Sony XDR-C1DBP

MPN: XDRC1DBP

3.0

Stuart64

Stuart64Canberra

Excellent, but the display brightness . . .

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$125.00.

Helen C

Helen CCanberra 2600, ACT

Two Duds

First unit's display stopped working (no time/display at all, blank screen) just inside warranty, replaced by Sony. Replacement unit did the same a year or so later - fine, I'll soldier on just turning the radio on and off. And now it's stopped even playing radio. Sony + Digital? Choose another brand.

Purchased for A$136.00.

Homa

HomaSydney

I Cannot Wait To Take It Back!

Despite reading the instructions I have found that I cannot set the time. It’s to say the least a very complex process of pressing tiny buttons at the rear and I just couldn’t get it set!
Also setting the radio station via a minuscule window is another impossibly!
This device is a very big DUD!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Digital Radios

Find out how Sony XDR-C1DBP compares to other Digital Radios

NYC

NYCAustralia / New York City

Brilliant compact digital radio clock

This DAB radio was recently purchased as a replacement for another digital radio clock. It far surpasses what I had in terms of operation and quality of operation. Simple, easy to use, lovely little radio. Has an option to lower the brightness of the digital time display and to set five favourite radio stations on both DAB and FM. I was fortunate to purchase while it was on special - saving quite a bit which enabled me to purchase a better quality unit than previously purchased.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

Display problems

Intermittently the display screen turns very dim, and the toggle bar won't fix this. The only way to fix the problem is to turn the unit off at the wall plug switch and turn it on again. This has to be a design fault, but for $147 it's a bit surprising Sony has not met its quality control standards before releasing this unit.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
smurfergirl

smurfergirlVictoria, 3977

This is a very expensive piece of junk!

Date PurchasedAug 2016
LJJ

LJJGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Everything you need in a clock radio

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Nothappyjan777

Nothappyjan777asked

Why doesn’t daylight saving automatically activate or do I need to change clock to manual?

Cliff E.

Cliff E.asked

Hi, I have an ICF-C1 and the alarm doesn't always work. Same time setting, just move the switch to Buzz. Hope you can help.

Helen M.

Helen M.asked

Cannot get the display to work whatever I try( from answers below) . I have no need for a mirror of myself just want to see the time and what station I am listening to etc . Advice gratefully received . HM