Thins

Thins

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Thins? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Thins 6 pack original

Have you changed the cooking process for the Thins original thin & crispy as they look and taste very different.
I always purchase 2 x 6 pack when they are available and these 22 101212 09:08 are cooked differently and are definately not the same pleasant taste.
I have now opened both packs x 6 to see if they were different, but they are both the same.
Not the usual thin taste.

Purchased in June 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $265.00.

Ted
TedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Have they changed chicken flavoured Thins?

Used to be one of my favourites but they've reduced the salt for sure! Perhaps they've been swayed by nutritionists or other reviews crying "too much salt!"
Not the same...as Greta said, "how dare you!"

Purchased in June 2021.

Geoff
Geoff

Dehydration

The salt content is excessive and physically caused dehydration and excessive thirst.

I wonder how long my kidneys would retain themselves if these saline chips are consumed on a regular basis.

Don’t you want your customers to survive and come back to purchase more?

RJ M
RJ MSouth West, WA

Salt, salt and more salt!

On the 3 flavours I've tried, all 3 have massive amounts of salt. Too much salt.
My stomach wants to crawl into a ball half way through a packet....
So sickly....
I'm guessing you've tried replacing flavour with salt but it's not working. I won't be buying again.

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths.

Sophie K.
Sophie K.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Salt and Vinegar, completely inedible

Tasted like cardboard clippings. Absolutely disgusting, and they were in date. Baffled at how you could stuff this up so badly. Never again blurgh, waste of money had to throw them out. And I'm a HUGE salt and vinegar fan.

Purchased in February 2021 for $8.00.

AGZ
AGZWestern District, VIC

Another ruined product

Light and tangy was a classic favourite, a reliable staple snack but these days they are so skimpy on the flavouring that they may as well call them plain salted chips. So disappointing companies like this are ripping off consumers by shrinking package sizes for a long time but now also cutting costs on the actual flavour..the whole point of the product! Thins and burger rings you're all dead to me now.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths Online store for $2.50.

Myshelle
MyshelleAU

Never again

These chips are way to salty I would never buy again

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths for $2.00.

Magoo
MagooGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy on the Salt

Way too much salt .off thins.trying ofher chips where you can actually taste potato
Thins are too salty.
I go off thins than return to them to enjoy there great potatoe flavor only to find every time over the years STILL TOO MUCH SALT. So that may just be the last straw for thins going, going....... Gone./

Purchased in August 2020 for $3.00.

Peta
PetaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No flavour

Your chips have change. Bought a packet of thins light and tangy and they have no flavour, tasting only like your plain chips. Very disappointing.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for $2.50.

Boris Yasminsky
Boris YasminskyNear You

Thin chips, thin on flavor and thin on price

You get what you pay for and Thins are no exception.
Mind you, I would prefer to pay $2.50 for Thins rather than $4.95 for a range of other brands which are worse. Australia just cant do reasonably priced snack food, unlike the UK, Europe and USA.

Purchased in March 2020 at Woolworths for $2.50.

Nas
NasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bitter tasting potatoes

I usually Purchase the original flavour and never had much problem with them. The last batch I got tasted very salty, stale and had a taste that leaves your mouth all Bitter, I did some reading and assuming these were made from an old batch of potato’s which contain high amounts of alkaloid compounds, solanine and chaconine which can be toxic. It’s sad to think that with a product that only contains 2 ingredient potato and oil they can get it wrong. Also the potatoes smell really toxic which makes me think the oil may not have been the freshest. So disappointing and never buying thins again :(

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $1.60.

Shoes
ShoesPeel, WA

What flavour??

These, and many other flavors, to me, are lacking, the punch! Bland, n flavourless, like eating cardboard, use of a dip is needed to eat any of their product. Not just thins, smiths are just as bad!! It is all across the brands!! What's going on chip people??!

Purchased in February 2019 at Iga waroona for $2.00.

Anthony Duin
Anthony Duin

loved since i was a kid

i still love this tastie little morself of happiness and tangyness. what better way to enjoy the flavour of a chip than light, which it is, and tangy, which it also is.

KIngfood
KIngfoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Yum.

Love the Cheese and onion and the plain salted. Always a good potato taste. Up there with Smiths! From the company that makes French Fries and Cheezels. Just an honest tasty chip.

Jorden
JordenNortheast, VIC

No flavour and are stayle

I’ve been getting things salt and vinegar because they were my favourite. For a while I have noticed the flavour go down hill dramatically that they’re not nice anymore at all. I have also noticed they seem to be stayle all the time ? I got a packet today because they were on special I opened the same day and they are stayle.

Read more reviews - page 2