Suzuki GSX1250FA

Suzuki GSX1250FA

GSX1250FAL0 and GSX1250FAL2

See the Best Sport Touring Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great Bike, and fun

Just had it for a few weeks, it is awesome.
Commutes well, great fun in the hills, covers distance easily.
Rides like a smaller bike when you are handling and steering it.
The torque available is fantastic, rides like a big bike when you twist the throttle.
The seat seems a little uncomfortable after an hour or so.
The fuel consumption seems a little high around town, I may be a little over exuberant for fuel economy.
Haven't done a proper country run to figure out the economy there, I was still getting used to the fuel gauge then.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

simple and reliable, great for high mileage ownership!

Prior bike was a Kawasaki GTR 1400 (Concours 14 in other country's) Mate has a 1250 Suzuki with 130,000km, still on original discs and factory brake pads. Ability of the GSX1250FA around corners and fuel efficiency that is remarkable. Try 5.1L per 100km? My Bandit feels so easy to punt briskly around bends compared to my Kawasaki GTR 1400. Pillion comfort quite reasonable. A plethora of aftermarket bits available including panniers and top boxes. Ease of service, purchase price and inherrant reliability were also attractive parts of the ownership experience.

Date PurchasedAug 2011

My GSX1250FA

After deciding to get back into bike riding I came across the GSX1250FA. The complete offering was one of value and drivability I couldn't go past. It's an easy bike to ride, not heavy to push around the corners - or the garage!, it steers, stops, and goes well and loves the open road. Very happy with my purchase and I can recommend this bike to anyone like me who just loves riding - not racint.
Larger fuel tank (19lt) ABS standard. Great value package. Good reliability reputation
Gear changing 1-3 is a bit clunky - could be me or could be normal for this bike. Nothing else!

I suspect that the gear clunking issue mentioned in Gazza05's review may have been just that the bike was new and hadn't been fully run in yet. Based on past and present ownership of a number of Suzuki's, similar experiences disappeared between odometer readings of 5000km to 10000km. Any responses supporting that position?
Hi Marc. I now have just over 8000 klm's on the clock (I only ride once a month or so) and although the gear changes have smoothed out a bit, 1st - 3rd are generally still clunky. Interestingly when the bike is cold (at start up) the changes are silky smooth. Cheers GazzaThe Suzi seems to change best at higher revs, compared to my prior Kawasaki GTR14 it feels like a hot knife through butter!

Suzuki GSX1250FAL0Suzuki GSX1250FAL2