Sunbeam FoodSaver VS7800

Sunbeam FoodSaver VS7800

MPN: 35903112

These machines are a waste of time and money. Don't buy one.

I have had two of these machines so far, the first one did not vacuum any air out of the bag, and the bags keep splitting when you cook them. Took it back to where I bought it from, and they replaced it. Ok so one problem, and they replaced a faulty machine, great. Got the second one home and same problem, bags keep splitting, and the vacuum part does not work. I have wasted 7 frozen meals so far because of the bag splitting while cooking. It is so frustrating after spend ing the time and money cooking these meals to have them break into water and being destroyed.
I will never buy a sunbeam appliance again. This one is going back to get a refund.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
HI Alex, sorry to hear you are not happy with the machine. These machines are usually very reliable so unusual to hear of two. For users of this machine please make sure when vacuuming that the bag is completely tucked into the vacuum channel. If not in properly the bag will not seal and this is often the reason for not sealing. Also be careful not to overfill the bags and leave a bit of room when sealing as if there is no room or the bag is overfilled it may result in leaking but I have never heard of the bags splitting.I'm going to take this machine back again to 100% in waihi, and ask for a replacement, again. I have had many meals ruined by the seals coming apart. Yesterday I found that coffee beans I vacumed and sealed 3 weeks ago became unsealed, and they were sitting in the cupboard. I will give sunbeam one more try and then it's onto another brand.

Unreliable waste of money

We produce our own food and rely on vacuum packing so bought foodsaver V8000 to back up our old one (diff brand 7 years old), so it sat in the box 15 months before it was first used and has now been in intermittent use 4 months only. It's wasteful of rolls. I've never had a vac packer that sacrificed 3cm at the top and bottom. 3/4 times it's used, it doesn't sense the bag being inserted and you have to do it again and again. Now it wont vac all the air out. The little blue progressive light just jumps from one to five and it seals while there's air left inside. Pointless exercise if everything is going to dehydrate and get freezer burn anyway. No defect in the bags, no dirt on gasket. Just a useless, expensive piece of machinery. Don't but it

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi CassieOz, sounds like you have had a frustrating experience with this machine, very sorry to hear. I will send you a Private message to see if we can assist you as this machine is generally very good

Why do they lie?

Like others here my foodsaver just stopped sealing bags (although it can still do canisters so the pump must be ok). Advised by Sunbeam that it's probably the gasket that needs replacing. They give you referrals to service agents while knowing full well that there are no replacement parts and they have been on back order for six months. Then they reply on this site saying of course you can buy them. It's a lie and they know it's a lie. I'm looking for a non Sunbeam replacement.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Total waste of $350

I bought this machine 3 yrs ago and only used it for the first time 3 weeks ago - when I went to use it again for the second time last week it was dead NO power NOTHING!! I rang sunbeam they said they CAN'T be fixed? And onc e the powers gone thats it!! But they said sorry! I will NEVER buy one again and I wonder does the power cut of as normal at 3 year mark? Complete waste of money!

Date PurchasedJan 2008

Awesome, does a great job!

Seriously cannot remember when I bought mine I guess 6-7 years ago. I buy in bulk and then freeze steak, chicken and fish. I've also used it for homemade bacon and sun dried tomato. I usually use the cheaper ALDI rolls when in available and Sunbeam in a pinch. I don't use it enough and I recently thought about picking up the marinade unit thinking it might also be good for pickling.

Date PurchasedJun 2011

Easy to use

Love that this item is easy to use. The pen holder included is a nice addition. As well as the inbuilt cutter. Overall this product looks great and is easy to use. Would defiantly recommend in the future. Words displayed in lights across top may be a little small for some

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Pathetic

This machine is a disgrace. I have battled with it for the last time and will never buy one again. It fails to seal the end of the bag, continually just vacuums without dealing and has to be left for about three minutes between bags (on the odd occasion I can get it to seal). Bought to do fish, never again.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Do not buy this product! A waste of Money!

This product does not seal well. It does not have enough power to create a decent vacuum and once sealed it leaks. I have just gone to my refrigerator and have seen that all my steaks, roasts and mince that I sealed have gone off! Only good for dog food at the very best. This is after 1 week only! I have used vacuum sealers before, followed all instructions to a tea and this unit is complete rubbish! Warning - Do not buy.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

What are they doing

My son has the smaller model for which he paid the same as me 3 years on he has had not moments problem during the time he has had it.Indeed last Monday 2/1/17 we cryovaced 50 bags of fish fillets non stop.
I have had my unit for approximately 18 months and have done some 150 bags or more and love it.
My fishing club has two of the expensive Italian units and they perform no better,both the Sunbeam and the Italian units dont like too much moisture so dry things off before vacuuming or you are courting disaster.
Buying cheap bags is also false economy and the machines dont like them.
I buy mine through a major butchering supplier who also have a cash and carry section and pay about 40 cents a bag for commercial quality which is hardly expensive.
Buy an HSV Commodore and put cheap tyres on it and cheap fuel in it and guess what you will be disappointed.
Thank You Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Been OK but didn't seal OK once or twice

I have sealed and frozen some meat and it seems to have worked fine but did have a problem with sealing one time -- just would not seal. I have not used it a lot as only use when I want to keep stuff for a long time -- as the bags are NOT CHEAP I am not sure of the month
-- this would not summit till a put the month in though -----I bought it but it was 2016, will add to this when I have used it more.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

what a waste of money

bought so i can seal some aged steaks to take interstate for xmas sealed first 2 bags brilliantly then couldn,t produce vac seal due to the seals fitted, took seals out put back in managed to seal 1 more bag then that was it, obvious problem is the seals around vacuum chamber. DID SUNBEAM ACTUALLY GIVE THIS A FOOD CHECK/USE PRIOR RELEASING

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Failed after about 10 uses

I used this model sparingly over 12 months and it then stopped sealing properly just after warranty ended. Contacted Appliances Online as the retailer who wouldn't help but then spoke to Sunbeam who kindly offered a full replacement because the item was just outside the warranty period. Good on you Sunbeam - that's customer service. 5 star for Sunbeam Service - 1 star for the unit = 3 stars overall. Hoping for a better result on the replacement.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi Jimmy K, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Thank you for your great feedback Sunbeam's Customer Service Team. We like to go that extra mile to look after our valued customers like yourself. If you require any further advise or information on your replacement unit, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Most unfortunate.

Wow, I've just read the reviews! No one is happy with FoodSaver. I have a series of parts that don't fit, hose ends too big or too small, jar sealer tops [two purchased this month] that don't seal lids onto jars.

Every FoodSaver ad for the jar sealer top shows a hose attached to it but the hose doesn't actually come with the top and there's no mention of the hose being included or excluded in their advertising. You're left to find out when the item arrives without a hose.

The bigger issue is the hose is the only one they have to sell and those hose ends don't fit into the jar sealer tops or into the machine portal. I tried a friend's newer FoodSaver with retractable hose and it didn't seal the jars either. I ended vacuum sealing jars in FoodSaver bags.

There's lots of instructions on FoodSavers websites on how to use their equipment. Seems like FoodSaver wants the customer at fault but I've used these machines since Tillia owned the business and longer than the people writing for FoodSaver.

FoodSaver is presenting an un-co-ordinated line of products to the public. Instead of the standard quality product, there are bits and pieces being marketed, which may or may not work with some or none of their vacuum sealers. A disappointment for sure from a company that was top of line.
Yours truly,
Wendy E.

Date PurchasedJun 2012
Hi Apple Cruncher. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with your product. Please be assured all customer feedback is taken seriously and your comments will be forwarded on to our development and technology teams. Kindest Regards Sunbeam

So disappointed

My first food saver I bought hardly used after 6 months it no longer sealed.. I didn't keep receipt, I rang a sunbeam repair place they said not worth fixing buy a new one, then we just purchased a new one worked brilliantly for 10 mins!!! Now this won't work either!!! Huge waste of money!!

Hi Den, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Please call 1300 881 861 and one of our friendly representatives will be more than happy to assist you. Kindest Regards Sunbeam

Horrible quality

I have seen so many positive reviews for this and was so excited to be able to get a good vacuum sealer. I have had mine for close to a year now however it has spent all but one month in storage while I try in vain to find my receipt to return it. On the third time I used the machine, the switch fell off and I have not been able to operate it since. It didn't to break but it seems the glue has melted which has rendered it useless. Really disappointed and still going to find my receipt as it was not cheap to purchase

Dear Bec,T hank you for contacting us. Please do not hesitate to contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for assistance with your product. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Buy an Aldi one instead

Lasted 18 months then died. Doesn't vacuum anymore. It works sometimes but it won't suck all the air out.
Sunbeam didn't offer much help because it was out of warranty.
The Good guys said I should have bought the extended warranty. I shouldn't have to pay more, the product should just work.
My previous one was an Aldi model and it outlasted the sunbeam at a fraction of the cost.
Would have expected more from a $300 machine.

Hi Ads1, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Sunbeam

Cannot live without this one

Without doubt the best i have seen. No issues. Rolls could be more economical. I use my unit at least weekly and package a number of items each time. As a single i package meals which i pre freeze in SQUARE containers. Almonds and walnuts which i freeze. They keep well. Chichen in serving portions. Cheese keeps for ages in fridge when vacpak. Salt beef for pasterma ages beautifully. Smoked cod which i insist comes out of freezer at shop. Coffee. Whole fish. Also good for storage like a door lock keys and screws. No freezer burn. No wasted space in freezer. Extends life of dry goods too like covature chocolate blocks. Vanille bean pods. I make sleeves then put a whole chilli in each sleeve and pop in freezer. No prep at all. They keep and slice while frozen and cook perfectly. I could go on. Like i said this one i cannot live without.

Hi gasp, Thank you for your great feedback on the Sunbeam VS7800! If you require any further advise or information on the unit, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Big Improvement on cheap Vacuum Packagers

I brought a cheapo ALDI food sealer and made the mistake of replacing it with another ALDI food Sealer. Although the second was better than the first, I was becoming increasingly frustrated with having to open and close the lid to get it to work.

The Sunbeam has a great locking mechanism, a bag cutter that is invaluable and it just works so much better. I like that it folds up for easy storage, though the roll storage inside is a bit useless for the large ebay rolls I use. I end up just taking the rolls out after cutting them to size.

May as well bought a cheapie - they last longer

Bought my first on 14mths ago - took it back after about 10mths as when on the auto vac/seal it would not seal, changed it over (and had to pay another lot of extended warranty @ Harvey Norman) tonight the replacement will seal but not vacuum - it has been used about 6 times. My previous sealer was a cheap $50 model that lasted for 4yrs, had expected a $200 machine to last better than this.

Does what it says on the box!

I'm really happy with my sunbeam we buy lots of meat in bulk and freezer bags just didn't cut it anymore for us,We've chucked out far to much Angus rib fillet because of freezer burn,the build quality is great and it's very simple to use.
I like the fact that I can cook up curries,casseroles and pasta sauces in bulk now and portion them for freezing,then pop into boiling water for a fast mid week meal.
If you're like us and buy meat in bulk from the butcher or don't have time during the week to cook most nights then this is for you,sure it's over $200 but this machine WILL save you money and time,get the rolls not the bags though as I find I like the flexibility of doing my own size bags for roasts and things,I marinade meats,do burgers and rissoles,even blanched Veg,it's really up to your imagination if you have time and enjoy cooking and actually use it to the full potential then you will save money (no more take away) you really should consider this machine.