Travelex Cash Passport

Travelex Cash Passport

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (2) · No (13)
Helen B.

Helen B.South East Queensland, QLD

If I could click 0 stars I would! Don't waste your cash!!!

CurrencyTHB and USD

Fees for what exactly?

Had a traveled card for travelling overseas (U.K). As that’s not an option anymore, transferred back to AUD from GBP....huge charge. Using the card in Australia to buy shopping etc, get charged each time. Using the card to purchase items online.....getting charged. Waste of time and money. If there was a option for 0 stars I would have submitted that .

Nathan

Nathan

Don't use this card

I was travelling and then there was a security problem with Travelex cards world wide so they shut the service down completely. Other issues like a fee for instant transferals.

Terrible card

This card incurred a $10 fee each time I withdrew while in Thailand and then it stopped working for about a month. At the same time the site went down, along with the app so couldn't check my balance (also the site is still down after almost 2 months). It became really difficult to do anything with the card so I eventually had to transfer my money leftover on my card to my bank which incurs a $10 fee and the rates are terrible too. The only silver lining was the customer service when I reached them eventually was okay. I would recommend the Citibank or ING cars instead that has no withdrawal fees.

CurrencyAUD and THB

GlenSydney, NSW

Cash out or transfer rates are the worst

CurrencySGD and THB
Pen

PenCurtin 2605, ACT

Terrible experience

One star too many. Difficult to transfer funds onto with a user unfriendly app. The ransomware hit Travelex whilst I was in Spain, I could not access funds, check my balance etc. Luckily I had another bank travel card with me and had not transferred too much money onto Travelex. Got back to Australia and withdrew the money and cut up the card. Never again.

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Travelex shut down all services then

Competitive Exchange RateYes
Timmy

TimmyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible, awful, stay away from this card!

I used the Travelex card in 2013 when in France and it was a disaster. In 2019 I went to Japan and when I exchanged cash I was advised that the card was much better 6 years on.

The card maybe better but everything else is terrible. I ended up paying over $70 in fees and charges. The app stopped working on 29/12 and never worked again during my holiday. As many here say the “help “ from Travelex is non existent.

When I went to “re exchange” my money back into AUD I was told that they couldn’t offer me the very good rate I was entitled to via this receipt document I had because their “system was down”. So I lost out there too.

I would never use travelex money card again.

Ruining my holiday- just a joke

Travelex app and online not working for over two weeks at least.
Emails to help desk gone unanswered.
Cannot top up my funds or get balances.
A total and complete failure.
Left me without cash in Peru and Bolivia where credit cards and not often accepted.
Just a complete disaster
Don’t know they are still in business

Find out how Travelex Cash Passport compares to other Travel Money Cards

Travelex - have taken my money

Travelex has been down for over one week and how they have communicated with their customers is nothing short of disgusting. How can a company this size not have back up options. I would recommend everyone going to the bankers ombudsman and insist on all funds to be returned immediately.

Russell

RussellSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT USE THIS CARD !!!

Trying to top up card & after numerous phone calls to Travelex (bounced around call centre at least 12 times) was advised that their system is down and there is nothing they can do - Travelex going under !! DO NOT USE !!

CurrencyAUD, EUR and GBP
Leila

Leila

Terrible

Fees on this card is ridiculous!! They state there is no fees only to be bombarded with them!
And when you dont use the card you get charged more fees! Company is rigged and so are their products!

Devastating!

Fees are shocking. We didn't get anywhere near value for money. Do not recommend this card to anyone. Am trying to retrieve whatever little is left, but can find no way to do this, either with the bank online or calling. Awful service and no backup help at all.

Competitive Exchange RateNo

So sorry I chose this card

Steve

SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Avoid like the plague

Attempted to change PIN at RediATM as instructed, ATM took the card. Then locked out of the website and the website helpline was also unable to access the account using their own temporary password. The only option is to issue another card that takes seven to ten working days to arrive by which time I'll be overseas anyway. Unable to cash out the card or for a new card to be issued in time for my travel so all the money I had for my trip is unavailable. To add insult to injury they wanted to charge for a new card and will no doubt charge me for getting my own money back. If they can't fix a problem this simple in Australia I'm glad I was not dependent upon them when I was overseas.

Find out how Travelex Cash Passport compares to other Travel Money Cards

You would be better off using your usual bank card

All this company does is add fees onto each transaction. They prompt you to join however, do not give you an opportunity to read the PDS. So you do not know what you are signing up for. FEES FEES FEES. Shame on you Heritage Bank.

CurrencyAUD and NZD
Mary

MarySydney

Defaulted to AUD to double dip on fees + bad exchange rate to withdraw

Competitive Exchange RateYes
Score

ScoreGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Useless product.

Had a credit of AUD3059 when I left home, converted approx half to Euro. Every merchant in Europe where I tried to use the card and every Euro ATM rejected the card. Travelex admitted the card was NOT faulty as I was able to complete a single transaction of AUD293 in Singapore. So, $3059 - $293 =$2766. Cash out value? AUD2384. Loss = AUD382. Nearly 14% fees on a pre loaded card!! Pure greed. These guys are fortunate not to have faced the Australian Banking Royal Commission, because this is worse than any credit card fees I have ever paid. When you see 84% of scores are 1 star, you be the judge of this product and company. Customer service took 45 mins to resolve nothing.

Usury At The Worst

Putting money on the card is easy. Getting money off the card, or switching to a different currency, is an enormous loss. I put US$1500 dollars on the card, and then needed to convert the currency. I lost $241.05 in the transaction. Travelex Customer Service just shrugged. 18% for clicking two buttons. Note that if this was done in person at a Travelex kiosk, there is no fee for over US$1,000 in currency exchange. This is a terrible product, designed for Travelex to rob you rather than a convenient way to pay when traveling.

CurrencyCAD and USD
Anne

AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Total ripoff!!! Avoid< avoid<avoid!!!

We put in $400 Australian dollars, and spent less that $10 on the card. We were told today that we will be getting $289 back. I am beyond angry. Noone told me that I would lose 25% of my money by using this card. They tell you it is the safest option for travelling. Don't fear losing your money while travelling. The real robbers that you need to worry about ... are Travelex!!! Never again!!! Credit cards only, from now on!

Harveyson. D

Harveyson. Dasked

To what email address do I send my AU Travelex cash out form to?

Glen

I don't know about the form. I doubt there is such a thing as you need to prove identity and emailing that to someone means they can access your acccount. If someone sent you a form it may be a scam.
You can cash out to a bank account all online or go to a travelex shop location - a good thing about Travelex is they have lots of locations.
With the current ransomware crisis the main website is still down. However, you can use au.travelexmoneycard.com web site. Enter your card, email and password to log on. Go to transfer money tab.
The exchange rate is really bad for most currencies and they even charge a $10 fee on top of that.
If you buy things online - maybe use your travelex card and you may get a better exchange rate - not sure. I am thinking of testing this (expecting to save around 5 to 10% depending on currency conversion).

John M

John Masked

How do I check account used to load my Travelex card?
I believe amount loaded on to my Travelex card is being taken off one of my credit cards which costs me in fees. How do I change Travel ex instructions so that amount being transferred to my Travelex card is in future deducted from my bank debit card?
Help urgently appreciated
John

louisafrancini293

louisafrancini293asked

How do I cancel my CashPassport Card and retrieve the little that is left in it?

Get an answer from our members and Travelex representatives

CategoryTravel Money Cards