Vulcan Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

Vulcan Freeloader Gas Hot Water System Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Vulcan? Claim your listing.
Adrienne W.
Adrienne W. · Freeloader 170L (648170)

Hi,
I have the heat on 7 but the water is only warm. Any suggestions.

Sharon Williams · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

I have Vulcan Free Loader Outdoor Gas Hot water system. What is the best setting? I have it set on 6. The water is too hot. Usage is mainly only for two people.

Sharon Williams · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

My Vulcan 135L outdoor gas H/water service is continually at around 70c even when set at 4. It replace a large electric system when the plumber installed it a couple of years ago. there is usually only two people in the house ?

Danny

Peter R.
Peter R. · Freeloader 135L (648135)

how do you turn the water pressure up on freeloader

Jay
Jay · Freeloader 135L (648135)

I replaced my old Vulcan 135L gas hot water system with a new Vulcan 135L unit recently. I note that it takes a longer time for the hot water to come through as compared to the old unit which gave the hot water in just a few seconds. The impact of this I am waiting a longer time for the hot water to come through and also more importantly, I am wasting water while I am awaiting the hot water to arrive.
Why is this ? Otherwise the unit is working properly.

Accounts K.
Accounts K.

Same problem, it’s only luke warm, the unit is going, I press the relief valve on the side and hot water comes out of the unit and appears to fix the issue, Vulcan had no idea when I called them.

Rob G
Rob G · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

I have a brand new Vulcan natural gas 135lit some nights the pilot light is going out I’ve sealed all holes so no wind can’t blow it out, any ideas can I increase the pilot light gas pressure to make the flame stronger regards Rob

Robert John
Robert John · Freeloader 135L (648135)

Has anyone replaced the anode on this unit. I need to know which one is the right one. I was told this would be the correct one but am unsure is it uses a blue ananode. Please help.

Robin B. · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

My hot water system is leaking water on bottom of tank.the water drips on to pilot light,can't light it

Jeoffer
Jeoffer

Before getting a service I suggest checking at the age of your hot water system as if is old it might be better to put your money into a new system. In my case, the pilot light would not stay on and when I spoke to the plumber he suggested rather than spending several hundred dollars on repairs getting a new hot water system. Also depending on where you live there may be Government incentives to change to a new subsidised hot water system.

System was manufactured in 2009

Michael G. · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

I have a Vulcan Freeloader 170L gas hot water system, and would like to change the anode in it, but there doesn't appear to be one in the top of the tank or anywhere else I can find.
Could someone who has had their anode changed advise where / how it was changed?

Michael G.

It's mounted in the top of the tank, on the front left side under the insulation (you need to cut some of the insulation away to access it)

glen
glen · Freeloader 135L (648135)

I have low water pressure in the shower only is there any filters that are on the unit that could be blocked to cause this. The rest of the taps are fine

Stephen M.
Stephen M. · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

My vulcan hot water pipe is hot all the time is this normal

Meng S.
Meng S. · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

Hi , could anyone explain why the drain connected to the TPR(Temp.Pressure Relief) valve continually drain warm water despite manually pushing or pulling the TPR lever valve to discharge any encrusted sediments? Perhaps the TPR valve needs replacing for my Vulcan Freeloader 10 Gas Hot Water model?

cookster

Mine was leaking and it was replaced which fixed the issue . Cost was about $80 for the actual relief valve . You can take the old one to a plumbing supplier to get the exact same one .

Paul D.
Paul D. · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

Hi
I have a 25 year old Vulcan Freeloader. It is continuously (almost running) dripping water from condensation pipe at bottom side of unit. No sign of water in bottom of unit though. Any help appreciated. Note: Have opened & closed PRV on top of unit and water flows ok. No water observed dripping from this pipe.

Phillip B.
Phillip B. · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

Water is too hot on my Vulcan 648135NO System...Is there a regulator to turn heat down?

Ned C.
Ned C. · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

My Vulcan Freeloader 300 (never been a problem) is dripping from the bottom of the Pressure Limiting Valve. Can I fix it or is a professional needed?

cookster

I replaced mine after it became blocked , I do a relief check every 6 months .
Took a photo of it and got another from a plumbing store . A crescent and some thread tape is all you will need .

Helen W.
Helen W. · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

how do i change the temperature on my vulcan gas hw system

Amar B.
Amar B. · Freeloader 170L (648170)

Hi I have Vulcan freestanding model658135NO. 135 lit. Every morning it flush lot of hot water from the discharge pipe. For around 5 mins. It's winter time and I anever run-out of hot water but that 5 min. Of flush and steam concerned me. Thank you for your help in advance.

anil1955
anil1955 · Freeloader 170L (648170)

Hi,
How to drain this water heater? How to replace Anode? Help please.
Thanks.

Michael G.

To pull the anode out and check it to see if it's degraded to the point where it needs changing, Remove the flu assembly from the top of the tank, then lift up the sheet metal layer on top.

Frank W.
Frank W. · Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

Magnesium or aluminium anode.

Select a listing for your question
Vulcan Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Vulcan? Claim your listing.