Triumph Rocket III Classic

Triumph Rocket III Classic

Steve

SteveMelbourne

3 years of stupidly grinning, just like the first time I rolled on the Rocket throttle in anger.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

ImpulsiveMildura

Surprise packet

Date PurchasedOct 2016

R 3 love - hate

I've got a 2010 r3 roadster. Had it since new. Brilliant bike. Only problem is if you do any modifications, apart from straight thru mufflers, triumph have no tune for it. Finding somebody to tune it is just about impossible. Have had it dynoed, bought new computer, had it dynoed again several times. Still no luck. Fouling plugs every 150 k's. Still can't bring myself to look at Harley's.

Sport Touring Bikes

Find out how Triumph Rocket III Classic compares to other Sport Touring Bikes

bikerjonesPortsmouth

After 9 months.......

Peter Dawson.
    Peter Dawson.

What's "tickover"?

bikerjones

Tickover is a term for idle

Kev V.

Kev V.asked

Can I change my R3T Speedo from mph to kph ?
    Cheers.

Gary

Garyasked

I have a 2012 rocket 111 touring , the LCD display on the speedometer reads in miles, is it possible to change this on the display to kmh? Thanks.

Glenys M

Glenys Masked

Ive fitted a new battery on my rocket 3 but the mileage on odometer is reading different to before change, any ideas?

Impulsive

I had a similar problem where the speedo needle went around to the end after fitting a new battery and then wouldn't return. Try disconnecting the power for about 10 minutes or so, hold the lead on the battery again for a few seconds and see if anything changes. Leave the power off for another 10 minutes or so and repeat the procedure above. You may need to do this a few times until the speedo resets itself. After doing this my needle returned to the start and has been fine since. This is not quite the same problem as you experienced but it might create the same effect. Good luck. I hope you're enjoying your Rocket as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Get an answer from our members and Triumph representatives