2Suzuki GSX650F

95% · 181 · 5%

Mileage 8,250 km
Noise Level
Handling
See the Best Sport Touring Bikes in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Garry
GarryQLDNorth Queensland, QLD

Great Comfy Machine

I have had bikes all my life from 7years old. Raced on dirt and tarmac. This little suzuki is brilliant. Comfort for me 184cm 90 kg is super. Only thing that I would like is a centre stand. It will do 70mpg or 4lt per 100k. Thrashing it it will drink more. You dont need anymore power. I love it. I’m upgrading the suspension and it will be perfect then. This is because the damping is poor. Hit a bump and the back springs up lifting you out of the seat. Also the forks bottom out. Show details
Andrew P
Andrew PAU2 posts

Mohinder
Mohinder

This is perfection!

Bought this as my first bike, I didnt even knew what kind of bike I wanted, but GSXF650 gave me more than I expected, I think its one of the best choice for a beginner. Plenty of power, smoothness, and pleasure. Engine works and sounds so nicely and if you got yourself a LeoVince exhaust with a DB killer out... man it's Godlike!!! 10/10 Show details
Overall
Noise Level
GCVQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Perfect Allrounder

Full powered 2008 model. This bike fits the bill for anyone wanting a mid size comfortable sports tourer. Its not a super sports rocket but has more than enough power for day to day riding, and i can still feel my fingers after 30mins. It is a heavier bike and makes you feel extremely planted on the road, especially freeways. Mirrors are the best i have had on a bike in over 30 years of riding. The ride is very comfortable and this bike handles much better than it should.

For a budget sports tourer, Suzuki have got this one spot on!!

SamCanada2 posts

shwell
shwellVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC13 posts

scottc24382 posts

Trucking Biker2 posts

KAvandenBerg
KAvandenBergNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Couldn't have wished for a better bike to learn on!

At 6'2", 100kgs i wanted a man size bike, and i got everything i wished for! My first bike, and although initially she was a bit heavy, i quickly found my comfort zone! ..Plenty of power! ..Smooth ride! ..Also big and visible!! ..The only thing i would improve is a bit more sound ..but that's an easy aftermarket exhaust fix!

ClarkeytheSparkie
ClarkeytheSparkieNSWSydney, NSW3 posts

Nino17
Nino17

Worst Bike

Bought the bike 3 months ago. I work away so its always garaged and turned on a couple of times a week to run. Never had it for a full week as i keep taking it back to the dealership because of fuel problems. Do not buy one, waste of money and time!

Rastus
Rastus

Great bike

Great bike, heard other horror stories about other makes,would definitely buy another Suzuki.

Corners very well, good fuel consumption,very predictable

Would recommend to anyone buying a first bike. Would buy centre stand and rack and bag for ease of servicing and oiling and adjusting chain. Just replaced chain and sprocket at 30K
Never let me down, started first try after sitting for a month.

Boo
Boo

Humphrey bear
Humphrey bearAU3 posts

The Perfect Companion

This is my first bike as a legal road user, Where do i start.... It's smooth and forgiving a few times i have had a compression lockup because i downshifted one too many times and every time its pulled back into line with ease. The stock exhaust is a little bulky but is nice and shiny :D. Power is there up till about 6k then it tapers as per the LAMS restriction which i find better then say the LAMS ninja which has a throttle block.
Power Delivery, Aesthetics, Stable and Sure Footed
Exhaust is a little big and cannot be easily modified as the end cap screws are tig welded onto the end cap.
David Randall
David Randall2 posts

Wayne C.
Wayne C.

Hi just after a bit of help to put my 2008 gsx650f into dealer mode it has a different plug then the one that people are posting it seems to be a 8 pin plug with 6 wires happy for any help

Murray G.
Murray G.

What are the gsx 650fdifference from 2008 to the 2012 if any

Sam

Major difference is the introduction of ABS from 2010 model on. Other than that nothing of significance. I would suggest ABS for this or any bike if available.

GCV

Nothing that I know of. There was a colour change. 2011 models were blue / silver.

Shady
Shady

Hi I have a gsx650f with a denso 32920-17h71 ecu . trying to derestricted from lams. Sites say cut wire 30 but has two plugs. What one do I disconnect big plug or small

Andyrock81
Andyrock81

Take a look at this thread

scottc2438

Sorry can't help. Mine is unrestricted

Trucking Biker

Hi Shady sorry mine is unrestricted but I don't think you have to cut the wire you should be able to unplug it, but can't really advise because I do believe that they are different to the UK.

Extra Information