Got my euros from the Strathfield branch and was delighted with the great service from Natasha who, not only beat the rate I was was quoted elsewhere but the whole experience of the transaction was simple, efficient and fast. Great customer service.
Absolutely rubbish card. Bali ATM’s keep rejecting the card saying number not recognised. Have triple checked that my dad has the right password and it still rejects the card. No opportunities to use over the counter as everywhere we go want cash. So stuck in a country with a useless card and he will have to arrange for the funds to be returned when he gets home. That too looks like it will be a painful process judging by reviews. My advice is for people to get a travel card connected with their bank. Link it up with online banking and it is a breeze in comparison. I have used my banking travel money card (eg CBA) for multiple trips around the world and it is so simple and convenient. Of the ATMs that have rejected my father’s travel money card, my CBA travel card has worked fine.
Used my Visa card and cash for things I hadn't already paid for. Card wasn't declined but a few places either didn't take cards, had a minimum amount, or card machine was out of order.
Unreliable misleading information
Terrible product and service. Misleading information on purchasing product. In Chile contacted the fraud team and received no support or advice for over two weeks. Card not accepted in ATMs in Chile, and at some bus terminals. Therefore cost a lot to use alternatives. Overall stressful experience.
A great Travel Money Shop
I have used them to both get money for overseas and exchange it on my return. The process was simple and the staff were friendly, professional and attentive. The office was compact and well located in Melbourne CBD, I will be suing them again for my next trip.
Error message when trying to Register the Card online
1. 11am: I attempted to register the card online - It produces an error message saying my details don't match.
2. Called 136 195 to obtain assistance - selected Menu Option #1 for "Activating your card or for PIN assistance" and got stuck in a loop on the menu that would only give me PIN assistance and no other main menu options. Had to hang up and call back.
3. The call was answered by "Elaine" - the sound quality is poor and muffled. Security check done - Elaine said she needed transfer the call to another department. Waited online for 5 minutes then the call was cut-off.
4. I called 136 195 again back and listened to menu options - none seemed the right one for help with registration except Option #1 - I selected it again and got stuck in the PIN loop again! Frustration.
5. Elaine called me! She apologised for my call being cut off and transferred me again - I waited online again for 5 minutes - got cut off again!
6. I called 136 185 for the third time. This time I selected Option #3 "Problems with Logging in or need Assistance with logging in". The call was answered by Nicole. The sound quality was 100% better and Nicole was very helpful and identified the problem as an incomplete email (missing "au" on the end) which was entered by the person who sold me the card yesterday. Nicole detected this error immediately, whereas Elaine had overlooked it, probably because of the poor sound quality - neither of us could hear one another sufficiently.
7. Nicole waited online for me to complete my registration online and all is now working. Grateful thanks to Nicole for doing a great job, for communicating clearly and having the knowledge to assist.
8. 12noon. Issue resolved - but that is one hour of my life gone. My husband says he will not be buying a Travel Money card after this experience.
I required Euro & British Pounds. for our travel to the UK & Europe. The Price Match Guarantee was great given the fall of the Australian dollar that week. Sam, the Customer Service lady at Belmont Forum was so helpful, asking where else I was travelling because not all European countries except Euro. Sam was very discreet when handing over the cash in sealed envelopes. I will return for all future trips.
Matched the lowest rate on the day. Service was pretty good as was greeted and welcome. Felt the value for money in the service provided by the person who saved me
Went to America & Caribbean Islands on a cruise ship
Card was accepted everywhere and easy to manage service was great could not fault anything and cant wait to go on holidays again
Convenient but poor rates even with vip card
Disappointed to lose 15c out of €1:65, equating to %10, when changing euros to Aussie dollars with VIP card. Would like another option but sadly banks are even worse. Will consider trading privately in future.
service with a smile
very friendly and polite young man at the Mandurah branch, as we convert our money into pounds each fortnight, bubbly and smiling all the time, happy to share his knowledge and listen to ours, always wait till he is on at the desk. great service.
simple, fast, unbelievably easy.
I was bringing in money from a deceased estate and I wasn't sure how to do any of it, the lady at the counter made me feel relaxed, like my business was welcome and like I wasn't an idiot doing this :) A rare feeling today!
Have not left on my trip yet , always take some cash . Always happy with the service , polite and helpful , to make a holiday enjoyable , am going on a cruise and spending time in Canada.
Only money conversion company to use....
We exchange money every week for our pending holidays and always find the staff fantastic. Doesn't matter if a little or big transaction same courteous service. Central Coast staff rock!
Money with Ease
Team at Money Oz, assisted me In Designing the teat of my multi Country Vacation with ease. Offering a solution that will enable me to travel safely with multiple currencies.
Money exchange for Vietnam/Cambodia
I have not travelled yet. I only exchanged money which I have yet to work out and use. I was very happy with the excellent service given by your employee. It was far superior to another money exchange that I had first approached. I would definitely use your service again.
Good service and excellent exchange rates
I just needed USD and Euros for travel in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, choosing to exchange in each country when I knew how much I'd need - this worked well. The staff at Travel Money Oz in Midland were efficient and courteous; the short wait in the queue when I was selling back excess currency was because the customer ahead of me needed extra help, but that didn't inconvenience me.
perfect gift for grand daughter
she is off to America and the dollars were a gift for travel money I found the service very quick and good shame about the exchange rate but not much you can do about it
Room for improvement
I travelled to there Philippines. A few weeks before my travel date I went to the Strathfield office on a couple of occasions to exchange Aud for Pesos.
The staff member was very professional, however I found the lack of available currency to be frustrating.
The Strathfield office is also badly placed (inside) the flight center office of the Strathfield mall.
Quick and friendly service
Great service today at Fountain Gate branch, the staff I find are always friendly and knowledgeable, absolutely recommended. They are my go to currency exchange. Don’t have a currency card just use them for cash exchange.
- ‹ Prev
- Next ›
Questions & Answers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.