Travel Money Oz

Travel Money Oz

Counterfeit RMB for China

Be careful, when purchasing RMB Cash, myself and a friend were given counterfeit money for China from two different stores in Melbourne and we didn't find out it was counterfeit until in China. We exchanged it when we came home and they didn't check it so they had no idea.

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Would never recommend this card to anyone

I would never use this card again, we are still waiting for the funds on hold to be returned its now 28 days were told it takes 21 days called 5 days ago and told it takes 30 days, lets see what happens after 30 days, as soon as funds return the card is being closed and cut up. Used for Canada had to call travel agent to get answered as to why funds not returned and why the transfer was taking so long no one from their help answered when l called them. it took 5 days for funds to arrive in the account, again when its all you have to use overseas its so frustrating. Would not recommend them to anyone. Told its master card holding the funds not them but other traveler with us used MasterCard and their funds returned in 5 days.

CurrencyCAD and USD
Just called again after 32 days of holding the funds and this is what they are now saying i need to send a form to the hotel in Canada and get them to do the following I would never recommend this card to anyone Thank you for contacting Card Services. In order to release a pending pre-authorization we do require the following requests to be in the format as detailed below. Customer full name First 6 digits of the card Last 4 digits of the card Date of transaction(s) Amount of transaction(s) Matching Authorization Code(s) per transaction Statement confirming funds will not be taken Signed by Front Desk Manager Booking Reference (if available) This document must be typewritten on their company headed paper, scanned, attached to an email and forwarded to Cardservices@accessprepaidww.com Once this has been received we will investigate and release as appropriate, if any of the details are missing or incorrect we will not be able to action on the pending transactions and we will let you know what else we require. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Great customer service

First time 2x international cash buyer.
Attendant at Chermside, Qld was very helpful and talked me through everything calming my excited nerves.
Showed no signs of frustration even when I had to return a second day because of a limit on my card.
$5 more per $100 than travelex 30seconds around the corner.
I'll definitely be back!
Employee exceptionally professional even when dealing with a verbally agressive unrelated shopping centre patron.
Travel Oz you have an asset in this young man.

Terrible rate

I went to purchase some vatu for a trip to Vanuatu. I was told that the rate was a good one. I should have waited till I got to the airport next day. The good rate I got was a 10 vatu difference between there and in store. Absolute stitch up. Would not recommend them to anyone and I hate to the rates on other products. Minus 10 if I could and if there’s a reply don’t give any talk about “exchange rates can change” etc.

Competitive Exchange Rate No
Hi Michael thanks for taking the time to review us. I'd love to know more about the rate you received with us, and the rate you saw at the airport. That is correct that our rates do change daily, however, we pride ourselves on having competitive rates and stand behind our Best Price Guarantee. If you could please send through any additional feedback to us at feedback@travelmoneyoz.com we'll look into this further for you Regards LucyThank you Lucy for your reply. I will come back to when I am home from Vanuatu

If I could give 0 I would!

Travelled to Italy. Attempted withdrawals at several ATMs over 2 days. Nothing. Tried calling 24/7 numbers, not available! Emailed, still waiting for a response! Have called to complain today asking to speak to supervisor, still waiting for a call back. Garbage card, even worse service!!!!!

CurrencyEUR
Hi T.Williams - we're disappointed to hear you weren't able to reach us when you needed support. I'd love to find out more about your experience - including what happened at the ATMs. Are you able to email us at feedback@travelmoneyoz.com and we can look further into this? Thanks Grace

Excellent- Wouldn’t travel without it!

Used this card in: Hong Kong, France, England, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Spain and Italy, and used the Travel Money Oz Key to The World before that in America, Japan and Malaysia and going to be using it for a Europe trip this year

Never had the card decline or had the card refused, it has a pin and PayPass function. Friends I have travelled with in the past have taken their Travelex card or normal bank/credit card and had issues with loading or with it being declined in certain places.

App works well, you can easily transfer between currencies and load onto the card via bank transfer or debit/credit.

When I return home I just transfer any foreign money back to AUD and spend it in Australia or withdraw it from an ATM.

Have always had a very positive experience at any Travel Money Oz branch I’ve been to, staff are always friendly and knowledgeable and happy to talk you through how to load the card when away etc.

You’re also insured $10,000 AUD on this card and are able to go and pick up the money on your card from a Western Union if you lose it whilst away which I’ve used before and then just ordered a new card when I got home.

CurrencyAUD, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY and USD
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Card doesn’t work in places, poor customer service, app and website constantly down.

App balance not up to date when it works and often isn’t available.

Had to call customer service twice once because their site wouldn’t let me reload and another because it was locked for suspicious activity and they were no help at all.

Card often not accepted online when booking trips (name on card is prepaid currency card, so often gets rejected). At random other times card doesn’t work in the USA.

Would not recommend.

CurrencyUSD
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Easily the worst travel card I've used

- Used to be 'key to the world', old card is still accepted and current details work on the website which is good
- I have approx. $20 AUD left. I can't refund to my bank account via their website or app. Must call them
- Took 15 mins to go through their automated phone service. Finally was put on to an operator, did the whole security check, to be emailed a form that I need to fill out and send back to them to receive my money (minus fees of ~$12 AUD)
- Try to exchange to AUD instead and use the card at my local supermarket, but find that it also has a fee of ~$12 AUD....
- I don't think it's worth the time to get back around $10 AUD

- Conclusion: This company makes it extremely difficult for you to get any money back from the card after you've 'charged' it. Absolute scam. Meanwhile I have a Travelex money card with better exchange rates, and I was able (through their website) to transfer money directly back to my account, without needing to jump a million hoops. If you want a travel card shop around, but the best bet at the moment are the 'non bank' lenders like ING - lowest rates and you can actually keep your own money at the end.

Competitive Exchange Rate No

Reliable, easy to use travel money card

We found the travel money oz card to be fantastic. My husband and I spent a month in Europe, and we had no problems with the card. It was reliable to pay with, and we were able to use the card at every shop and cash machine we used. The only small issue is that the app is a bit slow. We originally were not going to use this card because of the bad reviews. However we worked out that most people only review travel money cards if they had a bad experience. In comparison the commonwealth bank travel card had thousands of bad reviews.

Efficient service and pricing

Our last trip was to Thailand and we only ever purchase currency, the balance we use our Citibank debit card. We never have any issues topping the card up when needed. The staff at Travel Money
were very good

Makes travel easier

Takes the hassle out of getting foreign currency with fast efficient service all done with a smile. Had PNG Kina within a week and will use later this year for future travels

Useless customer service and useless card

Registered my card but it wouldn't allow me to load money onto it online. Called the help line for assistance and after nearly an hour of suggestions it still didn't work. Was told to wait an hour and try again. Still no go. Called again the next day. Was told he couldn't get hold of anyone from the department that worked with the website to help me load up my money. Suggested I go into a branch to load it. I explained that I wanted to use the card overseas and track my balance online and by loading it at a branch I still wouldn't be able to see/manage my account. Customer service man said yes that was true. He was polite but completely unable to offer any solutions. After waiting for almost 25 mins I was told that no-one was available to help. Now I have a card that is useless.

NEVER AGAIN

My family and I used them all the time. However after this transaction we'll not be going back there again! Be very careful with their rates. Do not trust them. Their best rates are well below other places. I changed $1k aud and only got $2364aed. I asked them if this was their best rates and not just 1 staff but 2 staff said 'YES'
I later found out other places are offering as high as $2630aed.
I won't be going back there again and wouldnt recommend Travel Money Oz to anyone.

CurrencyAED
Competitive Exchange Rate No

Easy and convenient way to avoid carrying cash.

We used this card to avoid the banks dreaded currency conversion charges. We used this in New Zealand and the cards were generally accepted everywhere. It was easy to check the balance at any ATM. A recommended way to pay in the currency of the country you are in.
We received friendly and efficient customer service when we obtained the cards.

CurrencyNZD

Be Careful of Paying by Card

Please be aware that if you buy foreign currency using your credit card then the card company / bank may treat it as a cash advance i.e. incurs a cash advance fee and then immediate interest (depending on their specific terms). This makes paying by card much less attractive. Typically you also won't eat any credit card points.

Travel Money Oz should clearly point this out when offering card payment.

Cant believe how amazing and safe to use...

Travelled to Europe and Norway plus UK. Travel Money Oz was so easy to use
and accepted every single place I wanted.
Customer service where I bought the card was Magic , Friendly , so helpful.
Would not leave Australia again without one.

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

I can't believe the rate was so low !

I went to Sri Lanka and ordered some money online, but the order ended up getting cancelled, and I was really busy so I just went to the Travel Money Oz store and asked for Sri Lankan rupees. I had been to that shop before and I thought the rate would at least be in the ball park, so I didn't bother to check what rate they were giving me. Then when my friend asked me what rate I got I checked it and it was just under 100 rupees for 1 AUD. But the online rate which I had been offered with Travelex was just over 115 rupees. I think I should have been more careful, and actually I think the rate offered at the shops/banks in Sri Lanka was possibly more competitive still.

Great Company!

Purchased GBP and AED in the store in King George Square in December for my trip to the UK and Abu Dhabi. Received great, friendly service and advice along with a great rate. Also put some money on a Currency Pass card to use as a back up, no problems using it in either country for transactions and withdrawing from an ATM. Just made sure to have my pin handy and always press credit like I was informed in store. After reading some reviews on reloading online I was a sceptic but I had absolutely no issue in either country topping up with my debit card! First time, everytime.
Thanks Travel Money Oz for letting me spend without a worry!!

CurrencyAED and GBP

Loving how Travel Money Oz can give me reliably good exchange rates

I had US currency on hand, and needed Aussie Dollars. I would never consider any other money exchange service except Travel Money Oz. I had a good experience right from the start.

Good value

Oz Money has a number of outlets; they all are prepared to offer you the best rate that gives you good value in your money exchange, whatever the currency you are seeking tio change..

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Can you get a card in one name with two access cards ?
Hi Marl S Yes you can have 2 cards, but probably not in the same name. We had two cards one in my name and another in my wives name. However you have to give an email address for each card and you can not use the same email address for two or more cards. I have 3 email addresses so we were able to have the other card with one of these email addresses. We thought that it was better to have two cards for if you would loose one for instance you still have the other to use while the lost one get replaced which would probably take some time. I am not sure if you can have two cards in the same name as we did not ask them, but I don't think you can, but I can't really see why not, just ask them. Personally I think it is a good idea not to put all of your money on the one card. Hope this helps you.

My daughter and boyfriend transferred all their savings into a Travel Money Oz MasterCard before travelling overseas. They both have been unable to access their money and have had NO luck trying to contact the company. Their 1300 number on website is unavailable and nobody responds to their email. Does anybody have an emergency number to call or any suggestions?
Try lodging a complaint with the Ombudsman

Can you have USD loaded onto a travel card priorto leaving the country or once your in the country
Avoid the travel cards, look at the reviews for them, they get a commission for selling them to you and then cost every time you use it .Don't go with Travel Money Oz card. If you need to get a card, get either a Velocity card or there's one from ING where I think the fees aren't as high. Yes, you put Aus dollars on it and then go on line and can change into USD.

Similar listings