Suzuki SV650

Suzuki SV650

See the Best Sport Touring Bikes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Suzuki

• Fuel Efficiency
  • Comfort
  • Handling
dx020406AU

Tell me something that is wrong with one of these.

Bought a 2018 650X - that's the cafe version with the low bars and round headlight.
Beautiful engine and at nearly 80hp means that there aren't a lot of guys who can outride one of these.
Handling is great and so fast cornering is easy. A lot of very good bike for the money ($7400 with 6000k on it)
Checked the valve clearances which meant stripping off a bit of gear and they were good but I'm not feeling like doing the shim replacements when due - looks scary. It's a long way removed from the Moto Guzzi V7.
I rode a R E 650 Interceptor before buying this. SV is light years ahead.

Swanny199
Swanny199South East Queensland, QLD

The wolf in LAMS clothing

Purchased in April 2017 at Suzuki Dealers for $8,000.

JonnoSouth East Queensland, QLD

A very competent All Rounder in a good compact size

Purchased in August 2018.

Graham
GrahamCentral, SA

Come on guys! I don't believe it's only the girls who LOVE these things!

Purchased in March 2019 at Private sale for $4,200.

Sport Touring Bikes

Find out how Suzuki SV650 compares to other Sport Touring Bikes

andyhere
andyhereAU

strong motor, reliable, fun

I bought the 2006 SV 650S with 35000 k's, Changed the tyres to Michelin PR 4's, great traction dry and wet. Had a full service and given thumbs up on a great buy. These machines require minimal maintenance, in saying that, fluid changes, chain checks, tyre pressure and this machine will run forever. The handling is exceptional and the big v twin pulls up quick. I am up to 41 500 k's now and thoroughly enjoying the ride. A good learner bike but be careful, there is a lot of power there. For an experienced rider, a lot of fun with plenty of power, great clearance.
My only negative, why don't centre stands come with bikes anymore?

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Shinigami
ShinigamiMelbourne, Victoria, 3000

Perfect LAMS bike

Date PurchasedSept 2017

This is my 6th motorbike and my favourite. Couldn't afford to buy or maintain a Monster, this is so close to one, but a hell of a lot easier to live with. It has huge grin factor, I am a small woman (5'1") and not much of me, but the bike is so light and forgiving that I can manage it. Put Yoshi slip ons on and now the sound is awfully naughty.
sound, grin factor, quality, power and gearbox.
front headlight a bit dated

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
ellenbrae
ellenbrae

This is a very easy bike to ride. Have just upgrated from a Honda CBR125R and I love it. Nice comfy seat and a great upright riding position.
Everything. Looks great & is easy to ride.
Nothing yet - only had for a short time

Sonya 1asked

Hi. I am looking at buying one of these but have been unable to arrange a test ride. The main thing I want to find out about is the ride quality. The riding I do is on bitumen sealed country roads which are in very poor condition and full of bumps and uneven pavement. I previously owned a Z900RS but had to sell it as the ride was too harsh for me. Any advice you may be able to offer would be appreciated.

clogs of old
clogs of oldasked

Greetings,
I have a V Strom 650 A/XA ,unfortunately as I am getting old in the tooth I am looking for a SV650 which is lighter and more maneuverable than my V Strom ,I was informed that one of the SV650 bike you sit a lot higher than some other SV ,can anybody help me please

dx020406

The SV650 X is a retro styled (somewhat) cafe racer with drop bars. That's what I have so not even suitable.

Get an answer from our members and Suzuki representatives

CategorySport Touring Bikes