MPNs: SP-1005G, SP-1005P, SP-1005T and SP1000-SP

• Battery Life

Perfect for Peace of Mind

I brought my son this watch 2nd hand. It is great to know he can contact his parents when his bus hasn't arrived or is late. I can track where he is and that he has arrived home safely. This watch has brought peace of mind to us as parents.

Purchased in June 2021.

Tania
TaniaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Peace of mind

Love the watch, it’s real peace of mind to know that I can reach my son and he can reach me. My only criticism is the battery life, doesn’t last even 24 hours. So need to be mindful that it’s fully charged first thing in the morning.

Purchased in March 2021.

JordanaSydney, NSW

DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH!!!

I purchased 2 watches for my children, obviously as a safety device which is what it is marketed for and the only purpose of the watch. It doesn't work, I cant call my children, I cant track my children and more importantly they cant call me! I sent it back under warranty, they said one was faulty and one wasnt. Sent them both back apparently tested and working. Still not working, these sims work in other devices and they have just told me that I should contact my service provider as the watches worked when they tested it. Disgusting, to be selling this as a child safety device and then not honoring their marketing! Im horrified at the service. Your better off spending a bit more and buying an Apple watch.

Purchased in February 2021 at https://www.spacetalkwatch.com/ for $250.00.

JustACrochet M.
JustACrochet M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very expensive for doing nothing

Ok so seemed cool when it arrived but now that $245 was charged, they want a further $6 per month. It’s charge doesn’t even last til 7pm bed time. When credit is gone the watch has a huge banner stating NO CONNECTION. Like it says not even sos works!! Pretty pointless! The 3G is pretty bad to!
I just tried to do location as he is on camp and wanted to try it out. Nope won’t locate!! So what is all that doe for???!!! No clue but won’t buy again!

Purchased in April 2021.

Do not buy this watch

Broke after 2/12 months (back panel cracked) spacetalk fixed the watch by replacing the panel but not the issue and then it broke in the same way 3 weeks later.

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys for $288.00.

Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women
Michael W
Michael WPerth, WA

Warranty not honoured

The company won't honour their own warranty of being splash proof! Any water inside they just say he must have swam with it or similar. Totally worthless warranty, hope they get what they deserve

LINDA M
LINDA MSydney, NSW

Great features. Battery life sux

My kids like using it. They love using the emojis.
Can't get much more than 6-8hrs life from it, despite following all Spacetalk's suggestions. I'm concerned if something did happen to them that the battery won't see them through. Have to pay a mthly App fee, additional to mobile plan. Not waterproof which is a negative with kids who love water

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

SpacetalkSpacetalk

Poor quality, worst warranty experience

I bought the watch for my 6 yrs old kid in Sep 2020, after 4months I noticed battery died within 3 hours when fully charged. I sent the watch back for repair. It is still within warranty. Then they said there is liquid in the watch, the main board is damaged ( even the watch was still working with battery on?) , can't repair it under warranty and offered me a refurbished watch for $150!!!! The watch is advised to be splash proof, my kid never swim with the watch on.

Purchased in September 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.00.

Hian Chu
Hian ChuSydney, NSW

Fragile, low battery life

I am not bother about hidden costs. For me, bigger issue is on the quality of product. The watch started to tear apart in 1 year 3-4 months. Bought from Officeworks with ext. warranty and they suggesting it is a damage.

Will stay away from Spacetalk and will get something more reliable in long run.

Rubber tearing apart shall not considered as damage

Purchased at Officeworks for $350.00.

Haley C.
Haley C.

Weak batteries are common.

Batteries last a maximum of 12 hours (we've tried three watches) the website states 48hrs. We ran into pairing issues with two watches taking months to figure out not knowing if it was the watch the network or the app. After three locations and more visits with a lot of wasted time effort and resource the watched are finally in frequent use. Not worth the money and the 0800 customer services line wasn't helpful.

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.00.

Worried Mum
Worried MumVictoria

Peace of mind

The watch gives me peace of mind that my 12yr autistic son is where he's meant to be and that he can contact me if he's having trouble.
The watch is chunky and needs charging daily. It is expensive for what it does - compared to other smart watches on the market. However we bought it for its lack of abilities so I guess it's fit-for-purpose.

Purchased in March 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $349.00.

Hey there,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for your son's Spacetalk watch, it is most appreciated!
If there's anything we can help with please feel free to contact us on 1300 087 423 or email us at support@spacetalkwatch.com
-Jack

Louise Storey
Louise StoreySydney, NSW

Waste of money

Very expensive for a child, requires Sim and app purchase too. Wouldn’t waste my money. School complained too even though school mode was on. Regret buying! Sold on eBay after 3 months. Battery life not good.

Purchased in January 2021 for $349.00.

NileshSydney, NSW

SPACETALK KIDS Watches - Absolute rip-off

jano
janoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It's great and well made

I love this watch. My child has had it a few weeks now and I'm very glad. It's given us more freedom and leave of kind. It always works, very reliable, good quality calls.. I can't praise it enough. And Australian designed. When you understand more about the tech/programming side of things you can justify the monthly subscription. It takes work to do this well as this team have done. Customer service was excellent too, she directed me to a suitable phone company for the SIM.
Thanks spacetalk team for all the great work you have done.

Purchased in February 2021 for $249.00.

Michael W.South East Queensland, QLD

Hidden costs

Pay a subscription for app and then need a SIM.
Not stated anywhere when buying.
Chunky and rubbish. Can resell it.
Sad for my kids as now I have to pay ongoing costs. Gave him my old samsung.
Don't buy!!

Purchased in January 2021 at Jbhif for $200.00.

Michael W.

You can't unsubscribe. Your a scam!

Deannaasked

Is there a way to monitor the child’s texts (incoming and outgoing) on the watch/app? I can see a limited number of incoming texts only.

Hi Deanna,

Currently you're only able to see your own messages with the child using the watch on your app. If you'd like to view their other messages, that would need to be done through the watch itself.
However, I will pass this on to our development team as consideration for future improvement.

Thanks Jasmin!

Georgie
Georgieasked

Hi there
Can you please recommend an alternate watch band for Spacetalk, the one on the watch is too big and too difficult for my daughter to put on. Do Apple or a different brand fit?
Georgie

Jordana

Hi Georgie Apple do a cheaper SE cellular model that you can set up via family sharing using Truphone to connect if you don’t have an iPhone to pair with!

Hi Georgie,

Unfortunately we only have one type of band currently available for the Spacetalk Adventurer. I will however pass this on to our development team as something we can improve for the future.

Iman A.
Iman A.asked

How long does the space talk last until you need a new one

Hi Iman,

The life time of the watch depends on how it's used and treated.
We have many customers who are using watches that are 3+ years old.

The watches are also covered under a 12 month warranty!

Jordana

Hi Iman, my watches don’t actually work, they are unable to text or call or track most of the time. However I haven’t been refunded so I would recommend another brand!

Get an answer from our members and Spacetalk representatives

CategorySmart Watches / Fitness Trackers