4.2

75% · 246 · 19%
Brand Manager for Vulli? Claim your listing.

Tony
TonyPerth, WA

Questionable safety

Bought 1 Sophie Giraffe for teething, didn't read the instructions and cleaned it in a steriliser. The colour descaled and it became porous with a water sound inside. Bought a 2nd one, washed it in hot water as it was absolutely covered in baby spit, the water got inside. A mate showed us theirs cut in half from the same problem and it was filled with mould! Terribly unsafe for kids health and lungs! It is not practical to always wipe an uneven surface down with antiseptic wipes to clean it, you should be able to at least rinse it in water. Have another teething ring now and our bub is happy with it, loves it. Show details
Sim1here
Sim1hereSydney, NSW61 posts

Sophie The Giraffe

Sophie... The Hype built you up and you just couldn't perform to those expectations. This is more of a novel squeaky toy. If you have dogs that like squeakers then this isn't recommended. We found that by the time our son could get any use out of Sophie he was beyond the teething stage. Sophie wore and broke around the neck. It's not easy to clean and it's one of those toys that become a breeding ground for mould. We got more use out of the Sophie teething ring.  Show details
Moanna
Moanna

The worst teether

I really can’t get what is the fuss about this giraffe. It’s super pricy compared to other teether and my baby doesn’t like it at all, I keep offering it to her but she much prefers other cheaper teether she has. Also she got really yuk inside after I washed her few times under the tap, the sqeeker stopped working. The head is way too big to get to baby’s mouth. Do not recommend. Show details
PurpleRain
PurpleRainKalgoorlie3 posts

Absolutely loved it!

Was skeptical at first buying it because of the price but it was worth it! My son loved it, the material is really made of high quality. He used it from 4 til 10months. Will recommend it to everyone. After a few months of usage the color will eventually fade but apart from that, never had an issue!

Haylz
HaylzGold Coast3 posts

Sophie the saviour!

Oh sophie honey, you are so wonderful. Without you my daughter would of had a horrible time teething. She loves you 24/7, I introduced her to you when she was just 2mths old and she is nearly 2yrs old now and still loves you. I just wish you were able to go swimming in the bath with her without getting yukky inside. But thank you, we still love you!

Katiku
KatikuSydney4 posts

Life (and finger) saver!

When I was pregnant I thought spending $30 on a silly giraffe toy was ludicrous! That was until my 4 month old started teething. All the other teething toys are either to hard or too soft and are made of horrid plastic. My bubs teether of choice was always a finger. That was until I caved in and bought Sophie. Bub LOVED it instantly! Barely puts it down. Goes to town nawing on the legs and face and gives our poor fingers a much needed break. I read that it picks up lots of dust but in my experience it hasn't been an issue. It sits on a blanket most of the time but doesn't get fluff on it. I think a quick rinse off would do the trick if it did though.

Leash2323
Leash2323AU3 posts

Best teething toy on the market!

From the very first sign of teething, Sophie the giraffe has been a must in our house! We were gifted one early which we sadly lost at the shops! No other teething toys seemed to do the trick and I went out and bought a new one the very next day. Amazing (not to mention super cute!)

Taylah C
Taylah CAdelaide12 posts

Stylish yes efficient teething toy

We've been inlove with Sophie ever since Kourtney Kardashian posted a photo of her. We finally bought one and couldn't be happier. Love the feel of Sophie and the look. The squeaker is just adorable and my son loves it. Excellent baby shower gift and well loved toy. Highly Recommend to anyone

Reva
RevaBrisbane7 posts

Little one got this for Easter and LOVES it !

My little boy got a Sophie Teether toy for Easter and he loves it so much. He cries when he drops it in the car and wants to carry it everywhere - so cute - Sophie is his new best friend. We bought from [weblink removed] and got it in two days and it was even gift wrapped. Now I will have to buy him a Sophie friend - was thinking of the FanFan Teether or the soft teething ring. My daughter loved her Sophie as well it was given to me at my baby shower - yeo it is so true like they say - it will be used and loved :)

Sam L
Sam LPerth12 posts

Baby loves this Giraffe

Baby got this as a Christmas present.

From the get up and go, she would never get enough of it, always putting it in her mouth, chewing and playing with it. Very pricey toy though, but we got it as a present, which was very lucky of us. Water seems to get into the toy due to the hole at the back, nothing major, just annoying. Other than that, i think its a awesome product.

Bowl46
Bowl46Metropolitan Adelaide, SA15 posts

Easy grip

Nicely designed so the baby can hold this with his little hands. My baby likes to chew on a different part of it each time he has it. But since its made from silicone, it's a dust magnet. Wish it comes with a little plug to cover the hole so I can soak it in a hot soapy water like I do with other stuff that goes into his mouth

Robbie
Robbie

Fav chew toy, we play with Sofie every day!

My chihuahua just loves Sofie!..He throws her around makes he squeak and droops at my feet for me to play fetch. I didn't know Sofie was a special teething aid for babies, until a friend came over and remarked "your dog has a Sofie!!?". I said yes it's his second, as he found another on an afternoon walk. The first has UV damage from laying in the sun, evidence of the natural rubber compounds. After reading about Sofie's special properties I admit to giving her a wash and having a little chew myself. The best chew toy of all time, yes.

Mommy
MommyMelbourne4 posts

She loves Sophie

This one is a bit expensive, but it has been a favourite!

The natural rubber has a different texture than silicone, and preferred by my baby. She likes to chew on Sophie's ears.

I also bought the one with the ring handle, but it was rejected over the original Sophie. I think it was holding the legs that she missed.

Sammy
Sammy7 posts

We love sophie

My son had the Sophie with the handle and we have passed it onto my daughter. We then purchased the full size Sophie and my daughter can't get enough. It's the only toy she can grab onto and really shove it in her mouth (4 months) worth every cent to see my babies happy.

Kath
KathBrisbane19 posts

Very expensive

I bought this because all the girls at mothers group raved about it. It actually feels very flimsy, hollow and cheap! I gave it to my daughter who put it straight in her mouth, made a face and spat it out!! I'm going to have to spend the next few weeks offering it to her as there is no way I'm allowing her not to use it after paying 32$ It's worth about 5-10$!