Tefal Toast n Egg

Tefal Toast n Egg

TT5500, TT5501

See the Best Toasters in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Villa Medici

Villa MediciMelbourne

A Clever Idea - A Good Performer!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Jo

JoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

When this toaster works it is very good. It cooks the eggs well. However the first toaster we bought lasted 9 months then totally stopped working. This was replaced under warranty. The replacement toaster lasted 4 months and did the same thing. As the original warranty period was over no replacement was offered.
Cooked eggs very well
Two toasters failed very quickly

Best kitchen appliance I have ever owned

I love this, we use it daily for boiled eggs and love it so much I'm going to buy it for people for Xmas, reasonably priced too. Does 4 boiled eggs but we tend to do 2 at a time with 2 slices of toast for one person and then again for the next, its just easier, put some butter and marmite in your toast and dunk away for funky egg heaven :)
Fast easy when in a hurry, reliable, easy to use
For me being lazy I find it akward to clean the silver water part would be better if I could pop it off and put in dishwasher

GleniiRedcliffe

Wouldn't be without it!!

I love this toaster but unfortunately they do not make them anymore. I found out about it after they went off the market and had to do a search around Queensland to find one!! Can't of been good marketing in the first place. It is exceptional and blows me away how accurate it is with cooking the eggs. I am a bit worried now if it ever breaks down!

Emme2
Emme2

You can still buy them in NZ if you have a kiwi mate.

stephen.santos

stephen.santosGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good whilst it lasted

Good until about 1 yr. it stopped to pop back up after it cooked. You had to force it back up. Even turning off the power didn't help. Not a long lasting buy. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. However it was good if you were after a short term toaster that you don't use often
Cooked well
Unreliable

Dan5195

Dan5195Sydney

Much better than expected

I didn't buy this toaster, it was in a rental property I rented and I thought it would be average, but it is excellent. Can't fault it. Seriously good toaster and cooks a perfect egg every time. The egg tray can be tricky to clean but apart from that it is excellent.
Everything. Cheap, works well
Makes you eat too many eggs

Lynda53Sydney

Love it!

I love this machine.... produces a great egg. Only trouble I was having was I was getting tired of cleaning the egg tray. Even if I sprayed with oil, it was still difficult to clean. Solved this problem by using a silicon egg pod (cut down).... sits in there nicely and so easy to clean. Easier to get out too.
Easy! No boiling water, or exploding eggs.
Tray hard to clean ... but can be fixed.

Bluebird88
Bluebird88

How good is the toaster? Does it toast bread evenly?

Yep. No problems there.

Missychrissy72Sydney, NSW

Great!!!

We searched everywhere for this toaster & found it @ the Goodguys. What a great purchase! Makes perfect eggs and toast! Everyone who sees it wants one. Easy to clean. Haven't tried the boiled eggs function as yet. We have been impressed. Toaster does thick cut bread and crumpets easily too. Try it out!!
Easy eggs every time
Needs to do two eggs at a time not only one

JosephineSays

JosephineSaysAU

SusieInOz

SusieInOzGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Use it EVERY morning.

So easy to use, easy to clean. Correct measurement of water gives a perfectly poached egg to your preferred softness or hardness. Lightly spray the egg poacher with vegetable spray and then wipe clean after use with a paper towel. Loved mine so much, I bought one for my daughter and one for a friend for Christmas.
EASY, EASY, EASY.........A perfect egg on toast every time.

katpaul

katpaul

I thought this was a useless kitchen gadget till I tried it. But it is fantastic! I can cook an egg quickly - toast my bread and find it easy to clean up too. When I start work very early I can cook an egg muffin to take with me in minutes. Very convenient
I love this! I can poach an egg perfectly just as I toast my bread! no oil - no fat. A quick easy breakfast. Cleanup is quick and easy
I wish there was a delay function so I could make sure my toast was ready when my egg finished. Unfortunately my toast normally finishes some time before my egg is finished cooking