Travel Money Oz

Travel Money Oz

Great Service

Got my euros from the Strathfield branch and was delighted with the great service from Natasha who, not only beat the rate I was was quoted elsewhere but the whole experience of the transaction was simple, efficient and fast. Great customer service.

CurrencyEUR

Rubbish card

Absolutely rubbish card. Bali ATM’s keep rejecting the card saying number not recognised. Have triple checked that my dad has the right password and it still rejects the card. No opportunities to use over the counter as everywhere we go want cash. So stuck in a country with a useless card and he will have to arrange for the funds to be returned when he gets home. That too looks like it will be a painful process judging by reviews. My advice is for people to get a travel card connected with their bank. Link it up with online banking and it is a breeze in comparison. I have used my banking travel money card (eg CBA) for multiple trips around the world and it is so simple and convenient. Of the ATMs that have rejected my father’s travel money card, my CBA travel card has worked fine.

CurrencyAUD
Hey Nic, I understand that we discussed this via email last week. I do genuinely apologise that the card would not work at ATM's whilst in Bali. Our card is partnered with Mastercard which means it's accepted wherever Mastercard is. This includes millions of ATM's globally. The cash out process can be completed online with ease, but if you require assistance we can send you a cash out form to your email, just let us know if you require this. Thanks, JordanHi Jordan, I appreciate your attempts to assist us when we were having trouble with this card. We did eventually find a bank that accepted the card after our hotel encouraged us to go to a bank branch and seek assistance. If anyone else happens to have issues with this card in Bali, I encourage them to go to a BNI bank branch and use the ATMs inside the branch. Feedback from the hotel is that the street ATMs can be unreliable at times.

Great service.

England.
Used my Visa card and cash for things I hadn't already paid for. Card wasn't declined but a few places either didn't take cards, had a minimum amount, or card machine was out of order.

Unreliable misleading information

Terrible product and service. Misleading information on purchasing product. In Chile contacted the fraud team and received no support or advice for over two weeks. Card not accepted in ATMs in Chile, and at some bus terminals. Therefore cost a lot to use alternatives. Overall stressful experience.

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes
Hey Rebecca, Thanks for reaching out about your experience, we apologise for the lack of communication in regards to the fraud team. Just to confirm were you put in contact with Mastercard for this? if you're still finding it difficult to contact them and receive the support you require please send through your details to feedback@travelmoneyoz.com so we can assist with this. As our card is enabled by Mastercard it's accepted in millions of locations globally including ATM's and merchants. Thanks, Jordan

A great Travel Money Shop

I have used them to both get money for overseas and exchange it on my return. The process was simple and the staff were friendly, professional and attentive. The office was compact and well located in Melbourne CBD, I will be suing them again for my next trip.

Error message when trying to Register the Card online

1. 11am: I attempted to register the card online - It produces an error message saying my details don't match.
2. Called 136 195 to obtain assistance - selected Menu Option #1 for "Activating your card or for PIN assistance" and got stuck in a loop on the menu that would only give me PIN assistance and no other main menu options. Had to hang up and call back.
3. The call was answered by "Elaine" - the sound quality is poor and muffled. Security check done - Elaine said she needed transfer the call to another department. Waited online for 5 minutes then the call was cut-off.
4. I called 136 195 again back and listened to menu options - none seemed the right one for help with registration except Option #1 - I selected it again and got stuck in the PIN loop again! Frustration.
5. Elaine called me! She apologised for my call being cut off and transferred me again - I waited online again for 5 minutes - got cut off again!
6. I called 136 185 for the third time. This time I selected Option #3 "Problems with Logging in or need Assistance with logging in". The call was answered by Nicole. The sound quality was 100% better and Nicole was very helpful and identified the problem as an incomplete email (missing "au" on the end) which was entered by the person who sold me the card yesterday. Nicole detected this error immediately, whereas Elaine had overlooked it, probably because of the poor sound quality - neither of us could hear one another sufficiently.
7. Nicole waited online for me to complete my registration online and all is now working. Grateful thanks to Nicole for doing a great job, for communicating clearly and having the knowledge to assist.
8. 12noon. Issue resolved - but that is one hour of my life gone. My husband says he will not be buying a Travel Money card after this experience.

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes
Good morning, Thank you for providing honest feedback. We’re extremely disappointed to hear about your experience with registering your card! Thank you for baring with us while we fixed the issue at hand, we apologise for the inconvenience caused as this impacted your precisions time. Your feedback will be passed on to both teams, if however you’d like to discuss this further please send through an email to feedback@travelmoneyoz.com. Thanks, Jordan

Brilliant Service

I required Euro & British Pounds. for our travel to the UK & Europe. The Price Match Guarantee was great given the fall of the Australian dollar that week. Sam, the Customer Service lady at Belmont Forum was so helpful, asking where else I was travelling because not all European countries except Euro. Sam was very discreet when handing over the cash in sealed envelopes. I will return for all future trips.

CurrencyEUR and GBP

Good service

Matched the lowest rate on the day. Service was pretty good as was greeted and welcome. Felt the value for money in the service provided by the person who saved me

Fantastic

Went to America & Caribbean Islands on a cruise ship
Card was accepted everywhere and easy to manage service was great could not fault anything and cant wait to go on holidays again

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes
Hey Christopher, we're so glad to hear this! Definitely use your Travel Money Oz Currency Pass next time as well :)

Convenient but poor rates even with vip card

Disappointed to lose 15c out of €1:65, equating to %10, when changing euros to Aussie dollars with VIP card. Would like another option but sadly banks are even worse. Will consider trading privately in future.

Competitive Exchange Rate No
Hey Dean, We apologise you didn't receive the rate you were after. We're proud to say that purchasing our currency is fee and commission free. Remember we have a Best Price Guarantee, simply let us know about a better rate in store and we guarantee to beat it! Thanks, JordanHi Jordan. Thanks for your reply, but it doesn’t address the issue at hand - that even with a VIP card one receives an abysmal rate. [Irrelevant Content Removed]

service with a smile

very friendly and polite young man at the Mandurah branch, as we convert our money into pounds each fortnight, bubbly and smiling all the time, happy to share his knowledge and listen to ours, always wait till he is on at the desk. great service.

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

simple, fast, unbelievably easy.

I was bringing in money from a deceased estate and I wasn't sure how to do any of it, the lady at the counter made me feel relaxed, like my business was welcome and like I wasn't an idiot doing this :) A rare feeling today!

Very helpful

Have not left on my trip yet , always take some cash . Always happy with the service , polite and helpful , to make a holiday enjoyable , am going on a cruise and spending time in Canada.

CurrencyCAD and USD
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Only money conversion company to use....

We exchange money every week for our pending holidays and always find the staff fantastic. Doesn't matter if a little or big transaction same courteous service. Central Coast staff rock!

Money with Ease

Team at Money Oz, assisted me In Designing the teat of my multi Country Vacation with ease. Offering a solution that will enable me to travel safely with multiple currencies.

CurrencyEUR

Money exchange for Vietnam/Cambodia

I have not travelled yet. I only exchanged money which I have yet to work out and use. I was very happy with the excellent service given by your employee. It was far superior to another money exchange that I had first approached. I would definitely use your service again.

CurrencyUSD and VND
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Good service and excellent exchange rates

I just needed USD and Euros for travel in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, choosing to exchange in each country when I knew how much I'd need - this worked well. The staff at Travel Money Oz in Midland were efficient and courteous; the short wait in the queue when I was selling back excess currency was because the customer ahead of me needed extra help, but that didn't inconvenience me.

CurrencyEUR and USD
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

perfect gift for grand daughter

she is off to America and the dollars were a gift for travel money I found the service very quick and good shame about the exchange rate but not much you can do about it

CurrencyUSD

Room for improvement

I travelled to there Philippines. A few weeks before my travel date I went to the Strathfield office on a couple of occasions to exchange Aud for Pesos.
The staff member was very professional, however I found the lack of available currency to be frustrating.
The Strathfield office is also badly placed (inside) the flight center office of the Strathfield mall.

Competitive Exchange Rate No

Quick and friendly service

Great service today at Fountain Gate branch, the staff I find are always friendly and knowledgeable, absolutely recommended. They are my go to currency exchange. Don’t have a currency card just use them for cash exchange.

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Having problems loading money into my card from overseas in Spain. Is there an office in Sevilla?
Hey Jacqui, If you'd like to send through an email to feedback@travelmoneyoz.com with your contact details our team will be able to assist you with this :) Thanks, Jordan

My husband and I are in Hawaii and the Trevel Oz card works in shope, restaurants etc but we cannot get cash out of the ATM'm. We currently have no cash left for tips. It says the chip has an error?? Will try again today but not confident. What do you suggest?
call them on +61 300 786 403Hi Greg - if you could please give us a call as soon as possible that would be great! You can reach us on +61 2 8974 0856 from Hawaii or email us on feedback@travelmoneyoz.com I hope this helps, Thanks Lucy

Can you get a card in one name with two access cards ?
Hi Marl S Yes you can have 2 cards, but probably not in the same name. We had two cards one in my name and another in my wives name. However you have to give an email address for each card and you can not use the same email address for two or more cards. I have 3 email addresses so we were able to have the other card with one of these email addresses. We thought that it was better to have two cards for if you would loose one for instance you still have the other to use while the lost one get replaced which would probably take some time. I am not sure if you can have two cards in the same name as we did not ask them, but I don't think you can, but I can't really see why not, just ask them. Personally I think it is a good idea not to put all of your money on the one card. Hope this helps you.Hey Marl, Unfortunately you can only have one card per account. John is correct in saying a second card is available under a different name and account number. Hope this helps. Thanks, Jordan

Other Travel Money