Tefal Toast n Egg

Tefal Toast n Egg

TT5500 and TT5501

A Clever Idea - A Good Performer!

This toaster is the latest generation of the previous Toast n Egg models. This is a great toaster! It toasts perfectly and reliably. The attached cooking function is a brilliant and creative addition. This is my second Tefal toaster. I have other Tefal products and they are good, reliable performers. My only negative comments would be that the high quality construction and materials and the solid feel of controls is just not there in this model, but this seems to be consistent with most products now. Sadly, Tefal and other companies that previously produced high quality and reliable products can now produce them more cheaply in China, resulting in a lesser-quality product. Having said that, I will be very interested to see if this Tefal toaster lasts for the 15 years I enjoyed with my former Tefal toaster. I recommend this product! You will enjoy the dual function!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Disappointing

When this toaster works it is very good. It cooks the eggs well. However the first toaster we bought lasted 9 months then totally stopped working. This was replaced under warranty. The replacement toaster lasted 4 months and did the same thing. As the original warranty period was over no replacement was offered.
Cooked eggs very well
Two toasters failed very quickly

Best kitchen appliance I have ever owned

I love this, we use it daily for boiled eggs and love it so much I'm going to buy it for people for Xmas, reasonably priced too. Does 4 boiled eggs but we tend to do 2 at a time with 2 slices of toast for one person and then again for the next, its just easier, put some butter and marmite in your toast and dunk away for funky egg heaven :)
Fast easy when in a hurry, reliable, easy to use
For me being lazy I find it akward to clean the silver water part would be better if I could pop it off and put in dishwasher

Wouldn't be without it!!

I love this toaster but unfortunately they do not make them anymore. I found out about it after they went off the market and had to do a search around Queensland to find one!! Can't of been good marketing in the first place. It is exceptional and blows me away how accurate it is with cooking the eggs. I am a bit worried now if it ever breaks down!

You can still buy them in NZ if you have a kiwi mate.

Good whilst it lasted

Good until about 1 yr. it stopped to pop back up after it cooked. You had to force it back up. Even turning off the power didn't help. Not a long lasting buy. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. However it was good if you were after a short term toaster that you don't use often
Cooked well
Unreliable

Much better than expected

I didn't buy this toaster, it was in a rental property I rented and I thought it would be average, but it is excellent. Can't fault it. Seriously good toaster and cooks a perfect egg every time. The egg tray can be tricky to clean but apart from that it is excellent.
Everything. Cheap, works well
Makes you eat too many eggs

Love it!

I love this machine.... produces a great egg. Only trouble I was having was I was getting tired of cleaning the egg tray. Even if I sprayed with oil, it was still difficult to clean. Solved this problem by using a silicon egg pod (cut down).... sits in there nicely and so easy to clean. Easier to get out too.
Easy! No boiling water, or exploding eggs.
Tray hard to clean ... but can be fixed.

How good is the toaster? Does it toast bread evenly?Yep. No problems there.

Great!!!

We searched everywhere for this toaster & found it @ the Goodguys. What a great purchase! Makes perfect eggs and toast! Everyone who sees it wants one. Easy to clean. Haven't tried the boiled eggs function as yet. We have been impressed. Toaster does thick cut bread and crumpets easily too. Try it out!!
Easy eggs every time
Needs to do two eggs at a time not only one

I was worried that this product would just be another appliance that got pushed to the back of the cupboard. Far from that, we use this every day.
My husband was buying a muffin and coffee from a take away every morning as he leaves early for work. But the cost was getting a bit much, aside from health benefits.
So for the time it takes to boil the kettle he can make a cheese, ham and egg muffin in no time. And it is much healthier as we have our own eggs from chickens, too easy.
My 9 year old also loves eggs and can now poached or boil her own very easily. No boiling water on the stove.
The clean up is extremely easy too.
Ease of use, makes a great breakfast, and a perfect poached egg every time.
We would love to see a 4 toast version, although as a family we very rarely eat breakfast all at the same time, so it's not too much of a problem

Use it EVERY morning.

So easy to use, easy to clean. Correct measurement of water gives a perfectly poached egg to your preferred softness or hardness. Lightly spray the egg poacher with vegetable spray and then wipe clean after use with a paper towel. Loved mine so much, I bought one for my daughter and one for a friend for Christmas.
EASY, EASY, EASY.........A perfect egg on toast every time.

I thought this was a useless kitchen gadget till I tried it. But it is fantastic! I can cook an egg quickly - toast my bread and find it easy to clean up too. When I start work very early I can cook an egg muffin to take with me in minutes. Very convenient
I love this! I can poach an egg perfectly just as I toast my bread! no oil - no fat. A quick easy breakfast. Cleanup is quick and easy
I wish there was a delay function so I could make sure my toast was ready when my egg finished. Unfortunately my toast normally finishes some time before my egg is finished cooking

Is this the model you are selling? I don't mind if it is discontinued, just wondering about availability?

Where can I buy one of these? Looking but can not see. Thanks.
Hmmm not sure if your in aus! I am in UK xhttp://www.tefal.com.au/Consumer+service/Where+to+buy/Retailers/Retailers+search/List+of+Retailers.htmI purchased from a Harvey Normans in Australia - but I had to contact Tefal to find out what stores had them in the first place. In New Zealand they were recently in a mail order catalogue..... I see it is on the www.tefal.co.uk website - good luck!

Can you use either the toaster or the egg functions separately?
Yes, you can. Normal toaster, or just an egg. Top little machine.Yes you can just use it as a toaster. It has 3 function buttons on it. 1 for toast only, 1 for toast and egg cooking together and 1 for cooking an egg no toast.

Tefal Toast n Egg TT5500Tefal Toast n Egg TT5501