Jane F.

Jane F.Sydney, NSW

Honest review of my experience with Terri Scheer landlord insurance

Fix ItSydney Surrounds, NSW

Tenant damages insurance benefit is worthless

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Waste of money

We took out landlords insurance a few years ago with Terri Scheer with accidental damage. We have never had to claim before, but had an incident with the oven door being damaged. Their response was that’s what your bond is for. Needless to say we don’t pay for this insurance anymore. They like taking your money though. The poor overrall rating of 1.9 speaks volumes.

B...

B...Sydney

Fantastic Customer Service

Fantastic Customer Service, with knowledgeable, helpful, understanding and patient staff.
A prompt query response and resolution turnaround time.
Terri Scheer have been very easy to liaise with.
Thank you, Terri Scheer!

Claim MadeNo

WALTERSydney, NSW

Terri Scheer is a terrible insurance company when it comes to claim the losses on your investment property.

My claim was rejected with the reason that there is no reason found for damage . Tenant claims they were away for long term holiday hence they don’t know who demage swimming pool. Whereas insurance inspectors could find the reason for demage and hence my claim was rejected.
Tomorrow if my property is in fire and there is no evidence of how fire started, then no claim !!! It’s ridiculous.

Claim DateNovember 2018
WALTER

Absolutely hopeless - do not use

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Katrina
Katrina

Hi Mandy - I have already been through the review process with Suncorp and they still denied the claim, thanks anyway.

Go elsewhere

I’m the managing agent of a real estate company who have recommended Terri Scheer to my clients for many years. After a recent claim taking nearly 4 months and getting no where I have chased my tail for months and got no where and will be recommending another company going forward.

Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedNo
Customer Service S.Terri Scheer

We understand that delays with claims can be frustrating. If there are any repairs or other items that still outstanding with this claim, please send an email to social@suncorp.com.au, and we will be happy to follow up on them. – Mandy

Catherine B

Catherine BSydney, NSW

They were wonderful

I had a holiday rental and the day my first tenants were to arrive a pipe burst. Terri Scheer were so helpful. You could always speak to someone about the claim. They responded very quickly. Everything was covered with no objections or obstructions. I'm now changing my other properties over to them.

Claim DateOctober 2018

Maxine

MaxinePerth, WA

Excellent customer service

We had two properties insured and had to claim once. Had no issues at all. We have recently sold both properties and contacted the office. Spoke to Miranda who was friendly,professional and very competent. Business completed very quickly. Cannot speak highly enough of this service.

Claim MadeNo

Loss of rent claim

Policy taken out when property purchased approx 10 years ago. Was easy to arrange.
Took approx 2 months as we were waiting on information from my Real Estate Agent, once received and sent on to Terri Sheer claim was paid within 10 days. Great service and easy to deal with.

Chetan

Chetan

Bunch of crooks

They do everything to utilize any loopholes in the fineprint and hold back on paying. My claim has been locked up in their freezer. My claim for loss of rent and tenant damage has not been honoured as the tenant had been late each time on his rental payment for the last 6 months. The fine print says that preceding the claim, the tenant had to have paid all overdues atleast 60 days before the claim.
My advise, stay clear! Don't fall for flashy ads on TV.

Wouldn't pay a cent

I had a claim with TS which ended up totalling over 60k from malicious tennant damage, they would not pay up after taking payments for over 2 years and said just use your house insurance, TS is a totally pathetic rip off and lucky for me my house insurance came through, just be aware if you think you are covered and go to make a claim don't be surprised when they have every excuse under the sun.

Social M.Terri Scheer

Read the pds very carefully

My suggestion is be very wary of terri scheer and the fine details
Had a claim to replace all blinds after tenants left them destroyed quote approx $1250 of which terry scheer paid $278 they simply looked at an itemised quote for each room and treated each room as a separate claim and thus applied an excess to each room
How deplorable though it is in fine print on the pds
Even though there were numerous other items as well on the bulk claim terry scheer applied excess to each and every one of the items on the claim they agreed to pay this leaving very little recompensation to the landlord.
Very slow at processing this claim also as obviously looking for every out that they could find

SanGold Coast

An amazing honourable insurance company

Jimmi

JimmiSunshine Coast

Trust me, you're NOT covered for much!

Shaney D

Shaney DAdelaide

We worked with them, good service!

Big AlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

Jeannie WoodbridgeAU

Fraudsters

Insurance claim madeNo
Social M.Terri Scheer

Thanks Mandy but I have no trust in the integrity of your company, I have made a full submission to the Insurance Fraud Bureau.
Jeannie

Landlords Beware

Insurance claim madeNo
SJN
SJN

You should not be reading these comments if you do not comprehend what is being conveyed.

Refused to pay loss of rent claim

Terrible support experience. Previous tenant trashed my property. Previous agent hid details of damage. Moved to a new agent and tenant asked to leave. Left without paying last couple of weeks rent. Terri Scheer support hid behind previous agent not supplying them details of how bond was spent fixing damage. I recommend steering clear of them. Policy cancelled as they don’t have a sense of customer support.

John Cortie

John Cortieasked

Could I insure my house furniture while it is stored in a shipping container at a secured premise?
Cheers

Customer Service S.Terri Scheer

Hi John, Thanks for your question. It would depend on several factors if this would be covered by any of our landlord policies. To discuss your needs please give us on 1800 804 016. We're available from 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday. - Mandy

ameliasked

I am wondering why landlords are not using the rental tribunal to make a claim? Then they could obtain an enforcement notice. Could it be that this system also does not work? Talk to your local member if this is the case and send an email to complaints at the tribunal.

San

My understanding is that claims that owners try to put through to RTA are directed to QCAT (if it’s in Qld). You have to pay a fee to them and it can take sometime plus you have to appear at the hearing. An Enforcement Order can be achieved if the Claim via QCAT has not been adhered to. It’s all very long winded, time consuming and a lot of paperwork. Renters insurance is far better option; j have gone down both roads. When QCAT allowed the tenants leniency, Terri Scheer paid it instead. You can’t ask for better than that!!!

Fix It

I can confirm that the demand by the tribunal for paperwork is extensive, one set of documents to the tribunal, one set to the respondent, one set for yourself. This can be more than 200 pages. It is also long winded and subject to delays and time limits.

ameli

200 pages? Sorry, I have conducted my own case and though it is a pain it is always worth doing. If a landlord has carried out their part of the bargain then the process is quite simple but landlords who would lose use insurance and I guess if shonky landlords want to play that game and you do not mind paying then that's your business. You are sheilding crooked landlords and helping to destroy the lives of honest tenants. I was a housing manager for over 20 years and seen both sides and only a tiny fraction of tenants were a real problem. Do your due dillegence, ensure your properties are in good shape do not rely solely on what agents tell you, check references, do the property inspection and ensure photos are taken. Dont treat tenants like mugs to be milked of their savings.

Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dickyasked

Why would any one use Terry Scheer ????

Dodge
Dodge

Very good question not sure why

Get an answer from our members and Terri Scheer representatives