Vanish Preen Oxi Action Trigger

Vanish Preen Oxi Action Trigger

See the Best Fabric Softeners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vanish

1.3

Definitely do not buy!

Used this product on my daughters $100 Champion white hoodie. It’s now completely ruined with a huge yellow patch. This has happened to so many others. When is this company going to be held accountable?

IAN S.
IAN S.

Peen has lost the plot

Used preen all my life. Used to be great. Now the new formulation totally useless when used to remove small stains . It sprays like shaving foam ( if it sprays at all). Have to say I wouldn’t give it half a star. A total waste of money. Don’t buy it. It’s rubbish. Use nappysan.

Purchased in January 2021.

Stephanie Jones
Stephanie JonesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Changed this product!

This spray use to be so good and then I noticed the recipe change.
It now does not spray straight ahead, you waste half of it on the floor. It is now thick and doesn’t spray a wide area on the clothes so you end up wasting the whole bottle on one piece of clothing.
If you get it on your skin now your skin turns white and it burns!
Absolutely terrible what they have done to this spray.
I’m going through double the amount I use to.

Purchased in January 2020.

Petra K.
Petra K.Perth, WA

Excellent product now AWFUL

This was my go to. I loved how you'd see it bubble as it broke down the stains. I got a tiny drop of grease on my new fave maternity dress and after putting this on, the mark is HUGE! I can't wear the dress anymore (I've worn it 3 times since purchase!)

Tried soaking it in more to blend it out and about to try citric acid soak as apparently that might work. The outfit has been washed 4 times to no avail. Photos attached of the damage it has done.

I'm so annoyed, they must have changed the recipe as this product was bomb proof and exceptional. I might try soaking the product in a bucket of it to see if I can just make the stain all over so it's not noticeable any more.

Will never buy again. Go back to the old recipe please!

Purchased in February 2021.

Lucy
LucySydney, NSW

Changed brands

I used preen for years and it worked very well- then they changed packing & formula. The new packaging is difficult to use as a refill & the new formula doesn’t spray properly. Disappointing

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles for $5.99.

Sarah
SarahMelbourne

Sheets Ruined....stay away!!!!

I would give this 0 stars if I could. Used on my brand new white linen sheets (worth about $200!!!) and it caused a yellow stain! They are now completely ruined and I have to buy new sheets. Despite trying vinegar, bi-carb Soda, Bleach, Napisan Powder and washing 3 times nothing would get it out. Stay away from this product!!!!! Very disappointing (and expensive to replace things ruined!) :(

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $8.00.

Ruined a new white cotton T-Shirt

A new white 100% cotton T-shirt had a small make up mark on the neck. I used Vanish Preen Oxi Action hand washed it and dried it in the sun. I now have a huge yellow stain around the neck. I then soaked in Napisan overnight to try and remove the stain. It didn't work. It is a permanent stain. The $50 T-shirt is unwearable.

Also, the foam means it spreads all over the neck rather than being able to target a small stain as you can with a spray.

I will not being using this product again.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

Perth dog lover
Perth dog loverPerth, WA

Ruined brand new pants

Sprayed this on my brand new pants, left a huge bleach mark, they are ruined. If i could give no stars I would, would never ever Preen again. Will be looking for an alternative product.

Kate BridgeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Preen Vanish Wast of Money

I have been using prewash spray for oily greasy stains for years. My husband in a motor mechanic so I know what works. Preen use to work years ago but the new formula is a waste of my money.
Also the new type of foaming spray goes all over the place.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $4.50.

annazianna
annaziannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not like new formula

I used to use this all the time and I was very impressed that it took out even turmeric stains on the first go. Didn't have much of a smell to it and was very effective. Now they have got this new version of the product however and it is terrible. It has this very nasty chemical smell and I opened the windows the first time I used it and then bought something else next time I was at the supermarket. Very weird decision to change the formula given the other one worked very well and was even recommended by Choice I believe.

Gull
GullBelconnen 2617, ACT

Tattoo ink? Nah son, gone.

So, I spilt black tattoo ink on my wool carpet. I tried a handful of products recommended to me and nothing worked, I thought all was lost so I bought all the tools to patch the 500mmx500mm square. Right before starting, my landlord gave me this little pink bottle of magic. Couple squeezes, few seconds of working it into the fibres and it actually brought out the ink. I spy some pretty bad reviews on here, but for me this product will forever have a place on my shelf.

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $8.00.

Caroline
Caroline

Ruined Brand New White Sneakers!

My daughter somehow got a few small drops tomato sauce on her brand new white cotton sneakers. I assured her that I would use this product on the tiny marks and they would be back to flawless white the next day. To my horror all the areas which I had sprayed are now stained yellow! The shoes are totally discoloured and ruined. Highly disappointing and unexpected. If I'd know this would happen, I would have simply sponged them with a light detergent and let the sun do the rest. Terrible product.

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $5.99.

Slee