Sustagen Hospital Formula

Sustagen Hospital Formula

3.2

MaggsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Optimum works for me

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$33.00.

Jaimee O.

Jaimee O.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

This stuff has been keeping me alive for the last few months

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for A$24.99.

VickySydney, NSW

Terrific product!

An excellent formula that tastes great and provides me with the nutrition I need to supplement my limited food intake.

Purchased in February 2020.

Rebecca H.

Rebecca H.Canberra 2600, ACT

Gives me back the energy I had lost!

The formula is truly amazing and the taste is great. I enjoy having this everyday to help maintain a balanced diet and energy levels to the max. I highly recommend you try it.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for A$20.00.

Nola

NolaWindsor

Re Sustagen Hospital Vanilla.

I was under the impression that Sustagen Hospital Vanilla was not as noticeably sweet in the past as it is now. I know now that it is not my imagination and that it is a lot sweeter than it was 12 months ago when I was taking it as a dietary supplement for quite a while and it did accomplish what it was supposed to do.

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$26.00.

gerry161

gerry161Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excessive Price

heaps of sugar and excessive price not healthy, also gave me the runs....it has many user negatives.

Purchased in October 2019 at given at hospital.

Tyler B.

Tyler B.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect

Tastes amazing gives so much energy and good for when your in a rush and have no time for breakfast i would highly recommend this to anyone super thankful of this product

Erhan

ErhanShepparton

Amazing!

How many times a day can i take sustagen as i cannot eat any solid foods? I know it says recommended is 2 times, but can i take it 3 or even 4 times if necessary?

Purchased in February 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$26.00.

Ajay K

Ajay KMelbourne

Sustagen hospital strawberry

I have tried Pediasure, Sustagen Kids Vanilla. My kid likes Sustagen strawberry, she had growth & weight problems.
We started to use Sustagen hospital strawberry drink she put on height and weight.

Milena

Milena

Sustagen hospital

Sustagen hospital is great, but it doesn't dissolve properly, even though I mix it with boiling water, before I add the milk. I end up with a pile of ''gunk'' at the bottom of my glass, that I have to wash down the sink.

Mel

MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Changed taste of Vanilla

Cass

CassGold Coast

Correcting misconceptions about the product

Way too much sugar

The hospital formula contains way too much sugar to be good for your health. Powdered milk and a daily multi-vitamin pill will do exactly the same thing without all that sugar. What a rip-off!

Most effective food replacement

I went through a major operation was unable to eat solid food or even a drink 4 ten days due to a ruptured esophagus. This drink was the only product that i was able to consume Vanilla was great compared to the more sickly flavours make sure it is the hospital version. Ensure is another brand at the chemist great flavour a bit more expensive.

Niens

NiensWestern Australia

It's been the best thing for my child

My child battles to pick up weight. (Wish I had the same problem ;-)) We have been from carbs to full creams and more (meats) protein diets and nothing works like sustagen. She trains really hard and we have found that sustagen helps her through "tough" training. The doctor and dietician also suggested to drink it after a muscle injury that didn't want to heal. We feel that it did the job and I will recommend it to people doing "real"training.

MPH

MPHSydney

This product is a scam!

Calling this a 'Hospital Formula' is such a scam. This product is just dried milk, sugar and a fairy sprinkle of synthetic vitamins. You would be better off having a glass of milk and a piece of fruit. It is NOT healthy. Synthetic vitamins, at the level in this product, do not encourage healthy eating or promote health. If you want the extra vitamins/minerals you are better off taking a multivitamin/mineral tablet (with the milk and fruit!). The fact that doctors and nurses promote this in hospitals is such a scam and shows their level of nutritional knowledge is so inadequate (do they get kick backs I wonder?).

Sickly sweet! Made me nauseous. Would not buy it again for anyone.

The sugar content of this formula was so high I could not drink it. Has the formula changed in the last few years?It is so sweet it is sickly.

Pat

Pat

New vanilla fibre - Optimum

I have always used Optimum and have found it brilliant. I had to buy the new vanilla the other day because Optimum was out of stock and found it too hard to digest. I don't know why but it just didn't agree with me. Fortunately I've gone back to Optimum with no problems qgain.

February 5th 2018 Update: Sustagen Hospital Formula

I use Sustagen everyday. I feel it has kept me healthy throughout my illnesses and I have tried the new vanilla and coffee flavours. They are fantastic.

Why the sugar content

This supliment has all the nessesary ingredients then they kill it with so much sugar it's undrinkable .
Sugar and salt should not be involved in any health suppliment
as any nutritional expert will agree.

BPS

BPSAU

Too sweet in taste and smell

Proform Nutritional Supplement in neutral is fantastic, I've not tried vanilla or chocolate but I doubt they'd be as sweet as Sustagen. Sadly the neutral sustagen is too sweet.

Finlay M.asked

Is having sustagen for dinner a healthy eating behaviour?

Maggs

Sustagen Optimum ( which I use) can be used in place of a meal if you have no appetite thru' illness or stress
It's not part of a fad /slimming diet ... it contains all the vitamins and minerals you'd normally get in a healthy meal, I've not gained or lost weight after 4 mnths but I do have more energy and feel better after months of little and very poor appetite

Finlay M.

so you can have it for dinner?

wally w

wally wasked

can sustagen hospital formula cause stomach upset/pain

Maggs

It shouldn't, unless you're maybe allergic to one or more of the ingredients? I use Sustagen optimum and haven't had any issues but, there's another poster here who was feeling sickly after switching from Optimum to the Active formula, perhaps your Dr could advise you to get some tests?

idaspida51

idaspida51asked

My husband has COPD. Is sustagen hospital formula ok for him. As he is not eating as much as he used to.

Vicky

Hi there I have been using Sustagen Hospital Formula for over 2 years as a supplement to my diet. I have difficulty eating because my mouth opening is restricted as a result of radiation damage following surgery to remove a cancer in my palate. The Sustagen was recommended by hospital nutritionists and has enabled me to maintain my weight. I prefer the vanilla as opposed to chocolate flavour. I use full cream milk and add plain Greek yoghurt, fruit (banana or mixed berries) and a weetbix. This gives me a beaut smoothie which is full of goodness and easy to drink. If this is too rich for your husband add a little cold water. Good luck. Vicky Edema