ADG3TR, ADE3TR

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

SusieCentral West, NSW

Best Dryer Ever

I love this dryer, it is large dryer and takes full load from washing machine, has lots of options for drying levels. Very quick too. Does use a fair amount of power, but I had tried the new type of dryer's re heat pump and was not happy, they left clothes feeling damp. Is is the best.

Purchased in August 2020 at Betta Home Living for $2,295.00.

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Great machine - very happy

Most satisfied with the Speed Queen drying machine. The installation was very professional and done in a short time. Overall the Speed Queen we purchased is a great product. Most impressed.

Purchased in May 2020.

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the great review, we like to impress.

Sam

SamSydney

Sturdy

It’s still going strong after 10 plus years. It has huge capacity and dries nice and even. It’s gas operated and vents outdoor which we really like. It’s a significant initial cost but given its quality build, I believe it’s worth it. The downside is if the machine is broken, it can be quite costly to source parts and repair.

Date PurchasedOct 2005
Condenser Clothes Dryers

Find out how Speed Queen Rear Control compares to other Condenser Clothes Dryers

Vid

VidCanberra

Very quick and efficient

Don't go by its look. Even though its not attractive, It does a very good job in drying clothes. Has various setting to suit your needs and best of all, it can dry a load mostly less than 70-80 mins. However, just to note that lately there are a lot of lint trapped in the filter (so not sure if its the dryer or the age of clothes)? But overall, I found it very efficient compared to my previous dryer.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Love it! Dries my clothes perfectly.

I love my new tumble dryer. Dries my clothes perfectly on the automatic setting. No need to iron. Very pleased with this purchase. Speed Queen customer service is also excellent, answering all my questions before my purchase, and then following up after to make sure everything was ok with the delivery.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Review collected in partnership with Speed Queen

Greg

Gregasked

Rear Control

What does rear control mean in a speed queen dryer

Susie

My control is at the top back of machine, as you look at it, not in front, such when they are wall mounted in the controls are in the front. This model can not be wall mounted.

Susie

It's a great dryer. Love it.

Craige C.Speed Queen

Rear control means the the control panel is at the back of the machine to match our top load washer.

Tyler Miller

Tyler Millerasked

Rear Control ADE3TR

How many amps is the dryer

Jo Curtis

Pretty sure it's 20 amps.

Hi Tyler,
Rear control Speed Queen clothes dryers come in 3 heating options 10amp, 20amp & Gas.

belindaasked

Rear Control ADE3TR

Hi just wondering how long a load of 6 bath towels would roughly take add do sell with ducting kit as area i want to put this dryer in has no ventilation thanks

Hi Belinda
Probably 30-45 minutes - I have to admit I don't time the loads - I just put it in, set in on automatic, and leave it to do it's thing (which it does very well). I purchased a heavy duty ventilation kit separately from Bunnings. I wouldn't use a dryer of this size without ventilation - the room would become pretty damp (where I live anyway).

See all Speed Queen Rear Control questions

Get an answer from our members and Speed Queen representatives

Compare both Speed Queen Rear Control
CategoryCondenser Clothes DryersCondenser Clothes Dryers
Price (RRP) $2,295.00$1,811.00
Capacity9 kg9 kg
Energy Rating2 star(s)2 star(s)
FeaturesDelicates Setting and Lint FilterDelicates Setting and Lint Filter
Door Hinge Reversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and Right
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite
Dimensions 1092 x 683 x 711 mm1092 x 683 x 711 mm
Drying Programs 1818
Temperature Settings 33
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Compare both Speed Queen Rear Control