SB4400, SB4100, SB4300

2.8

Megan B.

Megan B.Perth, WA

The welds broke

I bought this ironing board 5 years ago, not the best ironing board but it did the job, till yesterday. I was happily ironing and the welds snapped on the legs. Luckily I was ironing on carpet and my iron survived the full. I got injured though, but only a few bruises. My trusty Big W ironing board is still going after 25 years, so I may go buy one of those again.

Purchased in June 2014 at The Good Guys for $169.00.

Hi Megan B.
So sorry to hear of this. Please contact Sunbeam on 1300 881 861 and we can assist you further. Kind Regards,
Sunbeam .

EssDee54Sydney, NSW

Overpriced junk that falls to pieces - buy elsewhere instead and get value for money

• +1Thumbnail

Hi EssDee54
So sorry to hear of your experience with both the ironing board and the service. Please call us on 1300 881 861 and we will certainly assist you.

nixjet

nixjetSydney, NSW

Great Ironing Board

As far a ironing boards go - this one is solid, dependable and reliable. I bought it to use in a unit that I have rented out so it needs to be tough and stand up to some solid treament. I have not had an issue with it to date.

Ironing Boards

Find out how Sunbeam Mode compares to other Ironing Boards

Heppo

HeppoPerth, WA

Ironing board surface has ridges. Not good!!!

I will be taking this ironing board back to the shop because each cross bar along the ironing board causes a ridge across the ironing board. One of these is near the pointy end so affects most items being ironed.

I have always had perfectly flat ironing boards, so find this to be very strange. It causes the diamond pattern of the metal base to come through onto the shirts being ironed because the applied ironing pressure is suddenly varied due to an unexpectedly different surface height.

I suggest you don't buy this item.
It is stable, and has a nice pull out tray to rest the iron on
Ironing surface has noticeable ridges across it

Brendan K.Sunbeam
EileenGarraway

EileenGarrawayVic, 3178

Good

I chose this ironing board because of the coat hanger slot, to me that made it easier because I did not have to walk to place the irone item either on a curtain track or the back of a chair, great idea. This ironing board is easy to assemble and put down, has a decent thickness in the ironing board cover and does not slide around when you are ironing because of the rubber feet. Good job sunbeam for trying to make life a little bit more easier for us ladies, thankyou.
The coat hanger slot.
I still have to iron (not your fault)

Tracy

Tracyasked

Mode SB4300

Though this ironing board is very heavy I have enjoyed using it until today when I went to put it up and the legs had come apart. The welding on the legs just came apart. I can see from other reviews this is a common problem.

EssDee54

What I meant about it being heavy is that the ironing board is heavier than the average lightweight cheapie ironing boards that wobble and are unsteady when you iron. The Sunbeam model is a solid unit that remains totally stable when you iron, which makes ironing more pleasurable. I eventually forced the issue with The Good Guys, from where I had bought my original faulty unit, and they replaced it with an identicsl model after conceeding thst the nature of the fault must have been a manufacturing defect for it to haved failed like it did. I have had no problems with the replacement ironing board so maybe it may have been just a bad batch of ironing boards that came out of Sunbeam's manufacturing facility. Unfortunately sometimes such things happen in life. Look at motor vehicle recalls and how often they happen!

Peter E.asked

Mode

We have a Sunbeam Ironing board that has broken at the welded lugs on one of the legs - at the board end. I think its about 2-3years old, maybe 4.
It has wheels at one end, the rubberised pull out rack for the iron to sit, and clothes hangers to be placed.
Is this a warranty issue? Can a new set of legs be replaced without replacing the whole unit?
Thanks,
Peter.

EssDee54

I took it back to the Good Guys even though it was out of warranty. The ACCC specifically states with regard to warranties that products should be fit for purpose and that it would be expected that, as in this case, an ironing board would not fail in the manner yours and mine has,

I refer you to the following link, which is teh ACCC document I relied on to get a replacement ironing board:

Essentially, it says that a consumer should reasonably expect an item to perform for its intended purpose and should, as in the case of an orning board, not have welds fail for explicable reasons. Clearly, they failed because of faulty manufacturing processes.

Thank you EssDee54.
Much appreciated. ;-)

sandi

sandiasked

Mode

I would like to buy a new Sunbeam ironing board but I have two requirements - I would like wheels, and the over length of the board & legs, must fit into a 150cm cupboard. What do you recommend please?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Sandi. Unfortunately none of our ironing boards would fit in a 150cm cupboard. Our smallest ironing board is 152cm in height when folded. The only option would be the SB1300 but this is a table top ironing board.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare all 3 Sunbeam Mode