etc. I hook it up to my PC and use it as a speaker. I bring it into the bathroom for bath time karaoke. I highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

This thing is crap

Not loud enough, battery does not last 16 hours from full charge it’s about 4.5 hours, distortion at low volume my $20 emote speaker is louder and clear for all the rave reviews I’ve seen maybe I got a broken one this thing is just too quiet. Pretty much every selling point is a lie I got this for battery life for work can’t even make a shift without charging wish I kept receipt waste of money

Date PurchasedSep 2018

David

DavidPerth, WA

Very pleasing all round

I picked up one of these in Bangkok airport just to use up my Thai currency, didn't expect much but when I got home and tried it out I was very surprised by how good they actually are! Found out that you can connect a second one for stereo so went and got another from Office Works (actually cheaper than the Thai one) and set them up for stereo without a hitch, sounds awesome. You can hang them or sit them upright or use the attached ring as a base to sit them facing you. I now wish I had got one/two of these before I bought a Bose unit as they sound better at a much lesser price. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

eski

eskiSydney

Great little speaker

Got this as a gift and a great gift!! Great sound from a small speaker, loud enough to leave downstairs and hear it clearly upstairs and play at parties. Easy to use and pair to any device. Long battery life, longest i have had it for 8 hours, charge via USB. Recommended.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Ben

BenMelbourne

Packs a punch!

This very small size sound speaker provides a well rounded sound. As far as battery life goes it does last a long while which makes it great for taking to the park or even just having in the bag. I have found the aux cable point to be quite useful as well although you will need to by an actual cable separately. The green color is just ok. The rubbery material provides grip while there is also the option of clipping the device to a bag or other travelling device. I bought this from JB Hifi at $59 and it was very good value.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

seanbadelaide

seanbadelaide

Easy Pairing, Great Sound

I bought this for about$50, so wasn't sure what to expect sound quality wise but was very pleasantly surprised. The extra bass sounds great and helps make up for the smallish size of the speaker and some music quite honestly sounds awesome.
Loud enough to pump music over our backyard pool party or across our kitchen and living room.
Pairing is really simple, have paired both with Android and iPhone without a hitch though the first time it did take a minute to be discoverable.
Happy purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Ange EGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good on its own - terrible when paired with a second speaker.

This is a good little speaker on its own but a complete let-down when paired with a second speaker. We bought two because of the pairing capability but they are constantly dropping out - even if they are sitting right next to each other and near the phone, tablet or computer you are using.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
HanNatNana

HanNatNana

Great little speaker, don't be fooled by the size though.....

Great sound from such a tiny speaker and very portable. Initially a few problems with a previous unit but once Sony stepped in all is OK now.

The exterior has a non-slip silicone coating and the carry strap/hanging strap is very useful. A good range of colours available to suit your style or decor. Battery life is really good, estimated at 16 hrs and easily charged via USB in the car, PC or wherever you have USB.

Easy to connect a longer lanyard to attach to backpack etc when travelling. Overall a great little speaker with even better sound.

Date PurchasedAug 2017