Stihl HS 56 C / HS 56 C-E

Stihl HS 56 C / HS 56 C-E

HS 56 C, HS 56 C-E

2.0

Rubbish

Bought it a couple of years ago from a Stihl dealer. Problems after the first few uses. Air filter and carb got choked and blades become blunt very quickly.
Have had the carb off several times now to clean it after use. Would not recommend this to anyone, a total waste of money.

Purchased in June 2018 for A$500.00.

Terrible ! I can’t believe Stihl would market this product

The trimmers started running roughly after 5 or 6 uses. The problem seemed to be carboration, would not start took to dealer who replaced carb. Picked up afterwards ran well, but would not cut off( same as before) after 2 uses, SAME THING ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! Totally disappointed in stihl for doing this to consumers! I’m switching to echo.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Austin WatkinsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

poor starting mechanism.

Terrible machine, the pull cord mechanism continually breaks and is not covered under warranty, even though the machine has a four year warranty. Cuts great when it is going. Difficult to start with a very flimsy starting mechanism.My machine is not a year old and has already been back to the dealer twice for this fault and each time I have to be without it for several weeks.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Stihl HS 56 C / HS 56 C-E compares to other Hedge Trimmers

gardener george

gardener georgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lovely light weight hedge clipper

Recently purchased the stihl hedge clipper and have only clipped the hedges in one garden up to now, how ever really impressed, lightweight, cuts beautifully, controls are a delight, they replace my now 11 year old, tanaka hedge clippers, which I have handed down to my nephew in good Working order,
I have also purchased a can of lanolin spray, to use on the blades after each days use,
Good quality, light weight, easy to use and beautiful cut

Pete

Peteasked

HS 56 C / HS 56 C-E

I have a Stihl HS 56 C and from nearly day one it has run poorly,it is almost as if its not breathing properly as when it starts to run bad if you undo the fuel filler cap the engine picks up power again if not it just dies.
Any help would be great. Thanks Pete

Austin Watkinson

I have always had difficulty in starting my hedge cutter, I have found that as soon as it fires I switch the choke off. If I switch it off whist using , it is very difficult to restart. Once it’s started I keep it going all day even when refuelling. It’s a great cutter to use, but it’s very tempermental.

Gump
Gump

It's the carb. I returned mine after first two weeks as it just wouldn't go at all, got it back, dealer said carb was dirty and I should clean it more often. Apart from changing air filter I have never had to do that with any of my machines. Used it several more times, same thing kept happening. I gave the machine away in the end. Also found that it went blunt pretty quick, had to keep sharpening them. I got s Hyundai which i've had two years now and not a problem and it was less than half the price.

Compare both Stihl HS 56 C / HS 56 C-E