Sony XDR-C1DBP

Sony XDR-C1DBP

MPN: XDRC1DBP

See the Best Digital Radios in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Helen C

Helen CCanberra 2600, ACT

Two Duds

First unit's display stopped working (no time/display at all, blank screen) just inside warranty, replaced by Sony. Replacement unit did the same a year or so later - fine, I'll soldier on just turning the radio on and off. And now it's stopped even playing radio. Sony + Digital? Choose another brand.

Purchased for $136.00.

Homa

HomaSydney

I Cannot Wait To Take It Back!

Despite reading the instructions I have found that I cannot set the time. It’s to say the least a very complex process of pressing tiny buttons at the rear and I just couldn’t get it set!
Also setting the radio station via a minuscule window is another impossibly!
This device is a very big DUD!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
NYC

NYCAustralia / New York City

Brilliant compact digital radio clock

This DAB radio was recently purchased as a replacement for another digital radio clock. It far surpasses what I had in terms of operation and quality of operation. Simple, easy to use, lovely little radio. Has an option to lower the brightness of the digital time display and to set five favourite radio stations on both DAB and FM. I was fortunate to purchase while it was on special - saving quite a bit which enabled me to purchase a better quality unit than previously purchased.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

DaveSydney, NSW

Display problems

Intermittently the display screen turns very dim, and the toggle bar won't fix this. The only way to fix the problem is to turn the unit off at the wall plug switch and turn it on again. This has to be a design fault, but for $147 it's a bit surprising Sony has not met its quality control standards before releasing this unit.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

smurfergirl

smurfergirlVictoria, 3977

This is a very expensive piece of junk!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

LJJ

LJJGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Everything you need in a clock radio

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Cathy

Cathyasked

The time display screen has gone blank.
How do I correct this? It's only use atm is manual radio on.off which is useless to me. Is this common problem and is it the end of the devices life.

Jacqui M.

Jacqui M.asked

Clock radio is not displaying the time or radio station. The screen is blank and will not adjust using the snooze button. How can this be rectified?

Dave

Toggle the snooze bar through the brightness cycle (which includes the display being off)

MJR

MJRasked

When I use my presets, the radio automatically scans through the stations and I can't stop it. It beeps every time it completes a full search and I can't listen to it. Is this a common issue and can I reset the settings?

Get an answer from our members and Sony representatives