Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600

Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600 Questions & Answers

MPN: 35903103

5 questions from our users

Vanessaasked

How do remove the plastic cog that the blade works against? I have removed the grey casing but cannot get the old one off.

Bev

Hi Vanessa, if it is the part I think it is I use a coin. I hope that helps.

Vanessa

No it’s further on, once you remove the blade, you remove the grey casing which in turn exposes the plastic wheel/cog that the slicing blade connects with!

Sunbeam
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Vanessa,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry , removing the blade is the farthest to go with this unit.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

yuka

yukaasked

(thick and thin with a 0-23 mm variable slicing dial)
is it possible to cut 0.07mm for shabu shabu asian meat. paper thin?

Sunbeam
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi yuka,
Thank you for your query. The ES9600 cannot be adjusted to that low.

Mrsp

Mrspasked

Can you cut warm loin of pork without the crackle? What is the maximum height and width of the product to be sliced?

Bev

I would assume so. Let the meat sit to absorb the juices and slice. As it is rolled you may want to add more string so it doesn't unroll. Remove the string after you have sliced.

Almond bread lover

Almond bread loverasked

Why does it rip my almond bread apart it seems almonds get caught on the bottom

Len
Len

I have no information in regards to this problem as I have never made almond bread.
I assume the almonds are in pieces in the bread and the blade would push the pieces against the softer dough.
Suggest put in freezer until bread has a very firm consistency the cut with minimum forward pressure to allow blade to cut cleanly through the bread and almonds.
I read that almond bread is cut very thinly so it would need to be very firm to prevent tearing.
Suggest Sunbeam should be the best source of resolving all your slicing problems.
Kindest Regards

Len Horrocks

Pauline

Paulineasked

Will it cut almond bread?
Can you buy a new blade?

AlfE
AlfE

Will it cut almond bread - probably but I have never tried.

Can you buy new blades - not easily.

I ended up throwing mine away and bought a proper slicer.

Hans Dahl
Hans Dahl

While the slicer is still new it will cut any bread. As soon as the cog wheels are worn out, it will only ccut soft butter.
Yes, you can buy a new cogwheel and also a new blade. But it is not worth doing because you will have the same problem soon after repair.

sporotti
sporotti

Not having eaten Almond bread can't answer that for you but have had no problems cutting from soft to hared breads, i have had no problems at all with any part of the unit and i use it on a regular basis no problem at all with the cog wheel

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives