Suzuki GSX1400

• Suspension
  • Fuel Efficiency
  • Comfort
  • Handling

Superb bike and a keeper..

Purchased in June 2019 for A$3,000.00.

Noise Level
Comfort
Handling
Peter

PeterRaby, NSW

A great bike. Say no more

Beautiful on the highway. Loves it. Rock steady, with loads of power. Feels very sure footed and overtaking is never a problem. Have done a few interstate tepid with a passenger and gear, and you wouldn't know you were pulling any weight. Lots of torque, and does hills with ease.
Equally at home in city riding. Haven't met an owner that's had a bad thing to say about the 1400.
Best of all.... It LOOKS like a motorbike should. Mine had 42000 kays when I got it and just ticked over 100,000. Still running great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012
Noslek

NoslekSalisbury, United Kingdom

15 years new!

Date PurchasedApr 2003

NowHandWasher

NowHandWasherBrisbane

How sweet it is to ride something just like the early days (70's - 80's).

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Dreams of the past

Never a fan of first runs I waited for the K2 to come about. Grabbed it from a great dealership in Dalby, whacked a quick thousand Kay’s on the big girl, had her serviced and headed straight for Phillip Island. 2 weeks, 4378 km. ahh!!. Run like a true champion for another 2 years till I got t boned. End result, bike dead, me alive. Love to own another.

Date PurchasedAug 2002

get one be for you crock it mate

Date PurchasedJan 2015
kiddo
kiddo

Torque MONSTER

Never thought i would like a bike as much as my trusty old VFR800,boy was i wrong.Owned this bike for 2 weeks ,and i just can't get enough of riding it.Put in heaps of K's already.Handles the twisties like it's on rails,pulls hard through every gear,and brakes with the best of them.I can see how people want to put heaps of K's on them because the seating position is just right,along with a really well padded seat. I can't wait till tomorrow ,when i'm going on another all dayer. Throttle response is very smooth and not snatchy at all.Getting lots of response from admirers .Can't believe Suzuki stopped making these.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Distance eater!

The 1400 is an awesome bike.I have owned dozens of bikes in 42 years on the road.Everything from twin two strokers to four cylinder four strokes and none were the all rounder that the big gixer is.It is passive when you need it to be and a beast when you want it to be.It's weight is not a problem,yes I go through tyres but I use all the tyre,no chicken strips on my rides.In the shed I have three Suzuki's all have high milage but the 1400 is the highest with....wait for it....310000km's.The only thing that has been replaced is the throttle bodies and of course the standard pipes were replaced with a Yoshimura system,this bike still goes hard.Long live the King!

Date PurchasedJan 2008
Norton1973

Norton1973Brisbane, Qld

The best bike ever!

The only thing wrong with this bike is nothing ever goes wrong and I enjoy fixing things but I also have an old Norton to play with as well, really the gsx1400 does everything well!
Awesome motor, great suspension stable and comfortable, to my eye it looks great as well but then I don't like the Harley inspired American cruiser look.

Eddo

EddoSouth East Queensland, QLD

A Great All Rounder!

Stunning bike

Owned this bike k5 with yoshimura dual oval for 3 yrs. had lots of bikes in the past. I was always looking for something else. Not now, this bike is the best bike ever, unfortunately discontinued in 2006. Newer bikes bking, bandit 1250. Never replaced the mighty 14. Mines a keeper as long as I can get my leg over, which I hope is for many yrs to come.

Mark W

Mark WHolyhead UK

Superb!

I have owned this bike (K5) for just over 2 weeks and I am suitably impressed. I am 57 and this bike has rekindled my big japanese bike youth. I have had several bikes over the years but in all honesty this big bruiser has stolen my heart. I chose to set up the suspension as per MCN settings and it behaves just right for me at 15 stone 5ft 11inches, it has a small givi screen that does the job and an after market beowulf can that sounds just right. I just love the grunt in any gear. For those of you who are contemplating - well don't, buy one!!

corey sauckland, nz

Simple styling, well executed. welcome to the Torque monster

Date PurchasedNov 2011

William AMelbourne

Black 08 GSX1400

How Good Can It Get

I've ridden nakeds since 18 (including the "waterbottle") and now with the GSX1400 and at 60 (a Ulyssean)I've got the last bike I'll ever need and the best.
The GSX1400 is brilliant for commuting and touring. Its smooth power band is brilliant for cornering or just getting out of that tight spot. I've changed the pipe to a carbon fibre Scorpion which is a massive improvement!
I'm big, but two up (with my big lady) makes little difference. Brilliant machine to slide a leg over.

Phil

Philmelbourne

Simply the best bike I've ever ridden.

I bought my K7 over two years ago with 38,000kms and now its up to 54,000kms mostly commuting with no problems whatsoever. Acceleration is not as fast as you might expect for the size of the motor but it's more than enough to make you smile in any gear and it sits on just 3000rpm at 100kph. It corners well, stops well and it's comfortable for long rides. There are still plenty of low km GSX1400s around for well under $10,000 so grab a bargain while you can, you won't regret it.

VladTepesBrisbane

A Mixed Blessing

VladTepes

I've done a lot of stuff on the bike - mostly aesthetic - since posting this review.
It's nearing the 99,000 kms mark, still going well and I'm just as in love with it as ever !
Definitely a keeper.

Monaroman68

Monaroman68AU

The be all and end all of big capacity bikes!

KEV KOALA

The right side of the tyre will wear more that the left because of the camber of the road. Yanks will have the opposite problem.

so much fun

i have an 03 silver mod i bought new in 04 I have changed the exhaust and that's all have done 55 thousand ks and
it has not once mist a beat robust torquey engine good brakes crape seat. did I mention the engine just sweet
cool styling just like having it in the shed .will never part with one .an absolute all-rounder
torque in all 6 gears from idel
seat is on a bit of an angle to stop you from shooting of the back (probably not such a bad idea)

Very good

Went from a 2001 bandit ,which I loved but it was getting old, .the 1400 feels heavy at first but once you get used to it its surprisingly agile,does everything a little bit better than the bandit ,after market pipe makes a huge difference as do top of the range tyres
fast ,comfortable,looks mean
feels heavy at low speed ,hard on tyres

James Botingnu

James Botingnuasked

My Name is Mr James Botingnu from Papua New Guinea and I got a Suzuki GSX1400 2004 year make and to get service parts and accessories who are the dealers currently I can be in contact to supply me parts? You can email me contacts of the current Supply on my email No.[name removed] Thanks

Emad faramarzi

Emad faramarziasked

Dear sir, I have the suzuki gsx 1400 2008 special edition, but I want to chand the new exhaust and headers to duble like 2004, if you have the exhaust please email to this email address: emad_faramarzi@yaho.com
Best regards!

corey s

Sorry champ. I can't help you on this one

William A

Sorry mate I don't have the double exhaust or the headers. Your best bet would be to try a wreckers to see if they have any that are not damaged. You could also try the website www.gsx1400.org. It is a gsx 1400 owners club which is world wide. I hope this helps. Good luck and stay upright!

mark

markasked

Are you able to adjust the length of the rear shocks off a gsx1400 k7?

Simon
Simon

Not that I'm aware of .

mick

what are you trying to do. more load ? adjust your spring .lifting blocks will give you more ground clearance and make the bike turn in to corners better .apparently. they bolt under your shocks to swing arm lifting the bike up. cheers

corey s

You can get raisers for the rear, but i would suggest you invest in better aftermarket units, with an appropriate spring rate for your weight.
This will give you a much better result.

CategorySport Touring Bikes