Travelex Cash Passport

Travelex Cash Passport

See the Best Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Travelex

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (3) · No (13)
Amy S.
Amy S.Sydney, NSW

Absolute Rubbish

The account was topped up without knowing the card had expired. When i tried to use it in Barcelona, realised it had expired. So rung travelex for a refund or a new card to be sent to the hotel i was in at Barcelona. Was told they could not do that but can only send to the original address in WA, Australia or i had to go to the office which the closest was in London. When i came back to Australia after a month i contacted them again to resolve this. This was in October 2019 and till now, i still have not got my money because i need to find an office to go in to withdraw. The experience with them is just horrendous and it is very hard to rectify a very simple problem. Best to not use them at all.

Professional service

Liverpool travelex. Very handy as I worked in Westfields. We were updated often on exchanges by Zia. Every time we went away she was very informative and gave me and my family the best service. Even when it came to ordering money for holiday trips.

CurrencyUSD
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes
Helen B.
Helen B.South East Queensland, QLD

If I could click 0 stars I would! Don't waste your cash!!!

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Travelex Cash Passport compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Fees for what exactly?

Had a traveled card for travelling overseas (U.K). As that’s not an option anymore, transferred back to AUD from GBP....huge charge. Using the card in Australia to buy shopping etc, get charged each time. Using the card to purchase items online.....getting charged. Waste of time and money. If there was a option for 0 stars I would have submitted that .

Nathan
Nathan

Don't use this card

I was travelling and then there was a security problem with Travelex cards world wide so they shut the service down completely. Other issues like a fee for instant transferals.

CurrencyEUR

Terrible card

This card incurred a $10 fee each time I withdrew while in Thailand and then it stopped working for about a month. At the same time the site went down, along with the app so couldn't check my balance (also the site is still down after almost 2 months). It became really difficult to do anything with the card so I eventually had to transfer my money leftover on my card to my bank which incurs a $10 fee and the rates are terrible too. The only silver lining was the customer service when I reached them eventually was okay. I would recommend the Citibank or ING cars instead that has no withdrawal fees.

CurrencyAUD and THB
GlenSydney, NSW

Cash out or transfer rates are the worst

Pen
PenCurtin 2605, ACT

Terrible experience

One star too many. Difficult to transfer funds onto with a user unfriendly app. The ransomware hit Travelex whilst I was in Spain, I could not access funds, check my balance etc. Luckily I had another bank travel card with me and had not transferred too much money onto Travelex. Got back to Australia and withdrew the money and cut up the card. Never again.

Peter
PeterPerth, WA

Travelex shut down all services then

Timmy
TimmyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible, awful, stay away from this card!

I used the Travelex card in 2013 when in France and it was a disaster. In 2019 I went to Japan and when I exchanged cash I was advised that the card was much better 6 years on.

The card maybe better but everything else is terrible. I ended up paying over $70 in fees and charges. The app stopped working on 29/12 and never worked again during my holiday. As many here say the “help “ from Travelex is non existent.

When I went to “re exchange” my money back into AUD I was told that they couldn’t offer me the very good rate I was entitled to via this receipt document I had because their “system was down”. So I lost out there too.

I would never use travelex money card again.

Ruining my holiday- just a joke

Travelex app and online not working for over two weeks at least.
Emails to help desk gone unanswered.
Cannot top up my funds or get balances.
A total and complete failure.
Left me without cash in Peru and Bolivia where credit cards and not often accepted.
Just a complete disaster
Don’t know they are still in business

Travelex - have taken my money

Travelex has been down for over one week and how they have communicated with their customers is nothing short of disgusting. How can a company this size not have back up options. I would recommend everyone going to the bankers ombudsman and insist on all funds to be returned immediately.

Russell
RussellSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT USE THIS CARD !!!

Trying to top up card & after numerous phone calls to Travelex (bounced around call centre at least 12 times) was advised that their system is down and there is nothing they can do - Travelex going under !! DO NOT USE !!

CurrencyAUD, EUR and GBP
Leila
Leila

Terrible

Fees on this card is ridiculous!! They state there is no fees only to be bombarded with them!
And when you dont use the card you get charged more fees! Company is rigged and so are their products!

CurrencyUSD

Devastating!

Fees are shocking. We didn't get anywhere near value for money. Do not recommend this card to anyone. Am trying to retrieve whatever little is left, but can find no way to do this, either with the bank online or calling. Awful service and no backup help at all.

Read more reviews - page 2

Harveyson. D
Harveyson. Dasked

To what email address do I send my AU Travelex cash out form to?

Glen

I don't know about the form. I doubt there is such a thing as you need to prove identity and emailing that to someone means they can access your acccount. If someone sent you a form it may be a scam.
You can cash out to a bank account all online or go to a travelex shop location - a good thing about Travelex is they have lots of locations.
With the current ransomware crisis the main website is still down. However, you can use au.travelexmoneycard.com web site. Enter your card, email and password to log on. Go to transfer money tab.
The exchange rate is really bad for most currencies and they even charge a $10 fee on top of that.
If you buy things online - maybe use your travelex card and you may get a better exchange rate - not sure. I am thinking of testing this (expecting to save around 5 to 10% depending on currency conversion).

John M
John Masked

How do I check account used to load my Travelex card?
I believe amount loaded on to my Travelex card is being taken off one of my credit cards which costs me in fees. How do I change Travel ex instructions so that amount being transferred to my Travelex card is in future deducted from my bank debit card?
Help urgently appreciated
John

louisafrancini293
louisafrancini293asked

How do I cancel my CashPassport Card and retrieve the little that is left in it?

See all Travelex Cash Passport questions

Get an answer from our members and Travelex representatives

CategoryTravel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges