Sunbeam FoodSaver VS7800

Sunbeam FoodSaver VS7800

MPN: 35903112

GeorgeLaunceston, TAS

After 2 years or very infrequent use it won't seal.

I paid $249 for this top of the line model (at the time) and unfortunately after limited use (4 or 5 times a year), the seal has a break somewhere and it won't seal properly. I know it only has a 1 year warranty but at this rate I'd recommend buying a cheaper model (around $100) and at least you can replace every year (if you had to) and be in front. I would not recommend the Sunbeam based on my experience.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $249.00.

George

From the review below, I'm not the only one with a similar problem. :(

Hi George,
Sorry to hear this, it is normally a very reliable model.

PeripidousIllawarra, NSW

Stopped sealing after a couple of years and Sunbeam says it can't be fixed

I bought a Sunbeam Foodsaver Vac780 and now it won't seal all the way across; it leaves 1cm unsealed. I thought I could purchase a new part or take it to a repairer but Sunbeam say there's nothing I can do but toss it out. It lasted 3.5 years with minimal use and now it is totally useless. I hate the environmental implications of companies who don't create products to last and then don't even make sure they can be repaired.

Purchased in September 2015 at Harvey Norman.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Peripidous, so sorry to hear it is not working. Unfortunately some units do not have the capacity to be repaired. If you feel it is worth it you could call our team to troubleshoot on 1300 881 861

Melanie

MelanieRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great Food Vacuum Sealer

This food vacuum sealer is easy to both use and keep clean. It folds to a compact size for easy storage. It produces consistently good quality sealing. Great for meat.

Purchased in March 2016.

These machines are a waste of time and money. Don't buy one.

I have had two of these machines so far, the first one did not vacuum any air out of the bag, and the bags keep splitting when you cook them. Took it back to where I bought it from, and they replaced it. Ok so one problem, and they replaced a faulty machine, great. Got the second one home and same problem, bags keep splitting, and the vacuum part does not work. I have wasted 7 frozen meals so far because of the bag splitting while cooking. It is so frustrating after spend ing the time and money cooking these meals to have them break into water and being destroyed.
I will never buy a sunbeam appliance again. This one is going back to get a refund.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Alex
Alex

CassieOz

CassieOzCanberra

Unreliable waste of money

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi CassieOz, sounds like you have had a frustrating experience with this machine, very sorry to hear. I will send you a Private message to see if we can assist you as this machine is generally very good

Andrew S

Andrew SNorthcote

Why do they lie?

Like others here my foodsaver just stopped sealing bags (although it can still do canisters so the pump must be ok). Advised by Sunbeam that it's probably the gasket that needs replacing. They give you referrals to service agents while knowing full well that there are no replacement parts and they have been on back order for six months. Then they reply on this site saying of course you can buy them. It's a lie and they know it's a lie. I'm looking for a non Sunbeam replacement.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Total waste of $350

I bought this machine 3 yrs ago and only used it for the first time 3 weeks ago - when I went to use it again for the second time last week it was dead NO power NOTHING!! I rang sunbeam they said they CAN'T be fixed? And onc e the powers gone thats it!! But they said sorry! I will NEVER buy one again and I wonder does the power cut of as normal at 3 year mark? Complete waste of money!

Date PurchasedJan 2008

Wil

WilFlynn 2615, ACT

Awesome, does a great job!

Seriously cannot remember when I bought mine I guess 6-7 years ago. I buy in bulk and then freeze steak, chicken and fish. I've also used it for homemade bacon and sun dried tomato. I usually use the cheaper ALDI rolls when in available and Sunbeam in a pinch. I don't use it enough and I recently thought about picking up the marinade unit thinking it might also be good for pickling.

Date PurchasedJun 2011

Easy to use

Love that this item is easy to use. The pen holder included is a nice addition. As well as the inbuilt cutter. Overall this product looks great and is easy to use. Would defiantly recommend in the future. Words displayed in lights across top may be a little small for some

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Pathetic

This machine is a disgrace. I have battled with it for the last time and will never buy one again. It fails to seal the end of the bag, continually just vacuums without dealing and has to be left for about three minutes between bags (on the odd occasion I can get it to seal). Bought to do fish, never again.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Do not buy this product! A waste of Money!

This product does not seal well. It does not have enough power to create a decent vacuum and once sealed it leaks. I have just gone to my refrigerator and have seen that all my steaks, roasts and mince that I sealed have gone off! Only good for dog food at the very best. This is after 1 week only! I have used vacuum sealers before, followed all instructions to a tea and this unit is complete rubbish! Warning - Do not buy.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Ian

IanPerth

What are they doing

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Platycat

Platycat

Been OK but didn't seal OK once or twice

I have sealed and frozen some meat and it seems to have worked fine but did have a problem with sealing one time -- just would not seal. I have not used it a lot as only use when I want to keep stuff for a long time -- as the bags are NOT CHEAP I am not sure of the month
-- this would not summit till a put the month in though -----I bought it but it was 2016, will add to this when I have used it more.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

what a waste of money

bought so i can seal some aged steaks to take interstate for xmas sealed first 2 bags brilliantly then couldn,t produce vac seal due to the seals fitted, took seals out put back in managed to seal 1 more bag then that was it, obvious problem is the seals around vacuum chamber. DID SUNBEAM ACTUALLY GIVE THIS A FOOD CHECK/USE PRIOR RELEASING

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Failed after about 10 uses

I used this model sparingly over 12 months and it then stopped sealing properly just after warranty ended. Contacted Appliances Online as the retailer who wouldn't help but then spoke to Sunbeam who kindly offered a full replacement because the item was just outside the warranty period. Good on you Sunbeam - that's customer service. 5 star for Sunbeam Service - 1 star for the unit = 3 stars overall. Hoping for a better result on the replacement.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Most unfortunate.

Date PurchasedJun 2012

So disappointed

My first food saver I bought hardly used after 6 months it no longer sealed.. I didn't keep receipt, I rang a sunbeam repair place they said not worth fixing buy a new one, then we just purchased a new one worked brilliantly for 10 mins!!! Now this won't work either!!! Huge waste of money!!

Horrible quality

I have seen so many positive reviews for this and was so excited to be able to get a good vacuum sealer. I have had mine for close to a year now however it has spent all but one month in storage while I try in vain to find my receipt to return it. On the third time I used the machine, the switch fell off and I have not been able to operate it since. It didn't to break but it seems the glue has melted which has rendered it useless. Really disappointed and still going to find my receipt as it was not cheap to purchase

Buy an Aldi one instead

Lasted 18 months then died. Doesn't vacuum anymore. It works sometimes but it won't suck all the air out.
Sunbeam didn't offer much help because it was out of warranty.
The Good guys said I should have bought the extended warranty. I shouldn't have to pay more, the product should just work.
My previous one was an Aldi model and it outlasted the sunbeam at a fraction of the cost.
Would have expected more from a $300 machine.

gasp

gaspCollinsvale Tasmania

Cannot live without this one

Kerry K.

Kerry K.asked

Does the zipper bags work with the camping version Foodsaver

Hello Kerry K.,
The vacuum seal zipper bags need a hand held sealer attachment.
We now have VS1190 FoodSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealer, which would be a great buy for those quick zipper bag seals or container vacuums. Read more about the VS1190 FoodSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealer here: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/FoodSaver-Handheld-Vacuum-Sealer.aspx

Joanne

Joanneasked

Hi I have a VS4500, had it about 6wks now. The problem is all of a sudden it wont vac and seal. It sucks the air out of the bag but doesnt stop and seal it! Im having to press the seal button but that lets a bit of air back in. It will seal to make a bag. Im confused!!

Peripidous

Contact Sunbeam. It took longer for mine to do something similar so I was outside the warranty period. They don't have many options for repair (which is environmentally very poor) but I suspect they will replace it for you. It does seem to be a design flaw.

Hello Joanne,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please do take it back to the retailer you purchased it from and request a replacement. All Sunbeam products have a 12 month replacement warranty to ensure customer satisfaction.

Janetasked

Why are the foodsaver boxes so hard to open once the air has been released very hard to remove, not like the video they just lift off

Hello Janet,
To ensure that your food stays fresh for longer the Foodsaver does suction the lids on tight. I find that the easiest way to open the lids after the air has been released is to slightly lift each corner instead of pulling hard from one corner. Give that a go and hopefully you'll be able to free your fresh lunch with less effort.

Janet

I have the free containers from New World that work on the same process and once the air is released the lid comes of just like your videos So I would assume that this being a machine that does the same thing the lid should come off exactly the same, I have tried what you have said and it still to hard to remove.

Hello Janet,
Have a look at this ad, they show the best practice in how to open the container. As you can see at 12.27 minutes into the video, the beat way to open is holding the container close to you and lifting from the opposite corner to you.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives