Suzuki SV650

• Fuel Efficiency
  • Comfort
  • Handling

dx020406AU

Tell me something that is wrong with one of these.

Bought a 2018 650X - that's the cafe version with the low bars and round headlight.
Beautiful engine and at nearly 80hp means that there aren't a lot of guys who can outride one of these.
Handling is great and so fast cornering is easy. A lot of very good bike for the money ($7400 with 6000k on it)
Checked the valve clearances which meant stripping off a bit of gear and they were good but I'm not feeling like doing the shim replacements when due - looks scary. It's a long way removed from the Moto Guzzi V7.
I rode a R E 650 Interceptor before buying this. SV is light years ahead.

Swanny199

Swanny199South East Queensland, QLD

The wolf in LAMS clothing

Purchased in April 2017 at Suzuki Dealers for A$8,000.00.

Mileage16,000 km

JonnoSouth East Queensland, QLD

A very competent All Rounder in a good compact size

Purchased in August 2018.

Mileage8,600 km
Sport Touring Bikes

Find out how Suzuki SV650 compares to other Sport Touring Bikes

Graham

GrahamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Come on guys! I don't believe it's only the girls who LOVE these things!

Purchased in March 2019 at Private sale for A$4,200.00.

Mileage1,400 km
andyhere

andyhereAU

strong motor, reliable, fun

I bought the 2006 SV 650S with 35000 k's, Changed the tyres to Michelin PR 4's, great traction dry and wet. Had a full service and given thumbs up on a great buy. These machines require minimal maintenance, in saying that, fluid changes, chain checks, tyre pressure and this machine will run forever. The handling is exceptional and the big v twin pulls up quick. I am up to 41 500 k's now and thoroughly enjoying the ride. A good learner bike but be careful, there is a lot of power there. For an experienced rider, a lot of fun with plenty of power, great clearance.
My only negative, why don't centre stands come with bikes anymore?

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Shinigami

ShinigamiMelbourne, Victoria, 3000

Perfect LAMS bike

Date PurchasedSep 2017

This is my 6th motorbike and my favourite. Couldn't afford to buy or maintain a Monster, this is so close to one, but a hell of a lot easier to live with. It has huge grin factor, I am a small woman (5'1") and not much of me, but the bike is so light and forgiving that I can manage it. Put Yoshi slip ons on and now the sound is awfully naughty.
sound, grin factor, quality, power and gearbox.
front headlight a bit dated

ellenbrae

ellenbrae

This is a very easy bike to ride. Have just upgrated from a Honda CBR125R and I love it. Nice comfy seat and a great upright riding position.
Everything. Looks great & is easy to ride.
Nothing yet - only had for a short time

clogs of old

clogs of oldasked

Greetings,
I have a V Strom 650 A/XA ,unfortunately as I am getting old in the tooth I am looking for a SV650 which is lighter and more maneuverable than my V Strom ,I was informed that one of the SV650 bike you sit a lot higher than some other SV ,can anybody help me please

Jonno

Do not believe that is the case at all. I have also owned a VStrom and I can tell you that the seat height on the SV is much lower than that. Not sure what you mean by "some other SV" - do not believe there would be much difference between the seat height of older SV's or the current model like mine.

dx020406

The SV650 X is a retro styled (somewhat) cafe racer with drop bars. That's what I have so not even suitable.

CategorySport Touring Bikes