Vitasoy Oatmilk

Vitasoy Oatmilk

See the Best Milk in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Vitasoy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Elliot M.
Elliot M.South Australia

Worst milk I’ve ever tasted

Thick gelatinous texture. Tasted like stale oats mashed by mouldy feet. I took one sip and nearly vomited. My partner had the same reaction. How could vita-soy get oat milk so wrong?

Purchased in August 2021 at Woolworths for $3.50.

New Recipe is Horrible!!

This brand of oat milk used to be the best, now it is absolutely disgusting! Doesn't taste like oats any more and its bad enough on cereal etc, let alone by itself. When you drink it the amount of oil in It literally makes me nauseous to the point where I feel like I'm going to throw up - please bring back the old recipe!

Purchased in July 2021.

noel
noelSouth East Queensland, QLD

gave me an itchy rash

Came out in itchy rash. Took weeks to work out cause. By a process of elimination, came back to oat milk. Rash went within 2 days of giving up the product. I don't usually have allergies; so quite surprised. But facts are facts. I did enjoy taste. shame

Purchased in May 2021.

Questionable
QuestionableSydney, NSW

Love it! The 'new creamier taste' makes it so much yummier than other oat milks

Contrary to some of the other reviews, we actually prefer the 'new creamier taste'!
After drinking cows milk for years, I swapped to oat milk while breastfeeding my dairy intolerant daughter. I tried so many different types of dairy free milk alternatives and was so happy when I finally landed on the Vitasoy oat milk! It doesn't leave an aftertaste like some other oat/nut based milks and tastes perfect for coffees.

Purchased in January 2019.

James M
James MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting artificial new taste

The 'New Creamier Taste' is horrible. It now contains more water and fat, but less oats, protein and carbs. Plus it has an artificial tasting 'Natural Flavour' added. The previous recipe was perfect and I'd been drinking it for years. I can’t drink this oat milk anymore, and I refuse to pay the high price for the new prebiotic oat milk. No more Vitasoy for me.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.90.

Alittlelulu A.
Alittlelulu A.South East Queensland, QLD

What the hell is natural flavour!!!

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths.

Refreshed
Refreshed

Sad about their new "creamier version"

Used to be my go to milk alternative and would buy multiple packs weekly. They have sadly changed the formula completely - increasing the oil content whilst reducing the oat content. It literally feels like the product coats the throat after drinking it and has a taste strangely reminiscent of soy milk. I've switched to Pure Harvest, Oatly and Coles Organic depending on which supermarket I happen to be at, but I do miss the old product. The update is so inferior I'm inclined on avoiding Vitasoy products in the future as this so clearly comes across as a cost cutting exercise at the expense of customers.

Purchased in May 2020 for $2.90.

Steve
StevePerth, WA

Messed with a perfect formula

I've been drinking this brand for over 10 years
but unfortunately the new version is very unpleasant compared to the old recipe.
I was previously happy to pay $3 per 1 litre but not anymore.
It's a real shame that they messed with a winner.
I'll no longer buy this product.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.90.

MP
MPGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Oil Milk NOT Oat milk

Do manufacturers think consumers are this stupid .. As if there wasn’t enough profit in it before it’s mostly water and they charge $3 ... Now they they have increased the Oil and cut the Oats by 30% ??? Seriously are Oats that pricey these days ?? what a Joke. It WAS the best One

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for $2.70.

Kate
KatePerth, WA

Not happy with the change in the taste

I agree with others- the new creamier version is unpleasant. I liked this brand of oat milk because it was a subtle taste- perfect in tea but this is now overpowering. I too will no longer be buying this one anymore.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles for $3.00.

David
DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

New creamier formula is terrible

The new creamier version is terrible. They've dropped the oat content by 1/3 and changed the added calcium. The creamier taste isn't natural and it overpowers whatever the milk is added to. This used to have the oatiest taste of all the oat milks but is now the worst.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths Physical store.

S & V
S & VMelbourne

It used to be great. New 'creamier' version is bad.

It used to be great. New 'creamier' version tastes worse, has more crap in it and less oats. Very disappointed.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths.

stacer2012
stacer2012wollongong

Lost its oaty flavour

China owners have changed a winning formula,it now tastes bland
They put less oats in and its crap
Have been having for quite a while but will be now buying puteharvest oat milk
Two reasons being they put more outs in and quality oil plus its australian owned using Aussie produce

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.00.

Pal
PalSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointed

Vitasoy was recently bought out by a Chinese multinational company (the same one that sold poisonous baby formula powder to their own people). The oat milk now has less oats and oat flour, has more cheap sunflower oil, a ‘natural’ flavour has been added, as well as food acid 340. Nothing is creamier about the taste or texture. Previous recipe didn't need any flavours or acids added. Hope I can find a replacement because I wont be buying this again. I didn’t notice the change of ingredients until i unpacked it at home and saw the ‘new creamier taste’ on the carton, which i knew straight away was a euphemism for adulterating the ingredients.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $2.90.

Donal
DonalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cheap taste

They changed the recipe again. This time removing parts and adding more filter, for a new "creamy" taste. It's horrid now.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for $2.90.

Chris
Chrisasked

Does this product really reduce cholesterol?? Or is it just another gimmick for sales?? Has this been proven and confirmed??

Kazzar
Kazzar

I'm not a dietician so I don't know the answer, and I haven't done the research. I haven't had my cholesterol checked since starting with this drink. But I am on medication for cholesterol, so the real test for me will be when my levels are low enough to stop medication and just rely on vita soy. Please note my high cholesterol levels are not due to diet, but are a result of an auto immune disease.

caz
caz

It is the Beta glucan in oats that is said to have cholesterol lowering benefits. Data seems to be consistent across the board that daily consumption of 3g or more can potentially lower bad LDL by 5 - 7% which led to the United States Food and Drug Administration approving the cholesterol lowering claim in 1997 and the United Kingdom Joint Health Claims Initiative followed suit in 2004. You will find more info here