Ikea Portable Induction Hob Tillreda

Ikea Portable Induction Hob Tillreda

See the Best Induction Cooktops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

waytogohere
    waytogohereMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lower settings are not even - hot cold hot cold

The lower settings seem to work on a timer basis similar to a non-induction microwave. High power for a few seconds followed by no power for a few seconds. This will make your small pot of liquid boil like crazy, then stop.. then boil like crazy then stop. Not ideal. Even on the lowest setting which is supposed to be only 100w... which it may be on average, but not at any instant.
    I don't know if other portable induction cooktops also work this way as I have only used built-in models previously that have full turn down control. Sorry Ikea, I know this is cheap, but I was expecting better control. Its going back to the store.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
    Gaurav
    GauravMelbourne

Excellent build and performance..

I was looking for an induction cooktop which I use for cooking at remote places and I found this from.ikea..comparing with other induction cooktop there are.more expensive ones in the market but this is all you need,it's looks classy and works well..it's has child.lock feature as well and gets cooled down quite fast..

Date PurchasedDec 2017
    Wil
    WilFlynn 2615, ACT

Use it daily

Heats up very quickly. Takes time to find the sweet spot for cooking. Simple saute around 3-4 setting.
    Works best on my cast iron pan, Scanpan is a little slower I expect that is due to the fluted base of the Scanpan.
    Small complaints is having hold the child lock on to start, the fan is on the loud side, and if use forget to turn it the unit off at the power point it will start up again as you clean. cooks food great though.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
    Induction Cooktops

Find out how Ikea Portable Induction Hob Tillreda compares to other Induction Cooktops

S Tam
    S TamSydney, NSW

Brilliant Product - Best functionality and price yet.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Jon Mooreasked

I've had the Tillreda for a week. All cooking has gone fine until today. For the first time I tried boiling a large pot of water at 1800 Watts. After just seven minutes the Tillreda suddenly beeped and the child lock light came on and the 'H' was flashing'. The water was warm but certainly had not boiled. Anybody know why this happened?

Skye H.asked

Please help. So I got the Tillreda cooker thing and I bought a stainless steel 4-quart pot that is magnetic but I still can't get the Tillreda to do anything besides say E1. What am I doing wrong?

Skye H.

how magnetic does it have to be like strong enough that a fridge magnet works or is any magnet good

Jon Moore

any magnet should suffice. check youtube there are plenty of videos about this.

Barbara Stuart
    Barbara Stuartasked

How can I vary the size of the pots on the tillreda? It seems I can only use my large skillet and not a shall sauce pan to heat things

Rod Perry
    Rod Perry

Check your small pot is magnetic. If it is not magnetic it won't work on an induction cook top.

See all Ikea Portable Induction Hob Tillreda questions