FoodSaver Urban Series Cut & Seal VS6100

2.1

Don't!

gazza48Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Hopeless sunbeam product

We purchased this product and the first one had to go back as the vacuum and seal did not work. Exchanged and bought home 2nd one as really wanted something to avoid freezer burn on meat! Same issue, will not work in vacuum and seal. It to is going back this time for a refund. Only good thing has been the good customer service at Harvey Norman Thomastown ...

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman for $169.00.

PeterSouthwest, VIC

Great Product. Tips & Tricks

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $150.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Peter,
    WOW! Thank you for the awesome review. We appreciate you taking the time to write such helpful tips.

Peter

Absolute struggle to close the lid

I bought this machine just over a month ago to replace my very old sunbeam food saver. Went to use it and could not get the lid to close. Watched the demos from sunbeam and was still unable to close the lid so I returned it to Harvey Norman where I purchased it. I wanted to upgrade it to the next model which has the closing knob at the side and very easy to close but as the young sales assistant managed to close it I was informed that it was in good working order and after a consultation with her manager, I was informed there was nothing they could do to help. Very disappointed with the outcome as I have been going to the same Harvey Norman store for years.

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics.

Food Sealers

Find out how FoodSaver Urban Series Cut & Seal VS6100 compares to other Food Sealers

HighEndShaversOnly
    HighEndShaversOnlyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Junk. Do not waste time & money on this.

Bought about 18 months ago. Barely used it as it was fiddly to use and the bags always lost their seal within a few days. Bought some containers last week to try out the hose function, and the unit won’t even turn on anymore! It’s only been used a few times and is out of warranty. Horrendous waste of money. Stay well away.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Lizzy L.

Wanted to like it, but disappointed

Purchased in May 2020 for $160.00.

Richard G.
    Richard G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It works well enough for me

As a first go at vac sealing it is good enough. I'd say it is an entry level unit and if it dies I may well upgrade to a more pro version that would handle wet sealing better. I don't think it's as bad as many of the other reviews here make out - but this is just my experience with my machine. I don't find it hard to use, it goes in a cupboard when I'm not using it. It doesn't really do wet sealing so if that's what you want it for I'd look elsewhere but for sealing stuff for sous vide it's a damn sight better than ziplock bags

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $229.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
    the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
    Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
    budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers
    Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
    fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020
    Shota Higuchi
    Shota Higuchi

Poor sealing function

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $150.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Doesn’t seal well.

Ok for dry food, but not for wet. The seal is not good, and even after multiple sealing cycles, many times the seal is not perfect. Would have been better off with a more professional product. I used the bags/rolls that were supplied with the unit. I guess you get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
    Customer C.Sunbeam
    Food Sealers

B.GR
    B.GRAdelaide

Poor product

Purchased this from David Jones, thinking it was a good product for the money; however it has poor vacuum sealing ability with air still trapped inside the bag, and defiantly not worth the money. Spoke to David Jones and they basically don’t want anything to do with it, expensive mistake.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
    mitchamus
    mitchamusNew South Wales

Works great plus easy to use

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Charlene
    Charleneasked

Just purchased yesterday and can’t get it to work. When locked should you be able to pull the bags out. No lights come on as if there’s no power

gazza48

Hi....sorry we could not even get it to vacuum seal on either machine. We bought the first one and it did not heat or vacuum seal. Took it back and got it replaced. Same issue so we took it back and got our money back. We researched and paid a bit more and bought a Livele which is brilliant and has not missed a beat

Peter

I could not get my machine to work, during my first 2 hours of use. It is a common problem. I am going to blame Sunbeam, for the quality of their documentation, ( which I have asked to fix ).

I have just done some experimenting with my 2 x VS6100 machines ; so I can answer your questions.

Place open end of a bag into the jaws of the Food Sealer. Press left and right edge of cover and you will hear a PAIR of clicking noises. BUT, there will be NO green light, left hand side, close to the 'VS6100' logo. The bag is not secure and is easily pulled out. ( I call 'first click' - line up the bag or ready to store away the machine after use. )

NOW, press even harder, on both left and right corners. There will be a second PAIR of clicks, AND the first green led will appear. GOOD, ready to go. The bag can NOT be pulled out. It is stuck for both Sealing the bag and the Vacuum & Sealing of the bag.

Peter

Another Tip : The pre-made bags are good, because they are ready to be filled and then [Vacuum & Seal]. The opening should be placed over or into the small removable green trough. I like to have heaps of spare room in the bag. This makes sure the opening is nice and flat in the jaws. I double click, to get my first green light. Then I take a moment to even out the contents, make sure there are no sharp edges in the food, nice and flat for the fridge / freezer. I also like to judge how much vacuum I want, by quickly hitting the [Seal], when I am ready.

Tony Q.
    Tony Q.asked

Our VS6000 model will not open It was working fine and we are very pleased with it but when we went to use it this time it will not open as per usual . Any thoughts please

Helen M.asked

How do you turn the food saver 6100 on? It’s plugged in and turned on at the PowerPoint but nothing is happening.

Hi Helen,
    I had the same problem and even took it back to the retailer....you have to push hard down on both sides so there are 2 clicks. Then the green light will come on....

Thank you so much.

Alex J.
    Alex J.

What a stupid design. What’s so bad about having a switch?
    I returned it as I hated the “on” (non switch)

See all FoodSaver Urban Series Cut & Seal VS6100 questions

Get an answer from our members and FoodSaver representatives

CategoryFood Sealers