Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Questions & Answers

5 questions from our users

mel

melasked

so I brought the tommee tippee closer to nature set in 2019 didn't use it until the end of january now I use the electric steriliser once a day and every time i use it once its finished its cycle its always brown on the plate and has the burning sound like its run out of water I fill it with the measurements in the booklet said to do.

Kathleen W.

Kathleen W.asked

Unit smells burnt after each use, always has the correctcamount of water in it, the smell is through all of my bottles and manual breast pump. Is this safe to use? and are the bottles safe to use for baby?

Andrew Jardine
Andrew Jardine

That question is impossible to answer. It is your baby and only you can decide whether the bottles are safe to use. The smell that is coming from the unit tells me the unit is developing an electrical problem. I would not take the risk. Stop using it. If the unit is still under warranty take it back for a refund.

Ang I

Ang Iasked

Does it fit all sized bottles?

Angry customer

It's made for their bottles so you can put others but mine always seemed to tip over if they were skinnier or smaller type ones

Emma

Emmaasked

The items never seem to dry out once they've been sterilised. I'm only 22 and pretty naive when it comes to this kind of thing, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of serializing if it has to sit around wet afterwards. I was drying them out with a clean tea towel after sterilising, but again I feel as though it defeating the purpose and introducing more germs.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Angry customer

I just fill up with cooled boiled water as soon as they have finished in the sterilizer so they are ready to use (the water that stays in is like boiled water so safe for bubs as made from the steam)

Connie C

Connie Casked

My Tommie tippee sterilizer, the little grey plate inside seems like its got a brown look to it and looks like little black dots appearing. Is that normal? And after descaling did u rinse out the vinegar a couple times to get rid of the smell?

Nighthawk

Merry Christmas Connie C, I found the black dots initially however they soon disappeared after cleaning it with vinegar (or you could use Citric Acid was the other option).

I do have discolouring to the heat plate but would think this is normal wear.

I've chatted with TT Customer Care and they advised for you to call them direct on their Customer Care Line Freecall: 1800 890 011 (Monday - Friday 9.30am - 3.30pm EST) and they could then offer some specific advice on the product.

Hope that helps you out.

Nighthawk

In regard to the vinegar smell, I normally sterilise it 2-3 times before using it again.

The smell does disappear.

Get an answer from our members and Tommee Tippee representatives