Spitwater Turbo 8-90 Boxjet

Spitwater Turbo 8-90 Boxjet

HenrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great machine for home use

I have had a Spitwater Turbo 8-90 for just over 10 years now. It has had a lots of use over those years, I use it all the time for cleaning around the house, cars and whatever needs a blast. It has been a great little reliable machine for me. Good after sales service if required.

Good Value Cleaner

My unit is now dead after 15 years of continuous service without maintenance of any kind - no servicing, oil changes (oops) etc. Will be purchasing a new one ASAP. And I'll maintain the next one better and may get more that 15 years out of it! Highly recommend this unit.

Shocking

lacks pressure and cleaning volume also the hose kinks all the time too cumbersome, and was told lt had 10ltrs pm and only has 8.3 should have at least 2000psi and 10ltrs big con clearly sold a dud rubbish like is what you expect from bunnings or a cheap karcher should have gone to a reputable outlet and bought a decent machine
    not good enough
    will not move the dirt off my motor bike

Electric Pressure Washers

Find out how Spitwater Turbo 8-90 Boxjet compares to other Electric Pressure Washers

Awesome little pressure cleaner!

I have had the boxjet now for about 20 years now! Excellent cleaning power for around the house and car. I would definitely get another one if mine breaks down!
    Reliable, sturdy, quality product

Vincent B

Vincent Basked

My 8.90 started smoking when I used it for about an hour ,Then is wouldn't stay on just turned itself off after a second ,itook it apart and can get it to run if I spin the flywheel by hand to help it start spinning ,any ideas?

Rjohn

Hi, I've not encountered that problem although I've had mine running for two to three hours some days. I dont know where you are, but we have a service agent in SA on Grand Junction Road. I'd take it to a service agent to get that issue sorted out.

Check oil level

Trentasked

My turbo is leaking oil. I am assuming it's a seal. Any ideas? Can I replace and if so can you give me a quick instruction

Rjohn

Hi Trent, sorry, I'm no expert in repairs. If you are in SA, Spitwater on Grand junction Road do repairs & sell parts so you can DYI. The only time I've needed a repair they did it on the spot. I don't know who the agents are in other states. Google "Quiky 10/100" & you'll find the agents in each state. Hope this helps.

Hi Trent

Mt Turbo is 15 years old and I have never had to have it repaired, touch wood.
    Take it to you local service agent.

Thanks Harry mine is also 15 years old, hope it's not an age thing

Ian

Ianasked

I can't get any pressure water just slowly flows from nossel turn up pressure water on full end of spray gun pumped forward and back nothing, any suggestions?

Rjohn

Sounds like a stuck bypass valve or blocked inlet filter. If you are in South Australia, Spitwater on Grand Junction Road will fix it in seconds. If you are not, either check that the pump is getting water thru the inlet filter or undo the nut below the pressure gauge and remove and clean/free up the valve inside. If that doesn't work, you may have to find a service centre.

1. make sure you have full mains pressure to the pump inlet
    2. make sure the pressure regulator valve is turned up to full, rotate knob fully clockwise
    3. make sure the spray nozzle on the end of the lance is in the out position . not pushed in position.
    If not successful, see a service agent!

Get an answer from our members and Spitwater representatives