4 Slice, 2 Slice

• Even Toasting Yes (9) · No (2)

Mawson

MawsonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Only question should be do you get the 2 or the 4 slice?

Bought about 6 years ago, used daily, works perfectly. Home made bread mostly. Toast doesn’t get stuck! Timer let’s you know when it’s done just by it’s final click finish. I’d buy another tomorrow

Purchased in May 2015 at David Jones Retail Stores for $400.00.

gab7788

gab7788South East Queensland, QLD

Last forever

Bought this beauty on Gumtree 6 years ago, so it'll celebrate his 30 years old birthday soon. It has wide slots and aluminium on both ends, very solid piece. There no bread crumbs around it, I suppose due to the hand lever ( it won't pop out itself.)
We changed one of the heating element to start with, since then works like a Swiss clock, we LOOOVE it.
Highly recommend it to those who appreciate classic, quality & simplicity. Will never look back to electrics that brakes as soon the warranty runs out.

Purchased in September 2015 at Gumtree for $25.00.

Mike

MikeDalton

Best toaster around

Purchased in March 2021.

Jenka

JenkaSydney, NSW

Waited years to buy and so disappointed

Waited years for one of these beautiful toasters as couldn’t justify the price tag but my cheap reliable toaster died and so I got my beauty. I have been so disappointed with it from day one. I never get a consistent even toast. Ever! Sometimes burns sometimes only part burns. An absolute nightmare with a family of 5. Biggest disappointment for something that looks so good!

Purchased in February 2020 at Peter's of Kensington Physical stores for $499.00.

John C.

John C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best toaster

I was sick of replacing my electronic toasters (Breville and Kitchenaid) over the last 4 years. Seems the electronics don’t last so I plugged for the top range Dualit 4 slice toaster. It’s just perfect in its simplicity. No electronics, cooks bread quickly and evenly. Looks great. Came with a 5 year warranty. Highly recommend

Purchased in January 2021 for $525.00.

PaulSydney, NSW

Service and repairs - fantastically good!

Best toaster solid unit built to last

I’ve toasted a variety of breads in this toaster, fruit, rye, seeded. From fresh to frozen this unit does a stellar job every time. It looks great, it’s a classic design where everything is mechanical, the toast needs to be lifted manually by a leaver, there is an old school timer to turn the elements on & off. It’s built like a tank & looks beautiful on the bench top. Some other reviewer mentioned parts being as much as the unit that’s total nonsense, they’re reasonably priced, but I know a few people who have owned this model for years with no parts needing to be replaced.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Production quality issue - but Dualit seems to stand by their product

Purchased in January 2021 at Peter's of Kensington Online store for $337.00.

Anthony

AnthonySydney, NSW

Faulty and too costly to repair

Looks nice, otherwise not any better than a cheap toaster, actually worse. The timer is a design fault and commonly malfunctioning problem. Eventually goes after only a few years. Did I mention it is what activates the toaster so when it gets stuck as it commonly does, boom=instant fire hazard. Also it's selling point is that everything is repairable. Great, but the parts generally cost more than other toasters. Also the timer, which is designed faulty, once replaced for the cost of another toaster will probably just need replacing in a few years again. Slots are too small for larger artisanal bread. Great for supermarket bread though. Avoid if you value your money and/or a house not on fire.

Fiona

Fionasydney

Regrets...this is one of them

Bought this 12 years ago and this is second time an element has blown. One of the marketing phrases that sold me was "parts are replaceable" but I found that it costs as much to replace element as to buy a new fancy toaster so this time I don't think I will replace it. What a shame, as it cost a few hundred $$$ and I thought the kids would leave home before the toaster did. Long on style but short on substance.

Purchased in June 2008 for $300.00.

KBMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great toaster, poor quality, terrible customer support

I bought my Dualit toaster new less than a year ago. I like the simple design, and the wide slots, which can accommodate and toast anything from dainty slices to doorsteps. I bought on recommendation, and paid a lot of money for this toaster because I was assured that they were not just reliable, but almost bulletproof.

Ten months on, the timer unit has failed, leaving me with a beautifully designed stainless steel brick, and Dualit refuse to honour the warranty because I emigrated and brought the toaster with me to my new home, and refused to help me locate a service engineer in Australia.

Premium price point, but budget levels of service.

I would advise thinking long and hard before buying, particularly if you are not in the UK.

Purchased in April 2019 at Amazon.

Ms Y

Ms YSydney, NSW

We love our toaster

This toaster looks amazing on our kitchen bench. We have used or for English muffins and crumpets and they have come out beautifully. We love the simple dial for time and the simple lever to lift up the bread. Knowing the name of the person who assembled it is another beautiful touch. We wanted something simple and worked well (after our previous Breville toaster with all its sliding dials and buttons failed) and this totally fits the bill. I love it!

Purchased in February 2020 at Peter's of Kensington for $324.00.

Dawid Wewel

Dawid WewelSydney, NSW

Very durable toaster

This toaster is one of the best I’ve owned. I tried to kill myself with by putting a fork in it and it didn’t even shock, saved my life. Don’t put onion dip in it, it will break.

Purchased in February 2019 at ALDI.

MansfieldJohno

MansfieldJohnoNortheast, VIC

Best toaster on the market any where in the world

This toaster looks so good in our kitchen cool copper ends and highly polished chrome in the middle. It can switch for one slice to two slices to three or even all four slices. Also a very good switch for toast to be warmed up again with out drying out the toast. It toast crumpets and sourdough to perfection. Every part is replaceable not a throw away toaster like a lot of other expensive toasters

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones Online Store.

SaWo

SaWoWestern Australia

Brilliant!

This toaster performs brilliantly for various types of bread, whether fresh, frozen or home baked. We love the ability to select one or both slots, and tailor the toasting time to suit. The controls are simple to use, the crumb tray is sensibly located for easy emptying and cleaning. Best of all, should the heat grills or timer unit fail, they can be replaced.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse.

Emma

EmmaVictoria

looks awesome in the kitchen

i really like my toaster. sometimes it does burn the toast especially with people who wind up the timer too much who have never used it. i like this way better than the digital toasters. it looks awesome too so classy would recommend for looks. i have the 2 toast slice which is all you need.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Elizadolots

ElizadolotsMelbourne

A convert since 1988...

Date PurchasedMay 2005

Dualit older model

We have an older model dualit toaster - many are available second hand on ebay. They are really solidly built, will last a long time, and you can get spares. My main complaint is that the actual toasting is not very good. I probably wouldn't buy another one, they only accept thin slices of toast as well

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Drusilla

DrusillaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nice looking toaster!

This is a lovely looking appliance and it works well. I like the manual pop up lever. It does what it is supposed to do, makes toast, but whether it does it better than any other toaster I'm not sure. The edges sometimes burn a little but I think that's because the bread was slightly uneven perhaps, I wasn't using presliced bread.
Looks very stylish in my new kitchen. It is expensive for a toaster but seems well built. Bit of a luxury item. Pretty happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Love this old school toaster

Expensive but worth it. The poms know their toast. Hand built in the U.K. The kids love it. They know different toasting times for different breads. Nothing on this is automatic. Use your brain and perfect toast every time. People are looking for a box to put bread in press a button and have great toast. It is still basic cooking and you still have to think.