Travelex Cash Passport

Travelex Cash Passport

See the Best Travel Money Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Devastating!

Fees are shocking. We didn't get anywhere near value for money. Do not recommend this card to anyone. Am trying to retrieve whatever little is left, but can find no way to do this, either with the bank online or calling. Awful service and no backup help at all.

Competitive Exchange Rate No

So sorry I chose this card

CurrencyUSD

Steve

SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Avoid like the plague

Attempted to change PIN at RediATM as instructed, ATM took the card. Then locked out of the website and the website helpline was also unable to access the account using their own temporary password. The only option is to issue another card that takes seven to ten working days to arrive by which time I'll be overseas anyway. Unable to cash out the card or for a new card to be issued in time for my travel so all the money I had for my trip is unavailable. To add insult to injury they wanted to charge for a new card and will no doubt charge me for getting my own money back. If they can't fix a problem this simple in Australia I'm glad I was not dependent upon them when I was overseas.

CurrencyUSD

You would be better off using your usual bank card

All this company does is add fees onto each transaction. They prompt you to join however, do not give you an opportunity to read the PDS. So you do not know what you are signing up for. FEES FEES FEES. Shame on you Heritage Bank.

CurrencyAUD and NZD

Mary

MarySydney

Defaulted to AUD to double dip on fees + bad exchange rate to withdraw

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Score

ScoreGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Useless product.

Had a credit of AUD3059 when I left home, converted approx half to Euro. Every merchant in Europe where I tried to use the card and every Euro ATM rejected the card. Travelex admitted the card was NOT faulty as I was able to complete a single transaction of AUD293 in Singapore. So, $3059 - $293 =$2766. Cash out value? AUD2384. Loss = AUD382. Nearly 14% fees on a pre loaded card!! Pure greed. These guys are fortunate not to have faced the Australian Banking Royal Commission, because this is worse than any credit card fees I have ever paid. When you see 84% of scores are 1 star, you be the judge of this product and company. Customer service took 45 mins to resolve nothing.

Usury At The Worst

Putting money on the card is easy. Getting money off the card, or switching to a different currency, is an enormous loss. I put US$1500 dollars on the card, and then needed to convert the currency. I lost $241.05 in the transaction. Travelex Customer Service just shrugged. 18% for clicking two buttons. Note that if this was done in person at a Travelex kiosk, there is no fee for over US$1,000 in currency exchange. This is a terrible product, designed for Travelex to rob you rather than a convenient way to pay when traveling.

CurrencyCAD and USD

Anne

AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Total ripoff!!! Avoid< avoid<avoid!!!

We put in $400 Australian dollars, and spent less that $10 on the card. We were told today that we will be getting $289 back. I am beyond angry. Noone told me that I would lose 25% of my money by using this card. They tell you it is the safest option for travelling. Don't fear losing your money while travelling. The real robbers that you need to worry about ... are Travelex!!! Never again!!! Credit cards only, from now on!

Anna

AnnaAustralian Capital Territory

Rip off

Be aware of the terrible exchange rate to transfer your money off the card. I opened an account and four hours later transferred the money off, because I decided to go with a Commbank travel card instead, and lost just over AUD$900. At no point was this highlighted to me and I was unable to find any information regarding exchange rates, for this action, in their policy. Customer service was unhelpful. I will never recommend this travel card to anyone.

Travelling al

Travelling al

Don't use this if you want an easy holiday

Travelled to Japan through Malaysia; rarely was this card accepted. Tried PIN, different accounts (credit/debit etc), signing etc etc; it just wouldn't process and the business ended up saying they didn't accept.
Struggled to get cash out. Got a larger amount out twice in 10 days (AUD200); every other time we tried it wouldn't work or gave us just AUD10 per day.
Made our holiday stressful and difficult.

CurrencyJPY

Sarah

SarahBrisbane

Steal your money

Never again will I use these cards, money left over after the holiday, download it into my bank account which states it will be $354.00, receive the money and it’s $315, call up and told the $354 is just a figure, so basically they can just take what they want of your money

Tony

TonyAdelaide

Never use Travelex

Avoid this company do not use!!!

I checked the Exchange rates online - and proceeded to exchange my money
After receiving my money, it didn’t seem right - I looked at the receipt and the exchange rate wasn’t the same - when I questioned this they said the online rate is a “guide” and they can set their exchange at whatever they want
I exchanged $500 and got ripped off $89 aus compared to ANY other company for exchanging money
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !!!

Lisa K

Lisa K

Would never recommend this card

This is not a service I would recommend again

The product is comparatively expensive, difficult to move money off in cash especially when you have a last bit of money on the card and want to use it before you close it. I have been forced to use this product due to South African restrictions on using money to travel, but it has always been a stressful, bureaucratic and expensive experience. Save yourself the stomach ulcers and find another product. Unhelpful and uninformed service staff also.

Jo loves her kids

Jo loves her kidsAdelaide

Worst Card Ever!

Absolute worst card ever. This card attracted additional fees overseas, the exchange rate was poor, atm’s didn’t recognize the card, I lost $500 in excess charges and atm mistakes and customer service was useless. Was left stranded on the last 2 days of my holiday unable to access my last $500 which I had set aside for cab fares and airport fees. Customer service could not have cared less. I never got the money back. $500 down because I chose this card.

Easily hacked, no customer service

Caitlin

CaitlinBrisbane

Absolutely useless

Charged currency conversion fees when having sufficiency funds off desired currency, no help at all and hidden fees that no other travel cards have. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Tony18670

Tony18670Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth having

Could not get money from an ATM when we were overseas because the card had expired even though we still had Euros on it.
Travelex agencies in Europe would not assist telling us that we had to go to the store we originally purchased the card from. We have just spent nearly 2 hours with the Travelex agent in Frankston today trying to close our account and getting our money out. The agent (who was helpful and patient) was making numerous calls to Melbourne and overseas because our money had just disappeared. (We finally got the money) While the agents customer service can't be faulted the whole Travelex Cash Passport system is utter rubbish. Never again!

Kyliek

KyliekAdelaide

AWFUL

Useless card, hidden fees, had trouble reloading, had trouble getting an actual balance, emailed for help no response, phoned and even less help, App was useless, could maybe open in 1 in 20 times I tried, and then I get slugged more fees after my trip to withdraw the balance, that was "unavailable" while I was overseas. Never ever again, waste of time effort and money, could have just taken my Anz Visa overseas, and it would have cost me less in fees, with much less hassle.