Sunbeam Foodsaver VS6100

Sunbeam Foodsaver VS6100

MPN: 36490830

Doesn’t seal well.

Ok for dry food, but not for wet. The seal is not good, and even after multiple sealing cycles, many times the seal is not perfect. Would have been better off with a more professional product. I used the bags/rolls that were supplied with the unit. I guess you get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Josh G. If you're having issues with moist foods, a good tip is to place a folded paper towel between food and end of bag to absorb excess liquids. Just be sure to leave at least 2.5cm between food and end of bag so that bag seals properly with paper towel inside!

Poor product

Purchased this from David Jones, thinking it was a good product for the money; however it has poor vacuum sealing ability with air still trapped inside the bag, and defiantly not worth the money. Spoke to David Jones and they basically don’t want anything to do with it, expensive mistake.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Works great plus easy to use

I got this on sale at DJ’s for $129.
I am a bit of an amateur butcher and like to make my own sausages and small goods. The vac packer works great for packaging up meal-size portions of meat, storing jerky or sliced salami and putting cuts of meat on rubs or marinades.

I also went a bit nuts when I first got it and packaged up stuff in the pantry like lentils and the millions of open spice packets..
The internal roll and cutter works really well and it’s easy to make your own pouches etc with the seal strip.

Most recently I’ve used it to sous-vide a brisket, and it worked out great.. The seal was rock solid and never even looked like leaking.

I’d like to get some of the containers to try next, so I can do wetter marinades, or even just to keep rice fresh in the cupboard. Note that with this model the tube you need does not come with it.

I’m yet to go so far as to vac-pack all the crap in the second drawer like the million window keys.. but I’m not making any promises!

EDIT - I recently went to throw the box away, and found the tube do do the containers inside. - so this is definitely included.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Having been through all the above I have difficulties to suck the air out. It says vacuum but it just seals the pouch. Please give me some advice. Thank you.
How far are you placing the bag inside the machine? It should go over the removable drain part- you can even tuck the lip of the bag down into the drain if you like. Also make sure that the open end of the bag is completely clean before sealing. The trick here is to fold down about 3cm of the opening before you put the food in. This makes sure that it won’t touch the food going in and stays clean. Try something easy to seal like uncooked rice as a test, and ensure you do the above 2 tips. If it still is not working- perhaps return it, or call sunbeam phone support? Hope this helps...HI Vibby, most of the time if the machine is not vacuuming it is due to the bag not being placed right into the channel. It needs to be tucked right in with none of it hanging out. If this is done correctly you will be able to vacuum. However if it still does not after trying this please return to store of purchase.

When sealing canisters it wont turn off once the green dimple depresses, have to press the seal button - why?

I just purchased this unit today. I cannot get it to even turn on. I have tried everything. I will be returning it to DJs but just wondering if I’m doing something basically wrong?
Yes- I had this issue too- you need to press quite firmly on the sides until you see green on the two buttons at the sides that pop out. You need to click the lid down twice. One this happens, you will see a green light come on on top, and you are ready to go. Keep pressing HARD... you will get it once it happens the first time. Hope this helpsThanks so much. I did read some reviews that said the same thing so went back and tried again and got it to work. Seems like a very silly design but have managed to get it going and is now working fine. I have a real issue with the lack of decent instructions from an Australian company. I did ask the David Jones lady for a demonstration and she said that would not be possible as they didn’t get any to try. It would make sense and then they could avoid unnecessary returns and heaps of angst.

Foodsaver VS6100