9Thermomix

3.9
3.1
4.1
20 cooking functions and 14 pre-set modes
So many appliances in one
Guided cooking or manual control
Expensive purchase
Additional fees for recipe subscription

Lizzy Phillips
Lizzy Phillips4 posts

Love ❤️ my Thermomix TM6

Thermomix TM6 Does nearly everything
I absolutely LOVE this cooking appliance.
I used to have the previous model
It was ok but this one is far superior.
I would recommend everybody has one in the kitchen!
It makes my life so easy.
I use it several times everyday, couldn’t do without it now. Show details ·  1
Shanna W.
Shanna W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
  TM6

A bit flaky for such an expensive tool

At first we thought it was great. Made cooking very easy. But after a few years it just kept breaking down. Paying A few hundred dollars every 1-2 years to keep a $2000 piece of machinery working is out of this world crazy. The fact it breaks down so much given the price point is just frustrating. I'd almost consider it a scam. Im sure the fix is a simple 5 minute adjustment but they block the unit from working and shut it down until you pay them to get it serviced. I went from love to hate over my years of ownership. Show details
Gene
GeneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts
Georgie
Georgie2 posts
  TM6

Every Aspect of Thermomix is a joy!

absolutely loving this bad boy! customer service and our consultant anne-marie have been lovely! we really appreciate all the effort they have gone to to accommodate us! we have used it 5 times in a weekend! whilst it was a expensive purchase it works a breeze and does so much! even the bf finds it simple so he has no excuse to not cook now! get this machine pronto(especially if your the better or only cook in the family hehe) if i had to say anything negative it would be that it’s a lil bit load at some points but not for long durations Show details ·  1
May Jenita
May Jenita4 posts

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE and DISHONEST

I call thermomix cs at 2pm on businesss day and it says cs available on business hours 9-4PM.. after that it says ask me to call back again during business hours... WhAT... I'm calling during business hours .. worst customer service and no news for my thermomix at all... seriously... I'm more worry they break my tm... I REGRET EVER BOUGHT THIS MACHINE
KylieMatthews
KylieMatthewsSoutheast, SA4 posts

Worth every penny!

I adore my Thermomix. I purchased the TM6 Black Diamond Limited Edition model. They should consider making this colour available permanently. it's a great machine. I've had it for almost 4 months now, and it has made cooking a so much easier. The Cookidoo feature is fantastic, although I wish they would add Coles in addition to just Woolworths. Nonetheless, it's incredibly convenient. Show details
brenton_ta23
brenton_ta23Metropolitan Adelaide, SA8 posts
  TM5

Good concept. Poor quality product. Should be a quarter of the price

Our TM5 has had every imaginable failure. Build quality is incredibly poor for the price. They profit well off of the repairs as well. And the interface is hideously slow. Gets worse every update. Not impressed with Vorworx. The community and recipes have value. The concept is good. Just buy a cheaper alternative if you like this style of cooking.
Disappointed
DisappointedSydney, NSW53 posts
  TM5

Lack of service centre in Sydney

Cannot drop off the unit to a service centre to see what is wrong with it and get a free quote.

Need to pay $169 and then you have to find a large enough box, packing material and then lug it to a post office. They aren't exactly easy to carry in a large box.

Not impressed with all the mucking around for what I would think is a popular product.

Kristina E.
Kristina E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts
Steve Olver
Steve OlverWimmera, VIC2 posts

Shocker

Our Thermomix rarely connects to the internet, most of the recipes don’t appear so at best we have a $2000 dust collector Show details
angandsam
angandsam3 posts
Elizabeth K.
Elizabeth K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA
Peter S.
Peter S.South West, WA

Expired Cookidoo subscription

After my free period on cookidoo expired I can't access any recipes even from what I have cooked or cookbook that's installed on my Thermomix Tm6 so at the moment the machine is useless not very (HAPPY AT ALL ) I Personally Find being forced to a subscription is very under handed Show reply
Adey
AdeySydney, NSW5 posts
  Thermomix

Don’t buy a vacu seal for sous vide cooking

The vacu seal worked 5 or 6 times and then stopped. When I contacted Thermomix they asked for a video. After I sent the video they told me it was out of warranty (they knew that before they requested the video). Poor quality product, and lack of any assistance when it didn’t work. Certainly not buying another!

Edit: Since this review, Thermomix has contacted me and replaced the item, so in fairness I have come back to edit this. Show details

Ola w kuchni U.
Ola w kuchni U.2 posts

John Port · Thermomix TM5

Hi, I have a TM5 which is not heating at all. I have made sure the time has been set so it's not that. If I put in hot water the sense will show the temp however when I set the temp to a hight setting it doesn’t heat up. Any help will be appreciated.

Jules
Jules · Thermomix TM5

I have a Cook Key for my TM 5
I want to know that if I stop paying the subscription can I still access what is on it
I have found that it is an expensive gimmick

Jen
Jen · Thermomix

My recipe index is not in alphabetical order after one of the updates some time ago, I have been ignoring it but it's frustrating. Does anyone know if it can be fixed please

Thermomix   DM

Hi Jen, thanks for the question. So that our team can properly assist you, it will be best for you to contact us on AU - 1800 004 838, NZ - 0800 766 966.

Features

• The TM6 is built with a 500-watt motor with a 1000-watt maximum heating efficiency
  • 20 cooking functions and 14 pre-set modes give the TM6 an almost unbelievable list of capabilities that have helped earned its reputation as one of the best cooking appliances on the market today. Cooking functions and modes include: sauté, emulsify, stir, purée, mill, mix, knead, steam, smoothie and crush ice, slow cook, sear, sugar, ferment, sous vide, kettle, thicken, rice cooker, egg boiler, warm up, blend, beat, chop, grate, weigh directly into bowl, whip, and heating from 37-120 degrees celsius.
  • Included accessories are: a steaming attachment, simmering basket with lid, measuring cup, splash guard, spatula, whisk, 120 pre-programmed recipes on the digital touchscreen display, a 6-month subscription to the online recipe hub Cookidoo, and ongoing help from a Thermomix Relationship Consultant.

Points to consider

• While there were reviewers who praised the versatility of the Thermomix TM6, a handful of others stated that the TM6 was useful for certain cooking functions (such as grinding), while they preferred using more traditional methods for other stages of the cooking process, such as sauteing and slow cooking.
  • An ongoing subscription to the online recipe database Cookidoo is required to access the extensive range of recipes especially designed for the Thermomix. This costs an additional $49 fee per year, which reviewers were not happy with - especially after paying so much for the appliance itself.
Compare all Thermomix listings
Thermomix TM31
Thermomix TM313.7
Thermomix TM5
Thermomix TM54.0
Thermomix TM21
Thermomix TM214.3
CategoryAll-In-One Kitchen AppliancesAll-In-One Kitchen AppliancesAll-In-One Kitchen AppliancesAll-In-One Kitchen Appliances
Price (RRP) $2,359