Sunbeam Foodsaver VS6100

MPN: 36490830

Shota Higuchi

Shota Higuchi

Poor sealing function

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $150.00.

Doesn’t seal well.

Ok for dry food, but not for wet. The seal is not good, and even after multiple sealing cycles, many times the seal is not perfect. Would have been better off with a more professional product. I used the bags/rolls that were supplied with the unit. I guess you get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
B.GR

B.GRAdelaide

Poor product

Purchased this from David Jones, thinking it was a good product for the money; however it has poor vacuum sealing ability with air still trapped inside the bag, and defiantly not worth the money. Spoke to David Jones and they basically don’t want anything to do with it, expensive mistake.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

mitchamusNew South Wales

Works great plus easy to use

Date PurchasedJan 2018

kate

kateasked

We are having the same problem with machine turning on, we have used quite hard on it and the two green side buttons are out but still not working, returning to Harvey Norman, you would expect it from a $50 appliance not $179.

Michelleasked

Some times it won’t seal the bag. I often have to have 2-3 goes

mitchamus

If there’s any moisture in the join this will stop it sealing properly.

Wipe the join with paper towel, or make a dam between the food and the join with folded up paper towel... and/or use the moist food function....

Hope this helps...

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. mitchamus is correct about any moisture being present. Please also check:
* Is rough side down on sealing strip?
* Are you leaving 7-10cm gap from food to cut edge of bag?
* Are there 2 foam seals in place - 1 at top and 1 at bottom?
* Have you tried swapping seals around or remove them to wash under warm water with detergent, rinse thoroughly then leave out to dry completely. This can bring back elasticity to foam.
* Is the top edge of the bag hovering above the drip tray and not right in the drip tray?
* If cutting bags from the role please ensure the scissors are very sharp. Blunt scissors or blades will affect the cut and can prevent air from being vacuumed out completely.
Hope this assists, Kind Regards Sunbeam

Michelle

It was the first time I used it. I’ll give your suggestions a go next time

Debbie B.

Debbie B.asked

I can't get mine to do anything either, I can get a green light but it goes off and then I hit the "seal"button and nothing happens. Surely it shouldnt be this hard. I think its going back.

mitchamus

The green light goes off while it’s actually sealing, and then lights up again when done if I remember correctly.

Hi Debbie B,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further assistance. Kind Regards,
Sunbeam

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryFood Sealers