• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (15)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (11) · No (23)

NickSydney, NSW

Disgraceful company - 30% price hike with no explanation. Greedy. BEWARE!!!

I've just received my annual renewal invoice. It's increased by 30% since last year despite nothing changing and no claims being made.

No reason is given for the huge increase. Clearly just a greedy company increasing their profits.

Can't even speak to someone about this as you just wait on hold permanently.

Shame on Suncorp (owner of Terri Scheer).

BEWARE!!!

Kel

KelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Like everyone else on this review site... Terri Scheer are appallingly !.... don’t believe their advertising!

Claim made in January. I had to get the tenants evicted through a court order and the tenant damage and stolen items were substantial. I have had to chase this claim up constantly. I have made maybe 10-15 calls to this company trying to get this situation resolved. Each time I’m on hold for more than an hour. Today I received advise from them they were paying a tiny amount for the claim and had knocked back the majority. They then requested more information 4Months later! Try calling the idr department 7 times. They answer the phone and just hang up. I feel i will be calling AFCA tomorrow. This company is a bloody disgrace.

Alex

AlexSydney, NSW

Impossible to cancel the insurance!

Tried to call them on several days, exactly as other reviewers described, but no answer! Waited for hours. No answer to my mails either... Tried to cancel my policy as still in the cooling off period, but still no answer. Frustrated. What can I do to cancel the policy as no line of communication works... Today I finally got an answer to my mail. They told me to call their contact number to cancel... I cannot believe it! What are my option of cancelling now?

Worst Landlord Insurance

I tried to call them, but just listening music over 1 hour. I wanna cancel my policy and get my refund, I tried to contact social media department, they suggested me give phone consultant another call.but still no one pick up my phone......

Saini

SainiAU

Don't waste your money

Tried claiming something and I had to prove that damaged was done my tenants. Provided them with an explanation of the situation why I had to fix the problem my self but they are expecting to have postmortem report. They need to understand that not everything can be proved on the piece of paper. But they can use that excuse so they don't have to pay the customer.

wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

KLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

On hold for an hour don't bother

We are needing to make a claim but want to ask a question. Hubby tried to call and sat on hold for an hour and gave up.i tried days later, same result. Policy will be cancelled when renewal date comes up.tbey either don't have enough staff, or leave you on hold so you give up on making the claim. Tried to lodge claim online and get message info doesn't match.

KL

Thank you for your response. We have prettied lodging a claim but get an error details don't match, even though they do. We will try again and see how we go.

Rad

RadSydney, NSW

Not Worth my 1 star rating.

Claim MadeYes
pint

pintGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth a star. Will never recommend to anyone looking for a Land Lord Insurance. Very deceptive Insurance company.

Terri scheer like to collect the premium on time but when you lodge a claim they have all the reasons in the world to decline your claim. Really very cunning Insurance company. Stay away.

Customer service woeful

Sold property and tried to claim a refund from TS for policy.

On hold for 30+ minutes so gave up...perhaps that's the point.

Seems my price hikes didn't get invested in the customer service team.

Claim MadeNo
Customer Service S.Terri Scheer

Hi Stu, we apologise that you weren't able to get through to us by phone. If you still require your policy cancelled, please send us an email to social@terrischeer.com.au with your policy number, sold date, and your phone number. -Drew.

Stu B

Hi Drew thanks for getting in touch. I did finally get through to a rep and received good prompt service. Long wait times are not great, perhaps TS could implement a call back option?

Appalling, choose someone else

30% price hike after first premium

30% price hike after first premium on multiple properties I have insured. No wonder they offer cheap prices initially if they are just going to raise them as soon as possible.

Setting yourself up for failure, may as well not insure

Service is crap and couldn't recommend it to anybody. unreliable and untrustworthy team. unmotivated company that solely is there to make as much money as possible for themselves without the use of resources. I honestly don't know how these guys get away with stealing.

Exorbitant price hike

Have been with Terri Scheer for 2 years with our landlord insurance. Made no claims...even through Covid. Small annual price increases one would expect however received the renewal this year and the premium had gone up by almost 55%!! How is that justified? Will not be renewing this year.

Arthurg

ArthurgPerth, WA

I don't agree with all the negative reviews!

Pulkit S.

Pulkit S.Sydney, NSW

Excellent claim process

Jane

JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

They do not pay

I had a landlord policy . Lj Hooker let tenants damage my property, breed rats, smoke dope and flood the apartment. I was devastated to see my new apartment destroyed and Terri Sheer would not pay.

Prices hiked after first premium

There is no alternative to Terri Scheer at the moment, so I am purchasing again. However, I was very disappointed with the recent 30% rise in the premium for another property's renewal.

Nicole52

Nicole52Hobart, TAS

The worst, may as well not have insurance

Tat

TatPerth, WA

Refusing to accept a branch fell on shed and made water damage.

Rory

RoryAU

Horrendous Process. Don't USE at ALL. <BEWARE>

Trying to get a claim has been a cancerous nightmare:

They are very calculative of every penny. We had to get walls repainted and repaired after viscous damage was applied to them. (not wear and tear). They wanted a breakdown cost for each wall and the cost available to repair parts of the wall. My apartment was almost destroyed and they didn't care at all. They didn't even want to send an assessor out to have a look at it. After this we will not be using TS for anything but a learning lesson in life.

It's taken a few months just to get a few dollars from them. We have lost thousands.

Sarah

Sarahasked

Does Terri Scheer have an online login/online account for customers, or even an App?

HG

HGasked

As an Agency owner I have been recommending Terri Scheer for years and to literally hundreds of landlords. According to Terri Scheer we have the lowest claims record of any agency by a country mile. I have now had to make a very straightforward claim on behalf of a landlord and I am being given the usual insurance company run around. Does Terri Scheer seriously think I am going to recommend them when I no longer believe they are the best? There is absolutely no point in wasting money on insurance that won't pay out and does its utmost to delay and squirm. I always told landlords they are mad not to have insurance but that ends right now. It seems none of them can be trusted. Next stop for me will be AFCA (Ombudsman).

Tobias B.

Tobias B.asked

Dear All,
i am a real estate agent and handled a few insurance claims for our owners. Most of our owners didnt know that they were able to claim any money at all. Can i submit a claim for an insured property even if i am not the property manager ( i would like to submit the claim on behalf of the owner)?

Tobi

Customer Service S.Terri Scheer

Hi Tobias, thanks for reaching out. The property manager or policy holder will need to authorise you on the account for you to make and manage claims on their behalf. Please have them contact us directly as we'll be happy to help. - M

Get an answer from our members and Terri Scheer representatives