FoodSaver GameSaver VS9000

5.0 from 1 review · View Statistics
Listing monitored by FoodSaver

1 review

Perfect for the outdoors

Love the GameSaver. We had one of the home use FoodSavers first and that was great but it did struggle a bit when we had a lot of meat to seal. The GameSaver has no issues with a big batch at all, is lighter than our previous one, and just tougher all around. Couldn’t recommend higher.

Purchased in December 2018.

Sunbeam
    Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Jess,
    Thank you for your great, positive comments!!!!

Gazevsasked

How many seals before it overheats and needs to cool down? All models I've tried can only be used for a few minutes continuously before they overheat and need a while to cool down...

Jess
    Jess

We regularly put 25-30kg of venison mince through our GameSaver, sealing in 1 kg bags and have never had it stop to cool down. I double seal our bags so two seals on top and bottom or 4 seals per 1kg of mince. A bit of quick math and I think that’s somewhere around 100-120 practically continuous seals (to be fair I stop to get more mince to keep going and also to make a bunch of bags with the bottom 2 seals done so that I can fill them faster) without it needing to stop. We had the problem with one of the ‘home’ models of the FoodSavers and it was so frustrating because we’d constantly have to stop the whole flow of things with our mincing to let it cool down. Haven’t had the issue since getting the GameSaver more than 2 years ago.

Gazevs

Great response, thanks. I have a Sunbeam VAC430 that overheats after e few uses and is very 'domestic'.

Mara P.
    Mara P.asked

How long does food or near last in these vacuum bags in the fridge please

Sunbeam
    Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Mara P.
    Please see Preservation Guidelines table on page 15:

Get an answer from our members and FoodSaver representatives

CategoryFood Sealers