Stilford Electric Adjustable Desk

Stilford Electric Adjustable Desk

See the Best Desks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Stilford Electric Adjustable Desk? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.6
Andrew A.
Andrew A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Well Engineered Product, except for few details

Perfect - had it for months, long warranty

Other Desks

Rene
ReneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Versatile desk

Natalie C.asked

We’ve purchased a 3 leg Stillford s2 corner desk and cannot get our benches to sit flush because our legs raise to different heights. We’ve reconstructed the desk 4 times now, done all the usual connection/plug in/ plug out power resets and all are even “067” at the lowest point, but when we take them up, they become out of sync. Officeworks have failed to contact me back for 10 days now so I thought you might have a troubleshoot solution. Have you observed this problem with anyone else? Thanks in advance for your assistance, Nat

DavidN

Correct me if I am wrong, s2 has 2 motors. If so, I wonder how it keeps one motor in sync of another. I suggest to check if the legs are straight just in case they are not and each leg is presenting different resistance to the motor affecting speed. There are plenty of videos on youtube about resetting desk Maybe one of them has your answer. Good luck!

Dual motor:
From officeworks: https://youtu.be/TD4PoFEuI6I

Single motor:

Natalie C.

Thanks so much for your response. Sadly I’ve tried all these processes unsuccessfully. I’m finally in touch with someone from Officeworks so hopefully we can rectify the issue. Take care, legend

Shirley R.asked

Hi, my desk is showing nothing on the screen at all. We have plugged, unplugged, etc still nothing. Any solutions? Other than asking for a new desk?

Hi Shirley,

I assume your Stilford power desk used to work. Only now the display / controller stopped working. First make sure power point has power. Then check power cord and comms cord are plugged in properly and securely. Thank goodness you can’t really plug them in the wrong port unless you really jam them in. The pinout of each cable is different.

Once plugged in current height should be showing on display. If not, suggest this:
1. As per manual, press “S” and up arrow at the same time for 2 seconds to reset the control.
2. Unplug power for a few minutes then plug in again to see if power drains in the circuit resetting the unit.

Failing the above, contact officeworks for support. I reckon these tables / products are oem products so please take what I said with a grain of salt and refer to manual that came with your table for most accurate info.

Good luck.

Shirley R.

Thanks David. We've just bought a second one for our other office, so I'm hoping this one will be an easy fix.

DavidN

I am so glad you like this desk enough to buy a second one. I would too if my wife wants one. Hope your original issue is sorted.

My biggest rant about this table is the control unit, a fairly large box right behind the buttons so I can kick it if I happen to sit more to the left. S2 appears to have unit inside the metal structure hence completely out of the way.

thefishmilkshakeasked

Hi. My desk is in the lowest position and flashing "Set", but when I try the solution above ('S' button and UP for two seconds the only thing that happens is the right hand side of the desk starts to raise while the left doesn't move. Incredibly frustrating. I can't get the left side to move at all. Any help is appreciated.

DavidN

There’s only one motor which drives two rods or axles that are just slotted without locking mechanism. I am guessing the rod might have moved out of position somehow and not catching the gear mechanism on the motor. Remove side caps and check if the rods came off.

Alternatively the leg is stuck. I have had a bit of rust in the leg and imagine that could cause leg to get stuck. Suggest trying to lift table manually to see if it is indeed stuck. If so, try spray some wd40 to see if you could loosen the leg.

thefishmilkshake

Thanks so much for the response. I did consider some self repair of the axles until I noted that it would void my warranty. Made a call to the place of purchase and was surprised when they had zero interest in helping me fix it and simply asked if I'd like a replacement? I took the replacement and they collected the old one. Interestingly, this new one has a different lift mechanism and doesn't have the axle mechanism described above, but individual motors in each leg. Well see how we go. Thanks again.

DavidN

Well done. Good they gave you a replacement! I reckon these are oem products so would change over time and won’t immediately equate your experience with there must be a problem with old desk design. Not all motors are made equal. In fact, I wonder about consistency when two motors are used. There must be tolerance they have to build in unless one motor can sync with another. Here is an interesting article about single vs dual motors. Good luck!

See all Stilford Electric Adjustable Desk questions