MPNs: KE9151 and SNB-KE9151

Great looking kettle and easy to clean

I'm really happy with this kettle. The shape looks great in the kitchen and I love the fact that it's brushed stainless steel, so it's easy to clean, but still has a polished section at the bottom.

It heats water fairly fast. I'm not sure it's much quieter than other kettles, but isn't loud that's for sure. The water gauge doesn't fog up which is certainly a plus. So far no rust or any build up that's required cleaning. Overall I'd say I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Purchased in May 2019 at Amazon for $46.99.

Noise Level
Hi Mid C, Thank you, love your review!!

As a new owner - happy... but disappointment in the pipeline!?

Ok, lets start with price: Just under $50 delivered (seen this at around $100 at local stores).

Kettle it replaced:
Breville clear glass style, under 2 yrs use - failed element (I'm a sparkie, tested it), otherwise construction was solid. Noisy as hell and lots of cleaning to keep it 'looking the part' (we didn't clean it all that often but it wasn't 'gross'), glad it's gone but not worth it's price in my opinion.

New sunbeam:
Looks good, boils quickly, IS quieter than the breville it replaced by a long shot. To market this or any kettle as being 'quiet' one would think it would be double or triple insulated all around, it's not - overall it's a pretty cheap build in my opinion but I won't open it up till 'she dies.

I'd gladly pay triple what I paid for this for a truly well built, triple insulated, 'quiet' kettle, as I'm sure many would with 'open plan' living being very popular.. this is really important. I used to have to turn up the tv or movie with the breville, this sure is much quieter, silent - no, this is expected at this price point and/or without quality built double or triple insulation.

Read reviews of the hinge / lid issues, and expecting this to happen to mine, hopefully not for a few years, we'll see... the lid has a nice fast snapping opening feel to it, it feels good but personally I think it's too violent and feel as though the 'spring' used my simply have too much tension, not sure - but I've advised my wife to open the lid with two hands and not let the lid 'fling' to its fully open position - this may help, may not, either way it's not something you'd expect to have to do with a new appliance, it should have a mech to slow it down or dampen the force.

I hope sunbeam chime in, they obviously have a design/part flaw/issue with the lid and should address it, I hope they assist if this fails just out of warranty, we really should get at least 3 yrs use from a kettle these days (you know, two adult family house use), in the good old days, my parents and grandparents got much, much longer from theirs. Bells and whistles or not, the manufacturers should be backing their own products with the confidence of at least a 3yr warranty, don't know what the consumer laws would cover a kettle of this value for...!?

Will follow up when 'she fails! Hopefully not back updating too soon!

Purchased in April 2019 for $46.99.

Noise Level
Hi ashpete02, Thank you for the great review. Your feedback and suggestions are also very valued. I have passed this onto our product team. If you do happen to experience any issues, please call us on 1300 881 861.

Not quiet

Pretty basic kettle. It serves its purpose effectively though it was only quiet for a a week or so. Since then it’s as loud as any other kettle. Loud enough to not be able to hear the tv in the same room.
All other parts of the kettle work well, and it looks nice. But don’t bother if it’s a quiet kettle you’re after!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

"Aspire - could have higher aspirations

Two weeks after warranty expired the lid mechanism crumbled dropping small sharp pieces of black plastic intomthe boiled water. We wondered why the water tastes like plastic! The lid was able to,open and close for a couple more weeks but then completely broke and popped open when the kettle boiled.nowmuseless. I would expect more than a year of normal household use from an electric appliance that cost $100 - and has a name such as 'Aspire" . Very disappointing!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Sunbeam aspire electric kettle KE9151

It boils my water which is what I bought it for, no bells and whistles that can go wrong. It does make a bubbling noise before boiling but it's not for long and to be expected, I just tune out. I'm liking it so hope it remains faithful. Bought at Harvey Norman.

Update 4 DEC. 2017
I'm now revising my opinion of this kettle to 'a remarkable piece of JUNK' with a star rating of none. Like the review above, the lid wouldn't open when I pressed the release button, I'd walk away and 10 seconds later the lid would fly open. Pieces of black plastic have broken away from under the lid and have fallen into the water chamber. I've had the kettle about one and half years, and like lots of things these days, it's as good as the weakest point which is the lid mechanism, deliberately made that way. I'm going back to boiling water on my gas stove. No faith in Sunbeam. :-(

Date PurchasedJun 2016