MU1987

MU1987AU

Avoid at all costs!!!

Lodged a claim In February they keep requesting the same thing over and over and over again despite confirming receipt and that it’s being assessed and straight forward...only to to be asked again and they push back another 7-10 days!

Claim DateFebruary 2020

Hard to deal with

Lodged a claim but it takes ages to get a respond. The property was unhabitable but still they want to advertise the property. Text messages has been sent directly to their loss adjuster but no reply. They want to held up all the repairs but not even arranging people or assessor to visit the property until you contacted them. requested again and again same documents.

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Avoid Terri Scheer

Terri Scheer go to great lengths to deny claims or to significantly reduce their insurance liability, despite overwhelming evidence of deliberate damage or tenant neglect and supporting documentation. Avoid Terri.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Find out how Terri Scheer compares to other Landlord Insurance

Deceitful. So many loopholes they should be acrobats.

Claim rejected on a very, VERY questionable "loophole".
Tennant's were to pay Fortnightly, which they did and were on time for several months.
BUT when that time comes when you need your insurance, because they stop paying rent...
LOOPHOLE! Apparently the insurance is invalid because the Tennant didn't pay rent within 7 days of moving in (even though rent was to be paid fortnightly), so according to Terri Scheer they were in "arrears" from the start so policy invalid .
If you wonder why claims take so long to process.. it's because they are looking for any questionable loophole to void your claim.
Cancelling all 4 of my policies ASAP.
Advise to stay well away from Terri Scheer.

Charles Ironside

Charles IronsideIllawarra, NSW

Money Grabbers

I have just received my landlord insurance renewal notice, with a 26.4% increase in premium and no adequate explanation other than that "they have had a large increase in claims from self-managers". No allowance made for the fact they have had NO claims from me across nearly 10 years, so I am penalised because of others. I am looking elsewhere for a more reasonable company.

Lachlan M

Lachlan MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terri Scheer will fight tooth and nail to reject your claim.

We have two rentals, both with Terri Scheer. Our first ever claim due to tenant damage has been a nightmare, TSI have done everything they can to reject the claim.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Helen

HelenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No value

Tried to make a small claim for damage caused by a tenant, after years paying insurance premiums to Terri Sheer. They declined on technicality and I then found it would be near impossible to ever make a successful claim with them, so cancelled the policy.

Jennifer M.

Jennifer M.South East Queensland, QLD

Peace of Mind For Investors

Over the years, I've had to lodge a few claims on behalf of clients who were wise enough to have Terri Scheer Landlord Insurance. To date, each claim has been settled appropriately and my clients have not been disappointed. As long as the right documents are provided to support the claim, each claim has been processed and paid out in a timely fashion. Of course, one has to allow for delays as a result of holidays or major disasters, but that would apply to any insurer.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2019
teach.cheat.sheet

teach.cheat.sheet

Waste of Money

Our investment property became uninhabitable for several weeks in the peak Christmas period and Terri Scheer refuses to cough up despite it being an untenantable property. We forked out thousands from our own pocket to relocate our tenant. Kinda defeats the entire purpose of landlord insurance, wouldn’t you agree?

Fresh R.

Fresh R.Sydney, NSW

I was looked after by my Insurer Terri Scheer. In my experience, Terri Scheer is the best Landlord insurance

Claim DateApril 2019
James C.

James C.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible company to deal with.

Chris Price

Chris PriceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Claim Service

We had landlord insurance and unfortunately was required to make a claim. The process went on for a long long time and we were required to provide purchase proof of stolen products that were over a year old. The questions asked and the manner of the person on the claims line was very unprofessional and not empathy was expressed at any time. Very disappointing and we have now cancelled the insurance and gone elsewhere. A claim was finally paid - but well below any replacement value and short of compensating. Be wary !

Jane F.

Jane F.Sydney, NSW

Honest review of my experience with Terri Scheer landlord insurance

Fix ItSydney Surrounds, NSW

Tenant damages insurance benefit is worthless

Claim DateMarch 2019
Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Waste of money

We took out landlords insurance a few years ago with Terri Scheer with accidental damage. We have never had to claim before, but had an incident with the oven door being damaged. Their response was that’s what your bond is for. Needless to say we don’t pay for this insurance anymore. They like taking your money though. The poor overrall rating of 1.9 speaks volumes.

B...

B...Sydney

Fantastic Customer Service

Fantastic Customer Service, with knowledgeable, helpful, understanding and patient staff.
A prompt query response and resolution turnaround time.
Terri Scheer have been very easy to liaise with.
Thank you, Terri Scheer!

WALTERSydney, NSW

Terri Scheer is a terrible insurance company when it comes to claim the losses on your investment property.

My claim was rejected with the reason that there is no reason found for damage . Tenant claims they were away for long term holiday hence they don’t know who demage swimming pool. Whereas insurance inspectors could find the reason for demage and hence my claim was rejected.
Tomorrow if my property is in fire and there is no evidence of how fire started, then no claim !!! It’s ridiculous.

Claim DateNovember 2018
WALTER

Absolutely hopeless - do not use

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Katrina
Katrina

Hi Mandy - I have already been through the review process with Suncorp and they still denied the claim, thanks anyway.

Go elsewhere

I’m the managing agent of a real estate company who have recommended Terri Scheer to my clients for many years. After a recent claim taking nearly 4 months and getting no where I have chased my tail for months and got no where and will be recommending another company going forward.

Claim DateDecember 2018
Customer Service S.Terri Scheer

We understand that delays with claims can be frustrating. If there are any repairs or other items that still outstanding with this claim, please send an email to social@suncorp.com.au, and we will be happy to follow up on them. – Mandy

Catherine B

Catherine BSydney, NSW

They were wonderful

I had a holiday rental and the day my first tenants were to arrive a pipe burst. Terri Scheer were so helpful. You could always speak to someone about the claim. They responded very quickly. Everything was covered with no objections or obstructions. I'm now changing my other properties over to them.

Claim DateOctober 2018

John Cortie

John Cortieasked

Could I insure my house furniture while it is stored in a shipping container at a secured premise?
Cheers

Customer Service S.Terri Scheer

Hi John, Thanks for your question. It would depend on several factors if this would be covered by any of our landlord policies. To discuss your needs please give us on 1800 804 016. We're available from 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday. - Mandy

ameliasked

I am wondering why landlords are not using the rental tribunal to make a claim? Then they could obtain an enforcement notice. Could it be that this system also does not work? Talk to your local member if this is the case and send an email to complaints at the tribunal.

San
San

My understanding is that claims that owners try to put through to RTA are directed to QCAT (if it’s in Qld). You have to pay a fee to them and it can take sometime plus you have to appear at the hearing. An Enforcement Order can be achieved if the Claim via QCAT has not been adhered to. It’s all very long winded, time consuming and a lot of paperwork. Renters insurance is far better option; j have gone down both roads. When QCAT allowed the tenants leniency, Terri Scheer paid it instead. You can’t ask for better than that!!!

Fix It

I can confirm that the demand by the tribunal for paperwork is extensive, one set of documents to the tribunal, one set to the respondent, one set for yourself. This can be more than 200 pages. It is also long winded and subject to delays and time limits.

ameli

200 pages? Sorry, I have conducted my own case and though it is a pain it is always worth doing. If a landlord has carried out their part of the bargain then the process is quite simple but landlords who would lose use insurance and I guess if shonky landlords want to play that game and you do not mind paying then that's your business. You are sheilding crooked landlords and helping to destroy the lives of honest tenants. I was a housing manager for over 20 years and seen both sides and only a tiny fraction of tenants were a real problem. Do your due dillegence, ensure your properties are in good shape do not rely solely on what agents tell you, check references, do the property inspection and ensure photos are taken. Dont treat tenants like mugs to be milked of their savings.

Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dickyasked

Why would any one use Terry Scheer ????

Dodge
Dodge

Very good question not sure why

Get an answer from our members and Terri Scheer representatives