Sony XDR-S41D

Sony XDR-S41D

3.8

Works as specified

Works great as a nearby radio, but best is that for us older insomniacs it sits on pillow and pre-sets are easy to access. Call it the "Philip Adams" of radios

Tony Woods

Tony WoodsAU

Great Radio

After having a useless Digital radio I thought I'd have another crack. This radio is fantastic. It picks up all digital channels and they sound good through the decent sized speakers.

The menu is easy to use and navigate through.Presets are easy to set up.
The construction is typical Sony Quality. It runs on batteries or 240v mains power.

The only issue would be a few more presets to program.

Alphabeta

AlphabetaPerth, WA

The Most Annoying Radio I've Ever Owned

The radio is much last the previous model EXCEPT for the volume control. The control dial is difficult and cumbersome - it is set in to the radio and is hard to move and goes through many stages of volume and displays every conceivable stage. There is nothing quick about it. Also, if you want to adjust it during the night, a light comes on and annoying stays on for some time. This happens EVERY time you adjust the volume. The preset stations are difficult to preset. I still haven't worked out how to do it and the instructions are vague. I hate this radio.

Digital Radios

Find out how Sony XDR-S41D compares to other Digital Radios

BreezeSydney

Love this new white radio from Sony - it also comes in black

Lee Casked

can I get Digital for Dubbo NSW?

Breeze

No. Not that I’m aware of. Only capital cities in Australia have digital radio stations. However, I still love this radio for its design and push button functionality. I’m in a regional area in NSW and it works really well on FM. When I visit Sydney I take it will me and swap to the digital stations. Digital is much better quality. It’s a pity they haven’t rolled out the technology for rural and regional areas yet.

Thanks for that, so I will still keep the Sony on my list. Cheers

Born to shop
Born to shop

People can buy from 'Jaycars' (Australian owned Company), in shop or Online. 2 Little Speakers for only $10. They fit under the pillow Or in the pillow cover...volume is controlled via the Radio. They plug into the headphone jack on the radio. They are brilliant & they really work! My Sister in Law has been using them for years....she has Tinnitis & Insomnia.