Ikea Tillreda

Ikea Tillreda

See the Best Induction Cooktops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

waytogohere

waytogohereMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lower settings are not even - hot cold hot cold

The lower settings seem to work on a timer basis similar to a non-induction microwave. High power for a few seconds followed by no power for a few seconds. This will make your small pot of liquid boil like crazy, then stop.. then boil like crazy then stop. Not ideal. Even on the lowest setting which is supposed to be only 100w... which it may be on average, but not at any instant.
I don't know if other portable induction cooktops also work this way as I have only used built-in models previously that have full turn down control. Sorry Ikea, I know this is cheap, but I was expecting better control. Its going back to the store.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Gaurav

GauravMelbourne

Excellent build and performance..

I was looking for an induction cooktop which I use for cooking at remote places and I found this from.ikea..comparing with other induction cooktop there are.more expensive ones in the market but this is all you need,it's looks classy and works well..it's has child.lock feature as well and gets cooled down quite fast..

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Wil

WilFlynn 2615, ACT

Use it daily

Heats up very quickly. Takes time to find the sweet spot for cooking. Simple saute around 3-4 setting.
Works best on my cast iron pan, Scanpan is a little slower I expect that is due to the fluted base of the Scanpan.
Small complaints is having hold the child lock on to start, the fan is on the loud side, and if use forget to turn it the unit off at the power point it will start up again as you clean. cooks food great though.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
S Tam

S TamSydney, NSW

Brilliant Product - Best functionality and price yet.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Joycee

Joyceeasked

Can I use my 9” cast iron fry pan on the hob?

Eloise20

Eloise20asked

Just bought ours today and no matter which pot you use it continues displaying E1 error.

Gerald Genta
Gerald Genta

E1 means cookware is not suitable for induction. Check your cookware with a fridge magnet and if the magnet doesn't stick to the bottom of the cookware then the it's not induction compatible. Most cast iron and stainless steel cookware should work on induction and some aluminium cookware has induction compatible base like the Ikea TROVÄRDIG.

Hoai-Thu L.

Hoai-Thu L.asked

The Ikea Tillreda works well for me if I use it for any kind of boiling with water (chicken, vege, etc) but it won't work if I use it for any other cooking styles (stir fry, deep fry, etc.). It definitely not because of the type of saucepan because I used the same one. I understand it might not work if there is not enough food/oil/water in the saucepan (it thinks the saucepan is empty). In this case, deep fry means lots of oil, still doesn't work. Please help, thank you.

Get an answer from our members and IKEA representatives

CategoryInduction Cooktops