Tefal Everyday IH201860

Tefal Everyday IH201860

MPN: IH201860

See the Best Induction Cooktops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Limited applications

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for $89.00.

S TamSydney, NSW

Poor Information

Date PurchasedNov 2018

CoreyAspley

Average at best.

This unit will boil things for you. Like other induction cookers and electric fryers it pulses the heat off and on continuously. The difference between different settings is negligible. It just boils stuff, you won’t see any difference between the different settings except when you go onto manual mode. Overall it seems to cook things too fast at too high a heat. Don’t expect to be able to gently simmere food. This unit will only boil regardless of what setting you have it on.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Almost perfect!!!

Fantastic function with great price..awesome!!!
Fast cooking, adjustable power just with your needs, also low electric consumption. Previously i been used other brand portable induction cooker but Tefal working even better.
Its just your perfect assistant in the kitchen. Its a highly recommended to purchase. I’m been using almost a year and looking forward years ahead to works with.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

fozzy

fozzyMid North Coast, NSW

excellent product

Cannot believe how well it preforms .Just buy it.Read reviews and was sceptical but it preforms as the reviews say it does . Most kitchens will have some cookware that is suitable to use. Amazing product.extremely well priced with easy to understand instructions and controls that make it easy for a ten year old to use

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Celia t

Celia tAdelaide

Tefal you have exceeded my expectations

I did quite a lot of research before purchasing this induction cooker. EOFY sale price drop led me to purchase 2 of them. I am so glad I did. They have been in constant use, performing all tasks asked effortlessly. You don't need all of the extra features other brands offer. This is a simple, easy to use cooker that will do all tasks you could need. A solid little workhorse ! Good looking with a bright display panel and easy to use controls. Thank you tefal.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

John

JohnSydney

Just do it!

Just do it!

This is the better than my large electric home stove as the heat with the Tefal burner is almost instant.

I bought mine in Meyers as the Goodguys were out of stock. So glad for product reviews as I almost bought a philips burner as this was all that the good guys had in stock.

After reading the very poor product reviews on the philips burner and the very positive reviews on the Tefal burner I knew I couldn't go wrong.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Rick

RickSydney, nsw

You wont be disappointed I promise you!

First I just wanted to say a big thanks to Product review, this site really is a game changer and has put the power into the consumers hands... ok back to my review.

The Tefal Everyday Induction is unbelievably good value, with near instant heat, easy to use controls and a nice wight and size. You wont be disappointed I promise you!!!

Please Note: the only requirement is the pans you use to cook have to have a metal alloy that a magnet would stick to for this unit to work. Aluminium and glass pans will not work on this unit!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Rosco513

Rosco513Gippsland, VIC

As usual another great Tefal product

With gas prices rising so fast, I bought the induction hob. With its' easy to use interface and ability to alter the power so quickly it is perfect for just about anything you would do on a range.
I tested it against my gas hob and it was at least 50% faster, and virtually no wasted heat.
It came with a small but useful Tefal frypan.
I love it!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Fantastic!

This hob is fantastic. Quicker than my built in electric elements, easy to use, light & safe. I often have to turn it down, as it is too powerful for boiling water or steaming etc. My only negative is that it doesn't come in a double hob version - would have loved that. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

LOD

LODSydney

Renters delight!!! Love this product

Date PurchasedDec 2016

julieluasked

Please clarify that the photo and reviews herein correspond to the IH201860 model

Corey

Not sure of the model number. It looks the same as mine. Same buttons. I highly recommend buying 3 year warranty as can be done at Good Guys as I’ve gone through 3 of these already in less than 2 years. Easy replacement when you have a 3 year warranty (concierge I think they call it) and it’s only about $30 extra from memory. I’m happy to pay the extra money to know I’ve got something that will last 3 years

julielu

Lol at ironic answer to buy the extended warranty as they predictably fail... However In a roundabout way i think u gave me the answer as yours sounds like the previous model -maybe a IH201840- if you have had 3 in <2 years... Many thanks I really appreciate that u took time to contribute :)

Hi Julie,

Wow, the formality of that question!! Lol

Anyway, sorry, you asked too late. You may have noticed that I have been deeply disappointed with this unit in my review and the subsequent comment I put in thereafter.

I have since thrown this in the bin so I cannot confirm the model number, although I expect that I would have quoted the right one in the beginning (there is no reason for me to not).

I recently replaced it with something I got from China. I won't be reviewing it as it would be useless information to most people here (it's not like they would be able to buy it). Let's just say that it's a great replacement, but still not perfect in my books and I'm still searching for the best.

Cheers,
Shaun

新博 楼.

新博 楼.asked

How well does this keep cooking in low temperature? I know some induction hubs heat intermittently which is not good for slow cook.

S Tam

Yes, still does that but there is no such thing as low temperature. This thing boils like crazy even at the lowest setting.

Corey

I agree. There is no gentle simmering. You do get variation but even on the lowest level it will boil; and it is intermittent pulsing. I still find it very helpful though as I just don’t have the time to be in the kitchen as long as I once did. I really enjoy the fact that you can time your cooking and it will automatically go off at the time you set. So when you get used to what kind of food or meal needs to be cooked a certain way and for how long, you can walk away and know that it will be done and there is no danger of burning food. The high heat levels are great for stir frying and getting a pot heated up super quickly. Generally I have found that if you are using lots of liquid in a pot you can cook for a reasonable long time but if you’re only using a small amount of liquid, forget the slow cooking. You’ll burn your food and equipment every time.

Corey

If you’ve got the money you could look at buying a quality rice cooker/ slow cooker. Japanese and Korean versions I think are the best. They’ve got some really amazing technology in their products. .

Kath

Kathasked

Can claypot be used in this induction cooker?

blinkybill
blinkybill

Clay pots can't be used on any induction cooker. They are not magnetic.

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

CategoryInduction Cooktops