Thermomix

Thermomix

TM5, TM21 and TM31

Easy to use, easy to clean

I bought my TM5 3 years ago and despite the hefty price, I have no regrets. Cooking is made easier with all the added features it has. I follow instructions carefully on its operation and so far, I had no accidents with it.

Purchased in March 2016 for $2,089.00.

Noise Level

Pray your machine doesn't have a service issue

I have been a devotee of TM for 10 years and have loved my machine when it has been working. However if you need to use the service department it can be a very trying experience. Thermomix seem to have a policy where they try and blame the customer for any problems you encounter and they don't seem to care very much about providing a positive experience after the sale. The spare parts are expensive and service can take months. I sent my machine in for a repair (heating was no longer working) only to be told they couldn't find a problem. It was returned without being fixed. I had to make numerous calls and take videos of the problem before they would believe me. I sent it back and they had to replace the motherboard. 2 months later my machine constantly throws an error 52 but only when there is frozen food in it (sorbet, milkshake ingredients). Same deal where it's something I have done. After spending $300 on a repair and 2 months later to be having issues again only to be told it's a new issue and my fault is extremely disappointing. I am now looking at alternative brands.

Purchased in August 2011 for $1,900.00.

Safety

So enjoying a different cooking experience

I purchased the Thermomix TM5 21 months ago and love it. The experience of making different recipes has opened a whole new world. It is so convenient for quick meals, besides chopping and grating to perfection, without the tedious hand methods. Cooking and heating is even and in my opinion you feel almost like a pro chef having made meals in this machine.
As well as using the Thermomix recipe community I recommend Thermobexta.com.au. Bec has produced her own recipe books which are all vegetarian, but can be made with meat as well. The whole family love her recipes, they are so tasty, some of which I have never made or tasted before, not even in restaurants. Have longed to make them though!
Not only that, we feel so much healthier in not buying ready-made sauces or meals full of additives and preservatives. I am now also growing my own herbs and vegies. The added bonus is that it's cheaper in the long run.
Money well spent in our book!

Purchased in June 2017.

couldn't live without it!!

I use my thermy daily! Whether for preparation or full meals, it is a very handy appliance to have.
I spent a long time deciding whether to get one due to the price tag but am so glad I did. They have really good interest free promotions which I took up also.
Every week, I make hummus, butter, peanut butter as well as a wide range of condiments and have go to meals such as porridge, risotto, pizza, pancakes and butter chicken regularly

Purchased in September 2018 for $2,015.00.

My little Kitchen Helper

I purchased my first Thermomix TM 31, three years ago and then I updated to TM5 a year later. I now use both machines. I have been enjoying cooking for 60 years and wish that I had purchased a Thermomix when my children were young. Thermomix is a magician! It mills, chops, sautés, mixes, steams, cooks and blends with a flick of a button and in one bowl.We grow our own herbs and veggies so I can harvest fresh seasonal produce and make delicious, healthy meals with ease. Soup is a breeze in 20 mins, pesto in 15 mins. The food cooks evenly and always tastes great. My consultant has been amazing throughout the purchasing and training process. I recommend taking the time to get to know the machine, follow the safety instructions and enjoy.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. total game changer in the kitchen

Worth buying and learning how to use properly.
Not as hard to use as it seems, you get the hang of it pretty quickly.
The Thermomix can do so many things effortlessly, it replaces multiple other small appliances. Heat to exact temperatures, chop, blend, whisk and fold in seconds.
It makes 'hard' recipes like Marshmallow easy for even a beginner to make!

Very happy with my machine, very glad I purchased it.

If you have got a thermomix, I recommend checking out AlyceAlexandra.com - a fabulous blog full of tips, recipes and tricks with your thermomix.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

My fav kitchen appliance

I couldn't live without my thermomix. Before purchasing I've never made bread, curry or stock paste from scratch, and that's just to name a few.
Heats up perfectly and can hold the bowl by the handle when hot.
For me it's perfect for pureeing baby foods, kneading bread dough and steaming meats, as well as cake batters.

Purchased in October 2016 at Consultant for $2,089.00.

Would have two if I had the $$

Had for over 4 years now and almost perfect. Had issues with scale in early days but was repaired and returned to us within a week (remote area). Replaced blades as we wore them out! Absolutely cannot live without it. Pick your demonstrator carefully as I know at least one local one is awful

Purchased in September 2014 for $2,000.00.

Safety

Expensive but time saving and versatile

Love my Thermomix I use it daily for smoothies, baking mix, pasta, milling, gelato, cooking and steaming. It saves so much time, it is easy to use and great for non chefs. Just follow the instructions and you will have a dish in no time. Worth the time saved alone but also to eliminate multiple devices from my kitchen.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

No assistance bad product

The machine doesn't work correctly, shows the food that warming up but it's fake DO NOT BUY IT for the money spent supposed to be an door to door assistance.......VERY DISAPPOINTED ....... Better to buy new cooking set and a few recipes books and for sure I will enjoy the food again

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Don't like the product and the customer service

Looks Thermomix doesn't have the confidence on their product. After you purchase their product, only 30 days period for you to change to a new one if you find your thermomix has defect. When I found the problem for their temperature control has defect, it already 60 day passed. The customer service just wrote very robotic letter insisting the produce can only be repaired although due to traveling to other country, I only used the Theromix for a few times.

30 day is a very short period of time considering the price of the product and "brand"

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Love it...

Yes have before Thermomix 31 and update to TM5 can be without, never have any problems because I and my wife take care off machine yes it is expensive but worth spending money, help my allergies problems.TM5 used every day for last 4 years and the same T31 for 5 years.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Excellent for families with Allergies or intolerances

One impressive key function is its milling ability... We have a lot of allergies in our family and you can’t buy a dairy, gluten, soy and egg free bread anywhere as far as I can see, and definitely not for $4/kg loaf!
It’s opened up our options considerably and many recipes are very cost effective.
Some recipes may not be as flavoursome (no bottom of pan caramelisation etc.) but I’m willing to give that up sometimes in exchange for the fact I can walk away while it cooks my dinner.
There’s definitely some good tasty recipes around and so many recipes everywhere online for practically anything.
I do wish it was quieter but I suppose any blender crushing ice or milling rice would make the same amount of noise.
It’s also quite handy for baby food.
I always end up with less dishes overall nowadays too! And everything is dishwasher safe! (Apart from the base obviously)
It is pricey but I’ve never heard of cheap imitations lasting long and I know people who have owned their Thermomix 7+ years.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Useless

Nothing wrong with the machine. It is very very expensive and 75% of your money goes as a marketing commission. This machine can't sell in the open market because of the price. Recipes are not tasty. You have to make your own recipes if you are a spicy guy. There are lots of cheaper options are available in the market rather than buying this expensive monster.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Love it

Got this as a wedding present, use it all the time. Had some issues originally as I wasn’t very careful with the scales in the feet. Customer service picked it up from the door and all fixed free of charge (for the first 2 year). I think if it’s properly looked after there shouldn’t be issues and as long as you’re open to learning to integrate it into your cooking you’ll come to rely on it!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Great fast food maker - essential kitchen device for a modern family

The TM31 in coming up for its 10th birthday and has been lugged thousands of kilometres for a few years in a van. For a kitchen appliance used many times a day over 10 years this is exceptional.
Apart from one service to recalibrate the scales and a blade set and the consumerable lid seals this is a go to machine in the kitchen.
It makes meals faster than takeaway delivery at a fraction of the price.

Would buy again.

Date PurchasedDec 2008

Terrible after market service - machine broken with little use

Thought I bought quality - wrong. My machine did not get used very much at all, the bowl pin broken away - apparently this Steele’s steel part is a consumable & they wanted slug me for the cost of a new bowl $180 after hardly any use. The service department very robotic reason & little care. Definitely don’t recommend!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

I love my Thermomix

I use it to cook all my meal, I bought it as I wanted to cook food back to basics rather than buying pre made sauces and tinned tomatoes etc
I just purchased a cook key and I highly recommend it. I have established all my recipes favourites and have been able to add from English and USA Thermomix cookbooks
The only problem I have had it the rubber surround on my lid has broken off a small piece and I’m not sure if anyone else has had an issue
I have emailed Thermomix and hopefully they can help me

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Appalling After Sales Service

Unfortunately Thermomix's after sales service is non-existent. I've been chasing them for over two weeks now to deactivate a Cook-Key so that I can start using it. They originally told me that it would take two days to complete.
This is despite several follow up calls and emails to their contact centre.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

It’s a great machine!

Overall it’s been great, so many delicious meals and treats have been made and so many more to try!
It is incredibly expensive and I still struggle to justify the price, but having said that is is great, I’ve never used anything like it! It does save some time, probably not as much as I’d like but my previous cooking was lots of premade jars etc, thermomix recipes don’t have all the additives and junk so it’s much better for my family.
If I could sum it up, it’s most of my appliances all rolled into one, a top notch blender that heats and stirs and kneads and so much more that I haven’t discovered yet!
I’d strongly recommend a cooking class that thermomix run, I fumbled through my first few recipes, found my feet and was off running! If you can get it at a discounted price, the cook-key is a great addition, it’s basically a digital cook book that tells you step by step how to cook the recipes from online, it’s fool proof!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018