MPNs: SNB-TA7720 and TA7720

Great while it worked

Started out great. Needed it on a very low setting as it toasts so quickly. But today it decided to throw the electrical safety switch. Was bought almost 3 months ago and doesn't get as much use as in most homes so it has worked out at more than $1 per use. I know it will be covered under warranty but I do expect things to last a little longer.

Purchased in November 2018 for $85.00.

Even Toasting Yes
HI Jan, so sorry this has happened but occasionally some items slip through the cracks. Please return to your store of purchase.

Lasted 4 years

Looks good and worked well. Not heavily used, so not sure if 4 years a good life.
Toasted all types of bread and worked well on all. Breadstick of course jams.

Purchased in December 2015.

Hi Toasted Fingers. Thanks for the review!

after 6 months my toaster no longer works

The sunbeam needs two goes to toast the bread , the first does little than warm it up , the second burns it. it seems "turbo" only kicks in on the second attempt this I could live with but now the toaster is no longer working EXTREMELY disappointed as I have always trusted sunbeam but no longer

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi, As this is under warranty, please return to store as it sound like it is not working as it should

Not impressed

I've had this toaster for 6 months now and I'm unimpressed. It toasts one side of the bread, so you have to flip it and toast twice, making the whole process 'not turbo'. It also does not cook the inside of the bread whatsoever so you're left with an unevenly cooked surface and doughy in the middle.
On the plus side, it looks nice and feels nice, and I like the dial. but what is the point if it doesn't do what it's meant to? It should be a third of its price as it is a very average toaster. Nothing special.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Poppy. Because the elements in the Turbo Toaster are more powerful than those of a standard toaster, you will see the outside of your bread toasting quicker thus limiting the amount of time that the centre of the bread is exposed to the residual heat of the elements. In regards to the issue you have of your bread only toasting on one side, can you please give our customer care team a call on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.Thank you for contacting me. I've contacted customer care and have returned the toaster and received a refund. I'll give you 5 stars for customer care. Good customer service :-)Thanks Poppy, glad we could assist!

Best Of Best

Wonderful fast Toaster

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Absolute cracker!

When a car lover goes to buy a toaster and sees one called "Turbo" it was love at first site! Once I took it home it proved to be everything I wanted and more! This thing is so fast its crazy, best toaster I've ever purchased. Only need a small 2 slice toaster even for a family of 5 cause this thing is so stinking fast!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Heap of rubbish.

Only just 1 year 6 months old and of course out of warranty which is always the case. Now its not working. Don't waste your money on this toaster. For the price I expected it to last a lot longer. Called where I purchased it from also they would not help.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

An Overpriced Poor Performer

After reading positive reviews I purchased this toaster. It browns on one side only, leaving the other side soft and uncooked. It also burns the toast in a few seconds if you try to reheat. What a disappointment and a total waste of $99.00. Sunbeam was a trustworthy brand. Disappointing.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Close to Perfection. As good as it gets.

I have owned this toaster for just over a year and I am very happy with it. Usual price then was $99 so when Myer advertised a promo of $79, I snapped it up without hesitation. This toaster feels solid and durable. And I like the fingerprint-resistant material on the sides.

The biggest issue is the uneven toasting. I found that the top and bottom halves of the bread do not toast uniformly. I like my toast to be dark and crunchy, but on a setting close to the max, I found the top of the bread was overdone and the bottom underdone. I soon figured out a workaround. Rather than a single toasting cycle of 7 or 8, what I started doing is TWO back-to-back toasting cycles each on a setting somewhere between 2 and 3. Only the second time, I first invert the bread. Result? Delicious and perfect toast every time!

One little word of caution. I realise the manual points this out on two different pages, but in addition there really should also be the word "HOT" on the top surface (not just "DO NOT COVER") for people like me who are forgetful. Sunbeam legal team might want to take note of this.

P.S. I bake my own bread (which I much prefer to commercial loaves) - so YMMV.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Best toaster I have ever owned!

I just recently purchased the Turbo Toaster after the old one died, my husband doesn't like his toast dried out so I thought it might do the trick, not being in the toaster for too long. The whole family is very happy with our new toaster, it is so quick and the toasting is very even. It has to be the best toaster I have ever used!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very happy with the Turbo Toaster

After my last toaster (Siemens) decided to go into retirement after almost 12 years, I wanted to do my some research before getting a new one. After spending a little time on ProductReview, I chose to buy the Sunbeam TA7720 which had more good than bad reviews. The delivery was fast (Appliances Online).
After almost three months of daily use, I must say that we are very happy with it. It does exactly what it says, it toasts really fast (turbo!), the controls are absolutely foolproof and the fan works very quietly. The reheat button is also very useful, you don't need to toast it a second time...but if you do, only give it another zap on 1, leave it in for 5 seconds only, if you leave it longer it's burnt.
It's a really good toaster and I hope it will last us as long as my old one (I am an optimist).
Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great toaster

After toasters that seem to need to heat up and poor toasting results, I did the research this time. So many toasters with poor reviews, but this one had more good than bad. Am very pleased with my purchase. Easy controls. Quick worker. No need to toast a second time. Was going to purchase online, but slow delivery. Local retail store matched online price and only inconvenience was 2 phone calls and a visit to a Jb HiFi a bit further away.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Caution: electrically unsafe product

Out of the box the fan didn't seem to be working - either that or Sunbeam have invented the quietest fan ever manufactured. There is a vent on the side which appears to be the intake for the fan, but there was no flow of air being drawn in helping to confirm suspicions that the fan was not functioning.
The toaster needed to be cranked up to maximum to brown toast and even then with some bread types they were only lightly toasted.
Worked around this though but after about two weeks the toaster repeatedly tripped the ELCB circuit shutting down power throughout the house.
Going back for a refund today!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Finally a really good toaster!!

We bought this toaster after throwing out the Sunbeam Cafe Series TA-9205 4 slice toaster - totally useless (see review elsewhere on this site).

Anyway, thought we would give Sunbeam one more try and they didnt let us down the Turbo Toaster well and truly lives up to its name - this toaster is brilliant, fast and toasts very evenly.

It is really fast and you cant leave it if you put the toast down for a second time as it will burn it within about 20 secs. I highly recommend this toaster it is really great and so glad to finally see a good toaster after so many crappy toasters (expensive or not) over the past few years. You will not be disappointed with this toaster.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

It does what it said, at least for 12 months!

Brought home my new turbo toaster yesterday, so many bad reviews on other toasters but no reviews on this one. So no news is good news. This morning test time and the toaster toasts evenly on both sides in 1 minute on 4 for Sour dough, white bread got a bit overdone on 3.5. Amazed and pleased.

Unfortunately 12.1/2 months after purchase it has electrical problems and the lever no longer stays down!

Date PurchasedDec 2016