Sunbeam Alinea Select 4 Slice TA2840

TA2840K (Black), TA2840W (White)

• Even Toasting Yes (3) · No (1)

Riker

RikerSydney, NSW

Great looking toaster , but need to cycle twice to get your toast right.

Order this toaster after reading a couple of reviews . Has lots of great features , such as choose your bread type , lift and look , illuminated display to see the progress of the toasting .

However even on the max setting you need to cycle it twice to get the toasting right of any bread.

Purchased in April 2021 at Appliances Online for $132.00.

LynneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Where have you been all my life?

This would have to be hands down THE best toaster I have used it actually works! Toasts evenly the settings work for different types of bread and it cooks crumpets correctly! I had a Kitchen aide 4 slice that I threw out because it was useless and tripped the power points all the time very expensive paperweight! This Sunbeam one is so much better, you have one very happy customer! Highly recommend, do yourself a favour and buy one you will thank me in the end for the recommendation :)

Purchased in February 2021 for $149.00.

Denise M.

Denise M.Sydney, NSW

Definitely the best toaster we've ever owned!

I've been using this toaster every morning with different types of bread, my husband likes White bread and I have Grain. It's amazing how the different types of bread toast evenly on both sides at the same time. I always had this struggle with my old toasters. I am very happy and satisfied! I highly recommend it!

It also brings a fresh new look to my kitchen. It looks beautiful, very stylish! Yay!

Hello Denise M,
Wow that looks like a YUMMY breakfast.
Thank you for your amazing review!

Toasters

Find out how Sunbeam Alinea Select 4 Slice TA2840 compares to other Toasters

SJosie

SJosieSydney, NSW

Awesome features

This toaster not only looks super stylish with the matt black finish but is very practical. With an option to select different types of bread (even crumpet!!) and a gluten free button it really covers everything.
There isn't a 'defrost' button but we have adjusted the settings on the right side for 'frozen' bread and the left side for normal bread. What I was most impressed with is the even toast on each side of the bread - something I have wanted to find for years!

Hello SJosie,
Thank you for your amazing review!
We're so happy to hear that you're impressed by the Sunbeam Alinea Select 4 Slice Toaster.

Bruna T.

Bruna T.Sydney, NSW

I could not be happier!

I couldn't be happier with my choice, I use my toaster every single day and it doesn't disappoint me at all.

At home, we are truly bread LOVERS and the 'bread select' makes very easy for us to get perfect toasts and browning - We don't even have to worry about it. The best thing is that we can place different pieces of bread on each side of the toaster at the same time and choose different temperatures for them - this makes life easier when you live with someone else that eats a different bread than you!

We haven't used the Gluten Free button yet, but I thought the idea was really cool and I had never seen something like this before on the market.

Purchased in October 2020.

Hello Bruna T.
Thank you for your awesome feedback!
We're happy to hear that we have made your mornings easier with our dual temperature selection option.

Disappointedasked

Alinea Select 4 Slice TA2840

This sounds too good to be true!
Is it possible to isolate one bank as we generally only toast 2 pieces at once?

Lynne

Yes it is just put it in one side and slide the lever down for that side, trust me you won’t be disappointed any longer!

Disappointed

Thank you, was never disappointed (don't know where that came from), everything about this toaster sounds fantastic!

Ros V.

Ros V.asked

Alinea Select 4 Slice TA2840

My current toaster takes WAY too long to even brown my white bread a decent color. No, I do not like it very dark or burnt.
How fast or slow does this toaster take to get a golden brown?

Lynne

Gets there very fast, you get to select what type of bread you are using and it toasts according to that because some bread takes longer to toast according to density I suppose. This toaster is well worth getting, best one I have had.

Davidasked

Alinea Select 4 Slice TA2840

These toasters have a crumpet setting. In a normal toaster the result is that the down side burns before the top cooks. The crumpet setting usually applies more heat to the top side. Is this how this toaster works? I can't tell which side has the greater heat. No mention of this in the booklet.

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi David,
It works based on time which is the same as the other bread settings on the toaster.
It doesnt alter the heating of either side.
Hope this helps you.

David

Not really, in order to toast the top brown you burn the bottom just like every other standard toaster. This toaster does not have a true crumpet setting and advertising it as such is deceiving.

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi David,
lt's personal preference to a certain extent which is why we have the browning dial so consumers still had the element on control to their personal taste.

The crumpet setting gives a longer toasting time to ensure the crumpet is heated through and gives a crunchy exterior.

**The crumpet setting on toasters is normally heat based, so the consumers have one side of their crumpet more crunchier than the other side, however, our crumpet setting in Alinea Select, is time based.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare both Sunbeam Alinea Select 4 Slice TA2840
CategoryToastersToasters
Price (RRP) $149.00$149.00
FeaturesDefrost Button, High Lift Lever and Removable Crumb TrayDefrost Button, High Lift Lever and Removable Crumb Tray
Number of Slices 44
Colour / FinishBlack Classics, WhiteBlack Classics, White
Power1,950 W1,950 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateJuly 2020July 2020