Too Faced Better Than Sex

Too Faced Better Than Sex

See the Best Cosmetic Products for Eyes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Too Faced Better Than Sex? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Provides length and volume
Dark black formula
Hourglass-shaped brush

Cons

Can smudge throughout day
Not long-lasting

3.5
  • Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (9)
  • Ease of Application
  • Colour
  • Longevity
  • Texture
  • Product SmudgesYes (5) · No (3)

Not What I Expected

I really dont like this mascara at all. I find it dosen't curl the lash, it just seems to go out and the lashes stick together and then it is impossible to get them apart. Also taking it off in the evening is a nightmare, it takes so many wipes to get it off and hurts the under eye lid from all the wiping, even sometimes the next morning there is excess amount left. Not a fan.

Purchased in September 2020 at eBay for $39.

Bonnie
BonnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING

This is my holy grail product. I have tried many others and non of them come close. It Makes my lashes look like im wearing fake lashes. Would by this product 100 times in mu opinion the pest mascara out there.

Purchased in February 2020 at Mecca Cosmetica Online store for $37.

Helen
HelenSydney

It's a nice mascara

I been using this mascara for a year I like how it doesn't make my lashes grumpy and makes them look soft and nice I also love how define it makes my lashes

Purchased in May 2019 at Mecca Cosmetica Online store for $35.

Ally
Ally

Overhyped Mascara

Bought this mascara a couple weeks ago from Mecca.
I have been wanting to try it for a long time, so I was very excited.
That didn't last long.
The formula is clumpy and too thick. You CANNOT apply more than a single coat, which even then, is clumpy and just looks absolutely terrible.
There are so many drugstore mascaras that perform way better.

Purchased in January 2020 for $37.

Cosmetic Products for Eyes

Find out how Too Faced Better Than Sex compares to other Cosmetic Products for Eyes

Val
Val

overhyped.

I bought this mascara after hearing so many good things about it. Initially I was impressed with the length it added to my lashes but throughout the day the mascara flaked off onto my face despite me not touching my face at all. Wouldn't purchase again.

Purchased in January 2019.

KiaraRose
KiaraRose

This just doesn’t live up to the hype for me.

I purchased this mascara due to the absolute hype from SO many people. However this just didn’t live up to the expectation for me. I struggled to apply with the thick brush, and the formula was so thick it made my eyelashes all clumped together and flaky, with a lot of product rubbing off onto my eyelids and under eyes. I removed straight away and have never used it again as I just didn’t like it at all! I wouldn’t recommend to anyone wanting to lengthen their lashes, it would be more recommended to those wanting volumous dark lashes.

Purchased at Mecca Cosmetica Physical store.

Shane Allen
Shane AllenTasmania

Not enough!

The mascara its self was good, and good quality. When picking up the mascara, it feels heavy as though there is a lot in it, but this is misleading. After opening the bottle, it is clear that all the weight is in the packaging its self. There was not enough product, and it did not last very long.

Purchased in April 2019 at Mecca Cosmetica Physical store for $60.

Ease of Application

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

Clara V.
Clara V.13 Dec 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Amy
AmyPerth, WA

Not Recommended

I bought this mascara as part of a Too Faced Christmas gift pack. I was really disappointed that the mascara was not long lasting, and would transfer onto my skin and give me panda eyes by the end of the day. It is a very flaky mascara as well. I will not purchase this mascara again.

Purchased in December 2017 at eBay.

Nora M.
Nora M.Sydney, NSW

Literally BETTER THAN SEX

Received this mascara as a Christmas gift from a colleague and absolutely loved it! Before using this mascara, I only ever used one other mascara for years but after using this mascara, I now have another favorite and an additional mascara I can trust if my other one is not available. I have long eyelashes and this mascara enhances length and volume. It is not clumpy or chunky on the lashes like other brands and I sometimes use the lash wand from my other mascara and dip into this mascara mix because I find it much better. It is also very easy to wash, does not cause lashes to fall off and great for all seasons. Definitely recommend!

Purchased in December 2018 at Mecca Cosmetica Physical store.

Andrew Legget
Andrew LeggetSydney, NSW

Now I understand why this is a cult

The best mascara for volume and lengthening. I have tried SO many mascaras and this is the best. It is worth the splurge, especially if you want the look of false lashes without having to mess around with lash glue! Be warned though, it does dry out rather quickly if you put too much air in the tube by pulling it out and putting it back in (pumping it) to get the product out. As long as you don't do that, it will last you a long time.

Loz
LozSydney

If this is better than sex, i'm a little dissapointed

I have fairly long lashes, so my issue isn't length, but I was expecting a little better than what this mascara provides. I found my lashes to drop and shrink within half the day, so it doesn't have the staying power that I have found with other mascaras. Doesn't thicken at all so. If you're after a real natural look, than this is perfect.

Lauren
LaurenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing!!

Treated myself at Mecca this year for my birthday and I am so glad I did! picked up this seriously AMAZING mascara and I will definitely be repurchasing. Totally worth it!!

Gemma
Gemma

A Must Have!

This product is to die for! No make-up collection is complete without it, and once you go 'Better Than Sex' you'll never go back!!!! Even down to the packaging, this mascara is AMAZING. The collagen ingredient boosts lashes to look full, plump, luscious and not to mention Blacker than Black.

Thank-you Too Faced :) X

Taneesha
Taneesha

Love it!

I purchased this product 2 months ago and I'm in love with it.
It´s just pricey and i find it flakes sometimes. I have the normal version but some people like the waterproof one better.

Totallyxs
TotallyxsSydney, NSW

It's not better.

Actually, I asked in shop to give me a mascara that doesn't smudge. They gave me waterproof Better Than Sex. I used it and discovered that it is not waterproof and I still got panda eyes after all. It's clumping and looks like dust on my cheeks. Terrible. I am going to return it to the store.