9Thermomix

3.9
3.1
4.2
20 cooking functions and 14 pre-set modes
So many appliances in one
Guided cooking or manual control
Expensive purchase
Additional fees for recipe subscription

KylieMatthews
KylieMatthewsSoutheast, SA4 posts

Worth every penny!

I adore my Thermomix. I purchased the TM6 Black Diamond Limited Edition model. They should consider making this colour available permanently. it's a great machine. I've had it for almost 4 months now, and it has made cooking a so much easier. The Cookidoo feature is fantastic, although I wish they would add Coles in addition to just Woolworths. Nonetheless, it's incredibly convenient. Show details
brenton_ta23
brenton_ta23Metropolitan Adelaide, SA8 posts
  TM5

Good concept. Poor quality product. Should be a quarter of the price

Our TM5 has had every imaginable failure. Build quality is incredibly poor for the price. They profit well off of the repairs as well. And the interface is hideously slow. Gets worse every update. Not impressed with Vorworx. The community and recipes have value. The concept is good. Just buy a cheaper alternative if you like this style of cooking.
Disappointed
DisappointedSydney, NSW45 posts
  TM5

Lack of service centre in Sydney

Cannot drop off the unit to a service centre to see what is wrong with it and get a free quote.

Need to pay $169 and then you have to find a large enough box, packing material and then lug it to a post office. They aren't exactly easy to carry in a large box.

Not impressed with all the mucking around for what I would think is a popular product.

Kristina E.
Kristina E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts
Steve Olver
Steve OlverWimmera, VIC2 posts

Shocker

Our Thermomix rarely connects to the internet, most of the recipes don’t appear so at best we have a $2000 dust collector Show details
angandsam
angandsam3 posts
Elizabeth K.
Elizabeth K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA
Peter S.
Peter S.South West, WA

Expired Cookidoo subscription

After my free period on cookidoo expired I can't access any recipes even from what I have cooked or cookbook that's installed on my Thermomix Tm6 so at the moment the machine is useless not very (HAPPY AT ALL ) I Personally Find being forced to a subscription is very under handed Show reply
Adey
AdeySydney, NSW4 posts
  Thermomix

Don’t buy a vacu seal for sous vide cooking

The vacu seal worked 5 or 6 times and then stopped. When I contacted Thermomix they asked for a video. After I sent the video they told me it was out of warranty (they knew that before they requested the video). Poor quality product, and lack of any assistance when it didn’t work. Certainly not buying another!

Edit: Since this review, Thermomix has contacted me and replaced the item, so in fairness I have come back to edit this. Show details

Ola w kuchni U.
Ola w kuchni U.2 posts
Adam H.
Adam H.

Very poor quality

Very poor quality Thermomix TM5 and absolutely dreadful customer service. I purchased the machine in 2017 and needed to pay approx £400 repairs in 2022. Machine broke again in 2023 and the customer service response was "out of warranty - purchase again on our website". Avoid buying such an expensive machine that barely lasts a few years Show details
Thermomix   DM

Hi Adam, we are sorry to hear about your experience with your TM5. So that we can determine if we can assist, do you reside in UK or Australia as this is the Australian product review platform.

Alina
AlinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  TM31

Can’t replace accessories after 2024

I love my TM31, but disappointment to find out that after next year they won’t be making replacement parts for this model.
For an expensive appliance, part of what sold me was how long it would last, but what good is that if you need to replace the bowl or blade etc. and they don’t make it anymore so you can’t!
I guess they want you to upgrade and spend another $2000+. And this will happen with the TM5 and 6 too, as newer models come out, so technically you only have 10 years use, or if your lucky and don’t need to replace any parts, you may have more.
Something they don’t tell you at demonstrations.
Buyers should be aware of this.
Fotomate88
Fotomate88Scarborough28 posts
  TM31
MiKi Z.
MiKi Z.Canberra Central 2601, ACT3 posts
Applez00800
Applez00800Metropolitan Adelaide, SA8 posts

John Port · Thermomix TM5

Hi, I have a TM5 which is not heating at all. I have made sure the time has been set so it's not that. If I put in hot water the sense will show the temp however when I set the temp to a hight setting it doesn’t heat up. Any help will be appreciated.

Jules
Jules · Thermomix TM5

I have a Cook Key for my TM 5
I want to know that if I stop paying the subscription can I still access what is on it
I have found that it is an expensive gimmick

Jen
Jen · Thermomix

My recipe index is not in alphabetical order after one of the updates some time ago, I have been ignoring it but it's frustrating. Does anyone know if it can be fixed please

Thermomix   DM

Hi Jen, thanks for the question. So that our team can properly assist you, it will be best for you to contact us on AU - 1800 004 838, NZ - 0800 766 966.

Features

• The TM6 is built with a 500-watt motor with a 1000-watt maximum heating efficiency
  • 20 cooking functions and 14 pre-set modes give the TM6 an almost unbelievable list of capabilities that have helped earned its reputation as one of the best cooking appliances on the market today. Cooking functions and modes include: sauté, emulsify, stir, purée, mill, mix, knead, steam, smoothie and crush ice, slow cook, sear, sugar, ferment, sous vide, kettle, thicken, rice cooker, egg boiler, warm up, blend, beat, chop, grate, weigh directly into bowl, whip, and heating from 37-120 degrees celsius.
  • Included accessories are: a steaming attachment, simmering basket with lid, measuring cup, splash guard, spatula, whisk, 120 pre-programmed recipes on the digital touchscreen display, a 6-month subscription to the online recipe hub Cookidoo, and ongoing help from a Thermomix Relationship Consultant.

Points to consider

• While there were reviewers who praised the versatility of the Thermomix TM6, a handful of others stated that the TM6 was useful for certain cooking functions (such as grinding), while they preferred using more traditional methods for other stages of the cooking process, such as sauteing and slow cooking.
  • An ongoing subscription to the online recipe database Cookidoo is required to access the extensive range of recipes especially designed for the Thermomix. This costs an additional $49 fee per year, which reviewers were not happy with - especially after paying so much for the appliance itself.
Compare all Thermomix listings
Thermomix TM31
Thermomix TM313.7
Thermomix TM5
Thermomix TM54.0
Thermomix TM21
Thermomix TM214.3
CategoryAll-In-One Kitchen AppliancesAll-In-One Kitchen AppliancesAll-In-One Kitchen AppliancesAll-In-One Kitchen Appliances
Price (RRP) $2,359