Vax Steam Fresh Pet VX23

Vax Steam Fresh Pet VX23

MPNs: 35905528 and 610
See the Best Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Vax? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

MEMPHIS
MEMPHISPerth, WA

NEEDS DESIGN UPGRADE MR. VAX

Purchased in April 2018.

Amy
Amy

Ruined my carpet

I found this steamer useless, it’s basically just a heavy mop, I used it twice on my carpet with the appropriate head & my carpet has lifted & now needs to be pulled back into shape, the carpet is only 4 years old. I would not recommend anyone to buy this product

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Jaye
JayeSunshine coast

Dont buy vax its a dud big time never heated just spat a spurt of steam in front of the triangular m

I agree with most of the comments and vax does nothing to assist their client base neither does the good guys.
An expensive item that failed to deliver. Definitely will not to consider that brand or associated electrical items in future. Mine never did heat up and I always had to wet the mop head prior to attaching or the floor would not even get damp. Had to email vax three times to extract the answer “does this steam mop get hot”

Date PurchasedOct 2016
RSL
RSLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works but poor value for money

Worked well, the cord was too short for house but easily solved with extension lead. Dry steam, never left streaks, but pads not effective and seemed to push dirt around rather than pick it up. Stopped working one month after warranty ended and nearest service centre over an hours drive away. It's an expensive purchase for only one year!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

Find out how Vax Steam Fresh Pet VX23 compares to other Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

Clearshield A.Landsdale

Not bad, but disappointed

Pro's
Triangular Head gets into spots marginally better than square heads
Dual tank for detergent and water
nice long cord

Con's
Pet pad is so think it doesnt really let the steam through and is very hard to push on wood floors
Glider is poor and doesn't let the microfibre pad "glide" at all
Trigger has a large movement range but only engages at the last few millimeter's and after 10 minutes you are struggling to keep it fully depressed

Conclusion - Keep looking.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
iamagirl69
iamagirl69South Australia

Not a good product, quite disappointed considering my other vax products are great.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
MS T
MS T

Fused out the house electricity

Very disappointed with the Vax Steam Fresh Pet VX23. Maybe it's just that I have no luck with steam cleaners. This model didn't perform as I'd hoped from a company that I thought made quality steam cleaners. Never again. I think I'll go back to using a mop and bucket and add disinfectant to the water.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Profusion
ProfusionMerrylands

Money Wasted

First one stopped working in 4 usage then got the replacement from the company and 2nd one damaged in 1 week of even infrequent usage. Both of appliance's issues are almost identical. The heater which produces steam that becomes damaged. Harvey Norman did their part in regards to send the machine to the company and called us right in time when they got the new replacement. Poor parts. Extremely dissatisfied.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Kazza
KazzaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Major Blockage Problem

Have only used this product about 5 times since purchase in June 2016- the rest of the time it has been at the repair shop (twice) with a blockage that required a whole new part and the second time a totally new mop was provided. Although this was free under warranty, I am waiting to see what happens when the year is up. Actually works fine when not blocked, but obviously a product fault well known to Vax and they should stop selling it.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Gerenga
Gerenga

Don't waste your money!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Great unit and easy to use

I love the fact that this steam mop uses detergent. I love the fact that my house is really clean. I bought an extra pack of mop pads and each room has its own colour-coded mop pad and this is really helped with any streaking which I think is caused by using the same head through out the house. I do like it you can fill the water tank anytime. All in all a great mop and when used correctly I think it's a great choice for anyone.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
klong999
klong999AU

Don't bother

I have had 3 other steam mops, I have a fully tiled house, each did a good job with minimal streaking and all removed dirt from the floor after vacuuming. This steamer did not clean, it just pushed the surface marks around to another place, leaving huge streaks. I steam kitchen floor daily, so they don't get that bad, but after a 2 days the floor was in need of a clean and I thought I would have it sparkling. The pads seem the problem, they do not lift the dirt, they will not absorb, although the machine does not make enough steam to clean anything. I even bought extra pads as I know the pads need changing regularly. Give this one a miss. Glad I didn't waste money on an extended warranty.

charmm
charmm

disappointed don't bother

I've upgraded from the godfreys $50 home hero model to this model. It's much heavier and leaves water marks everywhere. It doesnt have a constant steam measure either. Ive discussed this with Vax Australia and they have no solutions. Im contemplating buying another cheapie model that did a far more superior job

Jon TW
Jon TWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for cleaning and makes the house smell great

Keryn J