Telstra 4GX Wi-Fi

Telstra 4GX Wi-Fi

See the Best Mobile Wifi in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Playskoolpeople

PlayskoolpeopleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Seamless Connectivity

I bought this to supplement our incredibly slow ADSL home connection. It is easy to use, has a decent battery life, connects multiple devices seamlessly and, being Telstra, offers good speed and solid connection. My device stopped working when I changed the default setting to 10 devices. However, I contacted ZTE and troubleshooted the problem. Great little mobile broadband device.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Neta

Neta

The whole family is happy now we have Telstra Wi-Fi!

This was so easy to set up , and we hardly ever have service dropouts now , and the best part is it’s so easy to connect all our devices from the laptops and tablets the kids use for school to our phones and our Telstra Tv box . Thanks Telstra .

Date PurchasedNov 2018

51mmy1

51mmy1Ashburton

Robust and Capable Routers

We bough these for works and have given them a veritable hammering! They all still work despite living a hard life on the road. They pull in a much stronger signal than hot-spotting off the phone and being Telstra of course they work anywhere and everywhere. Run all day off a single charge too - excellent!

Lemur1

Lemur1Williamstown

Excellent Works Evrywhere

Have the unlocked version of this and its truly excellent. I can use it with whichever company is offering the best deal on data. Its been all the way up the east coast with me and across to Perth. Never fails to bring in a signal and runs for hours per recharge - great little thing

Date PurchasedNov 2017

SmokeyBear

SmokeyBearmelbourne

Good mate on the road

This little fella provides internet in my car. I leave it permanently plugged in via USB and turn it off and on as required. It can pull in a signal just about anywhere on Telstra and is rugged too. Has been dropped many times and still works just fine. Simple, rugged and effective!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

HoundDoggy

HoundDoggyfootscray

Not bad - good value

This is good value. Grabbed it from Woolies for $29.50. They seem to be on special every other week sof it isn't, just wait!. It even comes with a SIM inside that's got 5GB of data to kick off. Works perfectly and gives good speeds everywhere I tested it. Recommended product!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Caulder

Cauldermelbourne

Very handy portable WifI

This was worth its weigh in gold on the road. I had trouble free (albeit slightly dear) internet all the way up to Cape Tribulation and even in some tiny one horse towns inland. Its basic and simple to use (just has four status LEDS on it) and it came with a USB charger and wall unit. Even came with a strater SIM inside. Good value machine

Mopar67

Mopar67Melbourne

Good signal strength, good data flow

These wifi broad bands have come along a long since the first one I bought. These days they are rock solid and this one actually gets faster data flow than out home broadband. It came with a charger, usb cable and a preloaded DATA SIM. Excellent deal considering it was only $29 from the supermarket.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Belltower

BelltowerMalvern

Value from this excellent wifi

I got this at Officeworks for only $29.95 which is great value considering its capabilities. It says 6 hours of internet but I get a whole day on the road due to the fact that it switches itself to standby when inactive for some time. It has all the necessary Telstra radio frequencies and of course, being Telstra it works everywhere!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Peachy2

Peachy2Albert Park

Perfect 4G Wifi

Its rare for me to be so pleased with a product that I would call it "perfect" but I think that's appropriate with these Telstra wifi modems - let me add the caveat "for the price" because there are always further features and improvements that are possible. I remember when these kind of modems were first introduced and they were slow and patchy, often dropping out or experiencing slow-downs. Not so any more. I get silky smooth data flow all over the state it seamlessly transitions from 3G to 4G where needed and goes all day on a single charge. Very impressive and pretty much a flawless experience.

Gogo65

Gogo65Melbourne

Excellent On The Go Modem

Just used this all up the east coast of Queensland. Results - near perfect for a 4G device. I got a full day's usage off a single charge with d=moderate browsing reducing down to about six hours of heaving browsing such as watching videos. That is very good. My one is unlocked so I was using it with Vodafone and I got excellent coverage. No complaints at all with this, its good.

MyGolfness

MyGolfnessMelbourne

Good holiday internet provider

We just use this when we go away. Telstar isn't cheap to use but the do have the best network (we use Optus broadband at home). It provides wifi internet for our caravan wherever we happen to be and works very well indeed. Easy enough to use - it only has one big on/off button and charges via a normal micro USB cable. Came with a cable and charger.

Celeste9

Celeste9geelong

Solid device works well everywhere

We got three of these for work and have had no problems at all. Good unit, long battery life and works everywhere. It comes with a SIM card already indie and free data (5gb) once you activate it. Recharges are not all that cheap but you pay more for Telstra's network and reliability. Would by again in a flash!

Seven_5

Seven_5Malvern

Excellent device - got it unlocked

This has been a super little portable wifi router. After I used up all the Telstra data, I was shocked at just how expensive the recharges are (comes with free data when new) so I paid to have it unlocked. It has nearly all the Australian 4G frequencies onboard and it works perfectly well with Optus and Kogan (Vodafone). Very impressive unit - hasn't missed a beat since

Utah5

Utah5Caulfield

Awesome Value Came Loaded With Data

This was on special for $29.95 which is pretty good as it half price but I was really pleased to find that it comes with a SIM and data ready - nothing else needed. Telstra are usually not cheap but they work everywhere so these are the one to get. Lasted all day on a single charge but it goes into sleep mode after a while - so you have to restart it. Good value, good battery life and quite fast WiFi.

Tangerine

Tangerinemelbourne

Use this as a car Wifi

I use this in the car on country road trips, We can connect ten people theoretically - In real life its only two at the most. We stick with Telstra specifically for the good country coverage. The WiFi is surprisingly powerful too. I can get quite some distance from the car and still remain connected. It goes for around 6 hours of constant use but its longer than that bc it goes into standby when the data is not flowing - you have to touch the top button to wake it. Excellent value and a pretty much faultless product.

The_Flash

The_FlashBallarat

Solid reliable Wifi

I got this for a mate who just moved house and needed instant internet. He is not very tech savvy and is having a hard time getting his house connected. Trip to officeworks and bang! Instant internet. You can connect up to 10 devices and we set it up in the kitchen and it reaches most of the small house. Rock solid 4G connection (5 bars) and he's good to go. Excellent device and very good value.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Mountaineer

MountaineerEltham

All the 4G Telstra bands

This is a very versatile little wifi router - it has all the necessary 4G bands for telstra and will work pretty much anywhere in the country. This is very important because a lot of people use any old unlocked router and are then surprised when it doesn't do as they expect. Telstra uses certain unique frequencies so it is very important to check. I get 6 hours plus on battery with this and although my one is unlocked I only use Telstra when i travel (use Voda or kogan in town)

Editor77

Editor77Albert Park

Used all over Victoria - Perfect!

We got three of these for work and have used them all over the state (Vic) I don't think there has been anywhere where we didnt get a signal and good usable data (on Telstra). The go all day on a single charge or you can leave them plugged in with a car charger. I can really fault the design. They are rugged and compact and all still working perfectly. They came with 5GB and a s SIM card on prepaid. Very solid WiFis.

Runner55

Runner55Brighton

Good design, works very well

I used this as my main internet for around a month and it was flawless. We have everyone in the house going full speed as per normal, with multiple laptops streaming and no issues whatsoever. That is frankly amazing from something the size of a bar of soap! We kept it plugged in the whole time so I cant comment on battery duration but I believe we stress tested it very well and it passed with flying colors. Unit is locked to Telstra so you may need to pay and unlocking fee if you plan on using it elsewhere.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017